LCP Recall

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

kidder014
Posts in topic: 5

Re: LCP Recall

Post by kidder014 »

I finally got mine back from Ruger for the second time last night.

Interesting about you mentioning the barrel. On the repair report they included with the gun, it indicates that they replaced the barrel as well as the broken mag latch and spring (which is what it was actually sent back for the second time). I wasn't aware of any problems with the barrel on my gun, so I'm not sure what that was about.

Also, mine is a 370-xxxx. There might be a little truth to the barrel recall rumor. Maybe it's too early to tell. If there is, I will assume mine was already retrofitted, since they've replaced it.

fredtubbs
Posts in topic: 2

Post by fredtubbs »

Got my LCP back today. Took about a week. Still not shipping the magazine extension and promising it will come later.

Now to the range to see how it does.
Some call me Fred, some don't.

NRA Member
CHL
Bitter clinger

Rex B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Rex B »

I just bought a new LCP a few days ago, have yet to fire it.
Any chance it's included in the latest recalls?
Do I need to call Ruger?
Anything I can check on my pistol? :headscratch
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Rex B wrote:I just bought a new LCP a few days ago, have yet to fire it.
Any chance it's included in the latest recalls?
Do I need to call Ruger?
Anything I can check on my pistol? :headscratch
Check the frame below the hammer. If there is a diamond shape stamped in it, then it has been through the recall. It also only affected guns with serial numbers starting with 370-xxx.... If you have a 371 series, it is not affected.

Here is the info on the recall http://www.ruger.com/LCPRecall/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

garcia946

Post by garcia946 »

Finally , I found a LCP , bought it today , can`t wait go go out a shoot it.
After that went to my local gun store and got the finger extension , two pack , for both clips , $9.99
I should be good , prefix 371-xxx. :woohoo
NRA Instructor/RSO
Glock 27 .40 , Sig P229 .40
Right To Carry CHL

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

Mine came with one magazine only. I bought it at CTD, new
Are they supposed to come with two?
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 23

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Rex B wrote:Mine came with one magazine only. I bought it at CTD, new
Are they supposed to come with two?
Not necessarily...mine came with one also and a ruger soft case. It sounds like he bought some kind of special packaging edition. The poster also mentioned a hard case came with his. Maybe it is the way Ruger plans to sell them in the future. Now on the other hand, if yours came with a hard case as the poster above mentioned, I would think it should have two magazines. Some dealers do cheesy stuff like removing extra mags so they can make a few extra bucks stealing from folks.... quite a few actually.

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

Mine came in a cardboard box, with a gun rug, a lock and a pistol, one mag.
I was disappointed there was no lockable plastic case.
-----------

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 23

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Rex B wrote:Mine came in a cardboard box, with a gun rug, a lock and a pistol, one mag.
I was disappointed there was no lockable plastic case.
I dunno. Here is a link to the Ruger websight. Mine came just as described here. Maybe they are changing it up some. The gun rug thing sounds cool. Mine also came in a cardboard box. I figured with such a cheap pistol they had to cut costs somewhere.

http://www.ruger.com/LCP/Specifications.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

garcia946

Post by garcia946 »

Mine came in hard case( pretty lil thing ) with two mags , they did give me the cardboard case that had the gun lock
got it at Academy they said it was an Academy Exclusive ... oooohhhh..... lol
NRA Instructor/RSO
Glock 27 .40 , Sig P229 .40
Right To Carry CHL

rbraughn

Post by rbraughn »

I finally found an LCP today at Academy in Galveston.....371 prefix, not under recall, already corrected problem at manufacturing . It came with a cool hardcase with very firm foam cutouts for pistol and extra mag. and it also came in a cardboard box with a 3 1/2 padlock, owners manual and insert with the updated exploded view after the change was made.

Has a ton of oil on it. Now if I could just find some ammo to buy for it, I'D go the the range......But galveston's range is still down, so Texas City I guess is on the agenda

I wish my several thousands of rounds of ammo didn't get submerged in 4 1/2 foot of saltwater from IKE. Cleaned it all up the best I could, but the brass is still getting a little green......anyone have any suggestions? I've flushed with Naptha, dried and the sprayed with case lube, but some is still getting funky. don't know if I should toss it all or see what it'll do at the range. :confused5 I have 5.56 / 270 win / 7mm mag/ 300 win mag/ 380 / 40S&w /357 sig /45ACP /357 mag /and tons of 22long and 22 mag.....oh welll
Be insensitive....Tell the truth !!

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

rbraughn wrote:I finally found an LCP today at Academy in Galveston.....371 prefix, not under recall, already corrected problem at manufacturing . It came with a cool hardcase with very firm foam cutouts for pistol and extra mag. and it also came in a cardboard box with a 3 1/2 padlock, owners manual and insert with the updated exploded view after the change was made.

Has a ton of oil on it. Now if I could just find some ammo to buy for it, I'D go the the range......But galveston's range is still down, so Texas City I guess is on the agenda

I wish my several thousands of rounds of ammo didn't get submerged in 4 1/2 foot of saltwater from IKE. Cleaned it all up the best I could, but the brass is still getting a little green......anyone have any suggestions? I've flushed with Naptha, dried and the sprayed with case lube, but some is still getting funky. don't know if I should toss it all or see what it'll do at the range. :confused5 I have 5.56 / 270 win / 7mm mag/ 300 win mag/ 380 / 40S&w /357 sig /45ACP /357 mag /and tons of 22long and 22 mag.....oh welll
The Acadamy at Galveston is selling handguns? Most excellent! When did this start?
I cleaned a couple hundred rounds of 9mm WWB with Tarnex but haven't dared to fire it. If you do shoot yours, please let us know.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Greybeard
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Greybeard »

My "recalled" 370XXX LCP came back Monday. Exactly 2 week turn-around (door to door to door). Box included the cap, extra magazine and note that new floor plate would be sent later.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

iamomeed
Posts in topic: 1

Post by iamomeed »

Crap!!!! im glad i saw this post my buddies will be happy too

rbraughn

Post by rbraughn »

Liberty wrote:
The Acadamy at Galveston is selling handguns? Most excellent! When did this start?
I cleaned a couple hundred rounds of 9mm WWB with Tarnex but haven't dared to fire it. If you do shoot yours, please let us know.
Yes, they are...(I think they were selling them Pre-Ike, but cant really remember.I usually try to deal with independently owned shops if possible to support the locals but the LCP was proving to be elusive)

Not a huge selection but not too bad....maybe 20 or so assorted makes and models of revolvers/SA's etc.

*****edited for Liberty to say I stopped in Galveston Academy today looking for ammo, and they actually have about 50 different models of handguns: Glocks,Rugers, XDs,Paras, Barettas, (I'm sure Im forgetting a few )....also Galveston Walmart had 3 "value packs" of WWB 40's after I got through today, but thats it(27.99$) probably gone by now
Be insensitive....Tell the truth !!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”