It is possible to pocket carry a PCR...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
edmart001
Posts in topic: 2

It is possible to pocket carry a PCR...

Post by edmart001 »

I am posting this to share a recent discovery: I've been able to successfully pocket carry my CZ-75 D PCR. For those of you not familiar, although typically listed as a compact, this is not a particularly small pistol. At L=7.2, H=5.3 and W=1.4 inches it is within a few tenths of an inch in length, height and width of the Glock 19 or the Sig 229.

My normal mode of carry is IWB with a Tucker Texas Heritage, which works very well, but from time to time I found myself wanting either a quicker way to arm-up for a short jaunt or to be able to make a quicker presentation if planning to wear multiple layers. We have a community mailbox down the street to which I typically walk and I found it a hassle to rig up with a gun belt and the Tucker while in shorts, just to go check the mail. I also ride a motorcycle daily and found IWB carry to be rather difficult for quick access to the pistol under any of my riding jackets.

So, I recently acquired a DeSantis Nemesis after reading several recommendations for it here and have been pocket carrying quite a lot lately. For quick trips down the street, the Nemesis shrouded PCR fits well in a cargo pocket of several of my shorts. To be sure, it certainly fills the pocket and close scrutiny from a knowledgeable person might lead to detection, but so far it hasn't even been noticed by either my older son, who also has a CHL, my wife, or anyone else. I also have taken to carrying in the inside breast pocket of my motorcycle jackets. Again, nothing else is getting into one of those pockets if the PCR is in there, but I think presentation should be much quicker than IWB and nobody has even given it a sniff.

One last point - I agree with the train of thought that says one should have the trigger covered anytime one carries, especially if it's a DA/SA with no manual safety (like mine) - hence the Nemesis. I don't know if anyone else will find this of any interest, but this seems to work well for me and I guess I just want to close by saying I don't think one should be hesitant about trying to pocket carry one's pistol if so inclined even if it's not a "pocket" pistol.

Otto N. Sure

Re: It is possible to pocket carry a PCR...

Post by Otto N. Sure »

The PCR is an awesome pistol! It's not much different than my CZ 40P, but I had never considered pocket carrying it. I would have thought it a bit heavy to put in my cargo shorts pocket. I'm going to have to see how this works for me. Thanks for the suggestion! :fire
Otto

Life Member: NRA; Single Action Shooting Society. Forum Moderator: CZForum.com

Topic author
edmart001

Post by edmart001 »

Otto N. Sure wrote:The PCR is an awesome pistol! It's not much different than my CZ 40P, but I had never considered pocket carrying it. I would have thought it a bit heavy to put in my cargo shorts pocket. I'm going to have to see how this works for me. Thanks for the suggestion! :fire
I really like my PCR. I do think it's a great pistol.

And oh yeah, it's heavy for pocket carry. I've found that when I carry in a cargo pocket I end up having to put on a belt anyway just to keep the weight of the pistol from pulling my pants down - but in these instances the belt doesn't necessarily have to be a gun belt. And, the pistol bumping my leg when I walk wouldn't be comfortable if I were on a long walk, but for short walks or around the house it works well for me. Also, I've found cargo pocket carry when driving a car for long distances is much more comfortable than IWB carry with the pistol at 4:00 (which is where I normally carry when doing so IWB).

So, this method of carry with this pistol certainly isn't for me all the time. But, it is an option that works very well for me some of the time. I'm glad I went ahead and bought a pocket holster and tried it.

kalipsocs
Posts in topic: 1

Post by kalipsocs »

Well good to see that I am not the only CZ fan on this thing now....there was one other before you guys (that i knew of)! Have a P-01 so same as a PCR minus the addition of accessory rail. Pocket carry seems like a tall order for this hunk of metal, but I absolutely love carrying it in the winter in my MTAC.

Otto N. Sure

Post by Otto N. Sure »

For me the ideal CZ carry pistol is my CZ 2075 RAMI in 40 S&W. Now THAT is a piece of awesome metal!! :clapping:
Otto

Life Member: NRA; Single Action Shooting Society. Forum Moderator: CZForum.com

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”