Self Powered Radio

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
USCGELECTROTECH
Posts in topic: 1

Self Powered Radio

Post by USCGELECTROTECH »

Today on http://www.woot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; they have a really cool $50 self powered radio. A good add to your bug out bag or distaster supplies.
Taurus PT145 MIL PRO (Carry Gun)
NRA
USCG (01-04 Blown Knee)
Semper Paratus

ninemm

Re: Self Powered Radio

Post by ninemm »

What was distasteful about it?

joe817

Post by joe817 »

That's one of the most functionally useful emergencies radios I've ever seen. I have an Eaton self powered radio for emergencies, and use it 5 or 6 times a year when we lose power. The hand crank generator works really well.

Mine though has: cel phone charging ability, flashlight, siren, flashing red light, Am/FM & 7 shortwave bands, no NOAA weather radio, no clock radio, and most importantly no GMRS 2 way radio.

I'd trade mine in for that one in a heartbeat. If I didn't have the one I have now, I'd sure pick that one up.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

redoregon

Post by redoregon »

"rlol"
NRA/TSRA member
7/11/09: training finished
8/4: app sent
8/12: check cashed
8/22: PIN received
8/24: Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
9/28/09: Plastic in hand

Soldev

Post by Soldev »

The Midland XT511 GMRS BASE CAMP Radios are back in stock. It is a 5-Watt 22 Channel GMRS Radio with five power options. Featuring NOAA Weather Radio with Alert as well as an AM/FM Radio, making the XT511 the ultimate communication tool.
These are also great for emergency situations in which you do not have power, it has a wind up lever on the side. MSRP $100

You can get more information from the manufacturers web page at: https://midlandusa.com/product/xt511-base-camp/
Texas License To Carry Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor & NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Benefactor Life Member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Soldev wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:18 am The Midland XT511 GMRS BASE CAMP Radios are back in stock. It is a 5-Watt 22 Channel GMRS Radio with five power options. Featuring NOAA Weather Radio with Alert as well as an AM/FM Radio, making the XT511 the ultimate communication tool.
These are also great for emergency situations in which you do not have power, it has a wind up lever on the side. MSRP $100

You can get more information from the manufacturers web page at: https://midlandusa.com/product/xt511-base-camp/
Wow. Resurrecting a 9 year old thread! Heck of a job of thread necromancy. I bow down to you sir! :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”