Introduce yourself

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Thunderbolt_47
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Thunderbolt_47 »

Oh crap, I missed the introduction thread ; sorry!

So, I'm Paul, 39, from Corpus Christi, and as you may have guessed, I'm a proud gun owner. I started shooting 31 years ago when my father taught me to shoot his 10/22, and then came the first shotgun (some kind of ancient dinosaur chambered in .20 gauge, single shot) at age 14, and when I turned 18, he gifted me an M1 Garand that his father had bought to hunt hogs and coyotes after coming back from Korea.

Since I got a lot of exposure, I developed a strong case of gunnitis and it has remained one of my main hobbies since then. Now, I own, apart from that Garand, a S&W 1917 revolver, a 1895 Nagant, a CZ-75, a Hungarian High Power clone, a Glock 19, a Ruger Mk.1 a Polish P64, a WASR-10, an Arsenal AK-74, a Mossberg 500, a Mosin Nagant, a 10/22 a Yugo M48 Mauser, a M1 Carbine and a PTR-91 ; I could have had issues with my wife, if the AK-74, P64, High Power and M1 carbine weren't hers! I met her when I was in college (the GI Bill was one of the best things to happen in my life!), she was a foreign exchange student, and I quickly converted her to my favorite hobby ; and now, my 11 year old daughter and 8 year old son have both become quite proficient with the .22 guns.

As you have guessed, guns are one big deal in the life of my family and in my own history, and that's why I joined this forum : I want to see what I could do, at my scale, to prevent liberals from taking our rights away.

Sorry for the long blog rant, and I hope we'll be able to enjoy our guns for another couple centuries... at least!

TexasFlash
Posts in topic: 23

Post by TexasFlash »

welcome! :txflag:

LimaCharlie3

Post by LimaCharlie3 »

Welcome, Paul. I too am in Corpus Christi.

Grumpy1993

Post by Grumpy1993 »

Hi, I'm Jacob, and I'm a pewpewholic.

Male, 24, voting for Cruz and Crenshaw

:patriot:
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

Kalistis
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Kalistis »

Hi y’all. New to the Great State of Texas and the forum. Moved here in July from a state I rather not mention. Despite not being born here, I think I’ve been a Texan since birth.

Female
Veterinary Hospital Manager/Masters Degree in Business
Married to Active Duty Sailor!
I’m playing waiting game for my LTC, print pending
Carry guns/equipment- I haven’t decided on my primary but it is between my SIG p365 & Kimber micro 9. I just purchased an HK VP9- it’s great at the range but a little too big to carry. As far as equipment I’m in trial mode. I can’t decide what is going to be more comfortable. I’ll report back once I know more.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Liberty »

Kalistis wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:02 am Hi y’all. New to the Great State of Texas and the forum. Moved here in July from a state I rather not mention. Despite not being born here, I think I’ve been a Texan since birth.

Female
Carry guns/equipment- I haven’t decided on my primary but it is between my SIG p365 & Kimber micro 9. I just purchased an HK VP9- it’s great at the range but a little too big to carry. As far as equipment I’m in trial mode. I can’t decide what is going to be more comfortable. I’ll report back once I know more.
Welcome to the forum, I hope you gain as much from it as I have. I am also a transplant to Texas, but have been proud to call Texas my home for 30 years.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Jusme
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Jusme »

Kalistis wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:02 am Hi y’all. New to the Great State of Texas and the forum. Moved here in July from a state I rather not mention. Despite not being born here, I think I’ve been a Texan since birth.

Female
Welcome to the forum! :tiphat:

Always good to welcome more women here. Thank your husband for his service from the forum. :patriot:

You have great taste in guns, any of those would be good EDC options. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Kalistis
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Kalistis »

Thanks all for the warm reception. My husband is a bit bitter that I’ll have my LTC before him. He took the class with me but has a pending Texas ID in the works, so he can’t proceed to the next step just yet.

I went to the range last night to help me settle on which of the three would be my primary, but I’m struggling with making a decision. I’m probably the most accurate with the HK VP9. I have small hands but the larger grip affords a better grip. Additionally, the gun is heavier than the other two which certainly helps. However, I can’t see how I’ll comfortably wear this gun. It might be a good option as my secondary, holstered in the car?

I’m most comfortable with the Sig, but only because I’ve had it the longest out of the 3. I like the larger capacity mags and the ease of loading the mags. The Kimber fits my hand perfectly. I love the site. I have a feeling I’ll be more accurate with it than the Sig down the line. The 7 round mag is a bit of a bummer but that only matters at the range. It’s not like I’ll be unloading it on the daily. The mag is also annoying to load. I have a thing that assists me in loading it but the bottom of the mag doesn’t rest on a surface evenly. So it’s a bit more work to load. Both are small and easy to conceal. I’ll probably head to Cabela’s today to see if I can find a holster.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 252

Post by longtooth »

Not really new here. Joined very shortly after it was born. Been out for quit some LONG time. Probably not one of my best decisions in life. I am back. Hope I have the discipline to stay aaaahh, til death do us part this time, or there bouts.

Age - 68
Gender - Male
Profession/school status - Pastor Pine Grove Baptist Church, outta Diboll. Small town little over 5,000 125 miles North of Houston on Hiway 59.
Marital status - Yes. 50 yrs this coming Jan 30th.
Years CHL - 20 yr Veteran
Carry guns/equipment - Springfield Armory XD-45. Safariland 6378 level 2 retention. Open Carry all the time unless 30.07 or church.
Folks in clan that carry. Wife, son, daughter In Law, daughter, several couzins from Texas to Kentucky.
Taught the LTC class for 8yrs.
See some of the old hands still around. Lotta new names to get acquainted with.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Liberty
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Liberty »

Missed you, Welcome back.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 4

Post by crazy2medic »

Kalistis wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:45 am Thanks all for the warm reception. My husband is a bit bitter that I’ll have my LTC before him. He took the class with me but has a pending Texas ID in the works, so he can’t proceed to the next step just yet.

I went to the range last night to help me settle on which of the three would be my primary, but I’m struggling with making a decision. I’m probably the most accurate with the HK VP9. I have small hands but the larger grip affords a better grip. Additionally, the gun is heavier than the other two which certainly helps. However, I can’t see how I’ll comfortably wear this gun. It might be a good option as my secondary, holstered in the car?

I’m most comfortable with the Sig, but only because I’ve had it the longest out of the 3. I like the larger capacity mags and the ease of loading the mags. The Kimber fits my hand perfectly. I love the site. I have a feeling I’ll be more accurate with it than the Sig down the line. The 7 round mag is a bit of a bummer but that only matters at the range. It’s not like I’ll be unloading it on the daily. The mag is also annoying to load. I have a thing that assists me in loading it but the bottom of the mag doesn’t rest on a surface evenly. So it’s a bit more work to load. Both are small and easy to conceal. I’ll probably head to Cabela’s today to see if I can find a holster.
A good gun belt goes along way in the comfort dept, I carry a full size 1911 with double stack mag of .45acp, the belt makes all the difference!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Pawpaw »

Welcome back, LT!!!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Pawpaw wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:07 pm Welcome back, LT!!!
Thank you. :tiphat: :tiphat:
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Liberty wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:07 pm Missed you, Welcome back.
Thank you Liberty.

agers20

Hello All

Post by agers20 »

hello everyone,
Justin
Single Dad
S&W S/P Shield 40
Glock 22-40

I live in Deep East Texas (Lufkin). I am fairly new to handguns, definitely new to the whole CHL process. I'm wanting to get a handgun for my dad, then he,my brother and I can all get our CHL's together.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”