What's the Origin of Your User Name?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

aero10
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What's the Origin of Your User Name?

Post by aero10 »

I'm an aerospace engineer and I graduated from Mississippi State in 2010.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Pawpaw »

Halfsackzac wrote:Two years back I was Riding down Highway 6 on my 2009 Yamaha R1 (R.I.P.) :cryin and a minivan crossed traffic and hit me, 30 broken bones, 2 months in the hospital and 2 months in out patent therapy and a lot of metal running through both arms, but the name on here comes from the fact that where the gas tank sits on a sport bike is not the best position for a head on wreck. When you hit something head on at high speeds you go straight forward and your pelvis goes straight into the tank. Needles to say I ended up half the man I used to be after this wreck and my buddies started calling me halfsack :rolll after that it just stuck.
That hurt, just reading it. :shock:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

first name initial, middle initial, last name, number in football in high school. Sadly there is no story behind that one.
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

EdnaBambrick
Banned

Post by EdnaBambrick »

I was one of the original Yahoo trolls. I had 50 alaises because Yahoo didn't require a phone number and text verification like they do now. This was the one I decided to keep.

lfinsr

Post by lfinsr »

Pawpaw wrote: That hurt, just reading it. :shock:
:iagree: :iagree:
My guns won't be illegal, they'll be undocumented. :thumbs2:

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

lfinsr wrote:
Pawpaw wrote: That hurt, just reading it. :shock:
:iagree: :iagree:
:iagree: .... and I'm a woman
welcome to the group.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Fun-Slinger

Post by Fun-Slinger »

Like my fishing username "BiteMyShinyMetalHook", it just popped into my mind one day--when I was practicing fast drawing at the mirror. I thought it was funny :rolll
CZ 75 P-01 9mm

Mrfriendly93
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mrfriendly93 »

It was different from every other username I've ever had.

Unfortunately it was only after I told my wife out loud what it was that I really recognized how "Hey kid, want some candy?" It came off as.

batsibf

Post by batsibf »

Batsibf

this is an old one that just stuck with me,

bats in the bell fray

Gunner4640
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Gunner4640 »

Gunner4640 wrote:Mine is dedicated to 2 people, the Gunner part is from my uncle who was a door Gunner in WWII on a B-17 and the 4640 is from a very dear police officer friend. it was her badge number ie.. Gunner 4640 :fire
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

Beardo

Post by Beardo »

I have a big beard.

TaterinTexas

Post by TaterinTexas »

I have had the nickname "tater" since high school, after I hit a home run playing baseball. It was the only HR I ever hit, and it was an inside the park HR. Our coach said "Lil' Paul got himself a tater!" ... and it stuck.

GreenMan0352

Post by GreenMan0352 »

In high school I use to wear this suit and go on school trips. It was a green spandex suit like from the show, "Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia" if you google that show and greenman you will see what I mean. Back to the story though, I use to go on every school trip I could and I remember a buddy and I went on this FCCLA trip since it was all females we were assigned to set up and it was like every high school boys dream. I remember I packed the suit in a small under armor backbag and we were in downtown Dallas at the convention center for the event. I went to the restroom and I put on the suit. That night no joke I got over 300 numbers! That was the birth of greenman.

Then one day back in my hometown I put on the suit in my home economics class we had a bathroom and my friend played the song, "99 red balloons" at the part where the beat really kicks off and I came out of the restroom jumped on the big table we had in that class(it was like a big U wrap around desk for the whole class) and kicked a pile of books and homework sending papers and books flying everywhere and danced on that over sized desk. Obviously I got in a lot of trouble and I got in school suspension for it but thats when my hometown started calling me greenman and to this day people ask me if I still have the suit (I do) but I just laugh and say nah I'm too old for that. That day was GreenMan becoming more than just a story in my town. I have so many stories and have travelled all over the world with that dumb suit getting into all sorts of trouble but always having fun.

The 0352 part is just my MOS code.

CZp10
Banned

Post by CZp10 »

Well, mine is extremely complicated, I am sure no one could figure it out.
I have a CZ P-10c. See, you never would have guessed it. ;-)

Interestingly enough, I let my wife pick whichever mid sized gun she wanted, at first the Glock 19 was her favorite of all the ones she tried. Then she started comparing that to my P-10c, and she insisted on getting one for herself. I said we don't really need two of the same gun, and she asked, "Will you let me cerakote yours whatever color I want and give it a name?" So we ended up with two.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Sorry can't remember if I have posted to this thread before, if I have please forgive my duplication.

Back when our Fire Dept. Decided to start sending guys to Paramedic School I became interested in going, I was a Senior Driver at the time and was told with my seniority in the department if I signed up I would be sent! Paramedic School at that time was a 1 year course, that for one year you would eat, sleep, breath Paramedic school, my fire dept schedule was typically 24/48 24 on 48 off, I worked a second job on my two days off, this made school for me a huge undertaking. So as I mulled wether to go to school, I talked to different people both family and coworkers, kept getting your crazy if you go, and your crazy if you don't (city paid for everything) sooo I took the leap and spent the longest year of my life in Paramedic School, working my shifts at the Fire Dept. and working my day job when not in class, not doing ride outs on ambulances and not doing hospital rotations! Kept getting the comments "your crazy" Sooooo it's CRAZY2MEDIC!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”