What's the Origin of Your User Name?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Crash
Posts in topic: 10

Re: What's the Origin of Your User Name?

Post by Crash »

I was stationed in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia with the Air Force and there were a bunch of us who rode motorcyles out in the sand dunes. I'd never ridden a bike before, so I spent as much time upside down as I did rightside up, ergo "Crash."

Crash

Unocat
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Unocat »

I had a cat with only one eye. One day many years ago, I was trying to come up with a user name and I was staring into the one good eye of that long-haired blue cat... the rest is history.
NRA lifetime member
Combat Veteran
"carthago delenda est"

CaptKirk

Post by CaptKirk »

Star Trek reference. It just so happens that my last name begins with Kirk.

randy634

Post by randy634 »

First name and badge number. Easy to remember.
“More important than your obligation to follow your conscience, or at least prior to it, is your obligation to form your conscience correctly.” – Justice Scalia

GlassG19

Re:

Post by GlassG19 »

Houston1944 wrote:I live in Houston (actually Katy but outside Texas nobody's heard of Katy). I was born during WWII, 1944. When I joined my first forum, the 1911 forum, that was all I could think of.
Me 2, live in Old Katy, anyway, mine is self explanatory & that's all I could think of as well- GLOCK 19 & you know the rest.
:eek6
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

Surgeon

Post by Surgeon »

Mine is a "nickname", given to me by my college golf teammates. No, I'm not a surgeon, just a medical/ pharmaceutical sales guy who thought "Drug Pusher" would be a poor choice for a user name on a CHL board.
The military arsenal we will use to fight a World War IV ..... "stones" - Einstein

loner556

Post by loner556 »

I'm really not a "Loner" but often feel that way when it comes to shooting. It's always hard to get friends who aren't into shooting as much as I am to go with me so I often go alone.

556 is for 5.56x45 NATO.

Edited for typo
SA RO Champion 45

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

My kiddos came about a t-shirt with flying fish, steaks, hot dogs, and hamburgers circling around a charcoal grill with the words Daddio's on the Patio. :txflag:
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Mavs00

Post by Mavs00 »

I used to coach a team called the Mavericks (no, not those Mavericks) back in the day, and one day in 2000, I was signing up on usenet BB, aol, or some other such forum precursor and it seemed like a relevant name at the time, so I used it. So I started using it whenever I signed up for stuff requiring a username.

15-16 years later..... I no longer coach that team (or any for that matter) and it surely ain't 2000 anymore, but the name sorta stuck.

PhilBob

Post by PhilBob »

When I was transferred from Chicago to the Dallas area for work my local rep said I needed a "Texas" name. He said everyone has two names in Texas like Billie Joe, Betty Sue, etc., so going by my true name, Phil, Phil Bob is what he came up with and I have used it on a lot of forums as I have found it is a screen name that always seems to be available

fast86gn

Post by fast86gn »

My screen name has nothing to do with guns. I own a 1986 Buick Grand National.

Yes it's fast and no you can't drive it! :fire
Last edited by fast86gn on Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

I've been Hesitant to to post here. I was a lurker for a long time before I joined, unfortunately I didn't really pay that much attention to user names. When I decided to join, I used a user name that I had used on other shooting forums. Unfortunately it turned out to be a combination of two of the moderators here, I won't repost it, but due to that fact, I was kicked off and my first few posts were deleted. So when I rejoined, I wanted everyone to know that it was completely unintended and that it was Just Me. I shortened it to Jusme. No other meanings involved.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Gixxer2k4

Post by Gixxer2k4 »

2004 GSXR motorcycle. Use it in many forums.

Glockedandlocked

Post by Glockedandlocked »

I used to carry a 1911 since I switched to Glock, it's a play on the 1911 cocked n locked mindset.

thestudiokid

Post by thestudiokid »

Years ago, my wife and I ran a media company that had "Studios" in its name. I was much younger then, a-la "kid." I've had the username for years.... plus it cuts down on trying to find username that's not already taken.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”