Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 12

Re: I just bought a new (used) Kahr PM9

Post by The Annoyed Man »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Does anybody have one of these? http://www.pocketholsters.com/Kahr_Arms ... lster.html

I have this one and it does a great job of hiding the outline of the gun. It looks like a wallet in my pocket and costs less money. I have had it for three years and it works great.

http://www.kahr.com/PM40-Holsters/Kahr- ... Series.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That does look nice, but they don't seem to offer a left handed version, and it doesn't look ambidextrous.
Yes, it is abidextrous. The flat flap is attached by velcro so can be put on either side of the holster and can also be moved higher or lower for the best concealment.
Cool!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

The K5 kydex pocket holster from Fist is much thinner than leather, and the thumb ledge makes for positive separation of the gun from the holster while still in the pocket with no struggling, catching, etc.

It's my favorite for this application.

The photos in the link do a good job of showing just how thin it is. It completely conceals the profile of the gun and is very comfortable to carry. It is also completely impervious to sweat and requires no break in.

The price is reasonable too at only $6.00 more than the leather one under discussion.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

SecedeTX wrote:Also, upgrade to the stainless steel guide rod ($40) for a wee bit more peace of mind.
My gun already appears to have a SS guide rod. I don't know if it came in the gun or if the previous owner upgraded it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
SecedeTX wrote:Also, upgrade to the stainless steel guide rod ($40) for a wee bit more peace of mind.
My gun already appears to have a SS guide rod. I don't know if it came in the gun or if the previous owner upgraded it.
PM series guns have always had SS recoil spring assembles as far as I know. And, they are only $24 if you have a problem with one.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Also, they have just introduced a CM9 model. Same frame as the PM9, but MIM slide stop, standard rifled barrel, less machining on the slide, only one 6 round mag, and pinned front sight to name most of the differences. I am sure it will be a seller at over $200 cheaper MSRP http://www.kahr.com/PDF/CM9093r2.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & https://www.kahr.com/Pistols/Kahr-CM9.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Well, I went to DPC and ran 100 rounds through my PM9 this afternoon. I really like this gun! It operated without any failures, and it was fairly accurate for such a short little pistol. I shot it both one handed and two handed. My seat of the pants impression of the recoil impulse was that it was no worse than shooting my 3" Kimber—a heavier and more powerful gun.

I was very favorably impressed with my purchase, and I will likely start carrying it.

#TINVOWOOT

hangfour
Posts in topic: 1

Post by hangfour »

Congrats! I am quite fond of my PM9.
Ditto ...
There is an afterlife - what we do here matters!
Kahr pm9 (mama-bear)
Kimber pro CDP II (papa-bear)
S&W 38 special airweight (baby-bear)

Mike from Texas

Post by Mike from Texas »

Greybeard wrote:Looooong but smoooooth trigger pull and long trigger reset, very similar to old S&W revolvers. Be advised tho that if not in a very snug carrier, top cartridge in spare magazines can have a nasty habit of creeping forward.
Yes they do. I've been sitting in a meeting and had the rounds pop out of the mag in my pocket. :shock:

Luckily no one else was the wiser. :cool:
A few Glocks, a few Kahrs, Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm, Dan Wesson CBOB 45ACP, Springer Champion Operator

****************************************************************************************************

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Mike from Texas wrote:
Greybeard wrote:Looooong but smoooooth trigger pull and long trigger reset, very similar to old S&W revolvers. Be advised tho that if not in a very snug carrier, top cartridge in spare magazines can have a nasty habit of creeping forward.
Yes they do. I've been sitting in a meeting and had the rounds pop out of the mag in my pocket. :shock:

Luckily no one else was the wiser. :cool:
Make that a plus one! I have had the same issue. Kahr told me to keep one less round in the magazine than full and the angle of the top round would change so it doesn't creep forward!!! I was stunned they told me this was a solution. My response was "so basicly your telling me your six round magazine is acually a five rounder?". This same anomaly is also the reason they recommend using the slide stop to load the first round. Sure enough, when I took one round out I could load the first round by pulling the slide back and letting it go. Check it out when ya'll get a chance. It is true. The top round takes on a different angle when the magazine is fully loaded than it does when it is one round shy.

BTW... Kahr just released a 7 round magazine for their P380. I ordered two of them but have yet to give them a go at the range. It is basicly a magazine with a built in extension. It actually makes holding the grip easier. My pinky doesn't ride below the magazine with the extended mags.

Capt Jeff

Post by Capt Jeff »

Wow, I've had that same problem with the spare mag for my CW9. Maybe will try downloading it by one round. Thanks for the heads up :patriot:
NRA Life (Patronage) Member

US Merchant Marine - The Fourth Arm of Defense

Mike from Texas

Post by Mike from Texas »

Just got in my PM9's little brother. Leaps and bounds better than the P3AT that it replaced. Stainless steel, real Trijicon night sights, a functioning slide catch, slide locks back on last round, and butter smooth trigger.

A few Glocks, a few Kahrs, Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm, Dan Wesson CBOB 45ACP, Springer Champion Operator

****************************************************************************************************

rentz

Post by rentz »

I've enjoyed my Pm9 except it has a nasty habit of failing to feed every so often at the range.
maybe 1-2 out of 100 rounds regardless of ammo brand or which magazine I use, I'm going to look into the follower fix which i believe also allows you to load the chamber by racking the slide back

great thing is I can throw this in a little pocket holster and head out dressed for the summer heat.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Capt Jeff wrote:Wow, I've had that same problem with the spare mag for my CW9. Maybe will try downloading it by one round. Thanks for the heads up :patriot:
I've ordered a fix for that problem from Kahr Arms—a magazine holder, which another poster in this thread suggested as the cure. With the magazine stuffed into the holder, base upwards, that top round can't move or go anywhere. End of problem.

#TINVOWOOT

atxtj

Post by atxtj »

I've been thinking about a mag pouch as well (for the same reason mentioned), but I'd prefer an iwb mag carrier. Any thoughts on a manufacture on a quality piece?

AEA

Post by AEA »

Keith B wrote:Also, they have just introduced a CM9 model. Same frame as the PM9, but MIM slide stop, standard rifled barrel, less machining on the slide, only one 6 round mag, and pinned front sight to name most of the differences. I am sure it will be a seller at over $200 cheaper MSRP http://www.kahr.com/PDF/CM9093r2.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & https://www.kahr.com/Pistols/Kahr-CM9.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gunsamerica is showing actual retail by most sellers, the CM9 at around 100.00-150.00 less than the PM9.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”