Kel-tec Warranty - Original Owner Only

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Kel-tec Warranty - Original Owner Only

Post by Jumping Frog »

Kel-tec has always offered a lifetime warranty. They treated every gun as under warranty regardless if it was the original owner or the gun was re-sold.

Now they have announced a policy change saying they will only honor the warranty for the original purchaser. Announcement here: http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/warra ... sibilities" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone considering purchasing a Kel-tec and trying to decide between new and used should, at minimum, be aware of the policy.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

longtooth

Re: Kel-tec Warranty - Original Owner Only

Post by longtooth »

Yeppers you are right. Original owner only
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 2farnorth »

Actually the only change is now they are going to enforce the original policy. The written policy has been only for the original owner but they were very loose on enforcing it. Save your sales slips and make copies of it now.
N5PNZ

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

2farnorth wrote:Actually the only change is now they are going to enforce the original policy. The written policy has been only for the original owner but they were very loose on enforcing it. Save your sales slips and make copies of it now.

exactly!

KT has NOT changed their written warranty. The only "change" is that they are going to enforce it a bit more. Actually, word has it that even if you aren't the "originial purchaser" but you have personally sent that particular item back to them for repair (prior to the stricter warranty enforcement policy), they will still give you the same service as if you were the original purchaser.

Still among the best warranty/service of the firearms industry.

Admittedly, I am down from five to only one KT firearm (mrs surv's P32), I still have a true fondness for George Kelgren's innovations.

surv
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

v-rog

Post by v-rog »

Let's hope that S & W doesn't adopt such a policy.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

michael e

Post by michael e »

All SW has ever asked me was if I was the original owner, never asked for any proof of it.

Mike from Texas

Post by Mike from Texas »

I've never understood that type of policy. You are warrantying your product, not the owner.

And not that I am advocating lying but how would they know if you are the original owner or not?
A few Glocks, a few Kahrs, Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm, Dan Wesson CBOB 45ACP, Springer Champion Operator

****************************************************************************************************

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

Mike from Texas wrote:I've never understood that type of policy. You are warrantying your product, not the owner.

And not that I am advocating lying but how would they know if you are the original owner or not?
Technically they require a copy of the purchase receipt. They are "grandfathering" a lot of guns though. Especially if the current owner has all ready had warranty work done.
N5PNZ

Mike from Texas

Post by Mike from Texas »

2farnorth wrote:
Mike from Texas wrote:I've never understood that type of policy. You are warrantying your product, not the owner.

Technically they require a copy of the purchase receipt. They are "grandfathering" a lot of guns though. Especially if the current owner has all ready had warranty work done.
Didn't think bout that. :oops:

But I rarely keep receipts for anything. Just wonder if they would still honor the warranty if I didn't have a receipt? I just went through this discussion with another manufacturer. It was an $8 part. They wanted a receipt, I didn't keep one. In the end just decided it wasn't worth the hassle. I just don't think it's too much to ask for someone to stand behind their product.
A few Glocks, a few Kahrs, Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm, Dan Wesson CBOB 45ACP, Springer Champion Operator

****************************************************************************************************

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

This is why I do not send in my warranty cards any longer, I will only send them in if I do experience a problem that requires factory repairs. This way if I sell a gun to another party I can explain that to them and they can use the warranty with no issues.
Salty1

raptor

Post by raptor »

I agree. What if cars lose any remaining warranty when they're sold?
The Raptor
is coming
May 21st

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”