Any Alessi holster owners?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
stroguy
Posts in topic: 4

Any Alessi holster owners?

Post by stroguy »

On my third month waiting. I know and knew when I ordered they have an ultra-slow reputation. Inquired 30 days ago and got a form email in return. Emailed again Monday and got the same form email back again.

Any stories of your wait for an Alessi?

Randy

Topic author
stroguy

Re: Any Alessi holster owners?

Post by stroguy »

Thank you. I am expecting something special for the wait.

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Chemist45 »

I have several Alessi holsters. They are great. In fact, they are the first CCW holsters I bought so I cannot compare them to other makers.
(Unless you count the odd Uncle Mike's holster which is not even close to comparable.)

I used to live in Buffalo, NY where Lou Alessi had his shop. It was on my way home from work. I spent hours visiting with him on the days when he was there.
He was a great guy to talk to - full of stories and extremely pro-gun. I think I got in good with him when I pointed to a dual holster rig hanging on the wall and asked him, "Is that a double Alessi shoulder rig?" He smiled and said Yup! I asked if it was set up for a pair of Detonic's scoremasters and he told me it was.
For those who don't know, Jerry Ahern wrote a series of novels about a survivalist and the main character wore a double Alessi shoulder rig and carried Detonics scoremasters.
I found out then that Lou and Jerry were friends from way back.

Lou was generous too. He supported the local charities including the Boy Scouts. He offered to let Mrs. Chemist and I attend the Shot Show as Alessi employees. I'd have to pay our way, but he would get us in as exhibitors. I still kick myself for not taking him up on that.
Lou was also generous in handing out gift certificates to the local FONRA dinners and other sportsmen events. That's how I happened to be able to afford several of his holsters. I never thought the wait was excessive, but then I stopped by on a regular basis and was probably given special treatment as a result.

I remember he hated to make belts. He warned me that if I ever ordered a belt from him I would wait a very long time for it.
Just before leaving NY for Texas, I won another gift certificate. I ordered a belt. :-) I was just feeling curmudgeonly. Sadly, Lou died before I ever got my belt. His successor (I believe his daughter) generously converted the belt order to a holster for Mrs. Chemist.

When you get your holster it will be hand fitted to the model of gun you ordered. The gun will slide in and out and will have positive retention with no adjustment needed.
It will be worth the wait.
Last edited by Chemist45 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
stroguy

Post by stroguy »

Great stories. Thanks. Now I want it worsenerest than before.

Toorop

Post by Toorop »

I bought all of my Alessi holsters on Ebay. There are occasionally some good deals there.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Alessi Bodyguard. Now passed on to the 2nd generation.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
stroguy

Post by stroguy »

I am now at 4 months+. Sent a kind of scathing email and finally got a response other than their form letter. Email said it was going to shipping the next day. That was 8 days ago. It's a $75 holster not a golden panda bear. I now find this a bit extreme for even the Alessi reputation.

hirundo82

Post by hirundo82 »

4 months isn't unusual for custom holster makers. I don't have any Alessi leather, but I have a couple Mitch Rosen holsters and that was about how long I waited.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”