Posts in topic: 2

Gunman threatening diners is shot by officer

Post by Paladin »

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mp ... an/3232388

"June 19, 2005, 10:59PM

Gunman threatening diners is shot by officer
By MIKE GLENN
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

A Houston police officer shot a man who tried to open fire on some patrons inside a restaurant in southwest Houston early Sunday.

Ngoc Van Nghiem, 31, was carrying a Tec-9 pistol about 2:45 a.m. when he walked into the East Ocean restaurant in the 10800 block of Bellaire, police said. Nghiem moved toward a group of people sitting at a table, pointed the weapon at them and apparently tried to fire, but the semiautomatic 9 mm pistol jammed, police said.

Officer J.M. Garris, working part-time security there, fired when Nghiem cleared the weapon and again took aim at the people, detectives said. When Nghiem turned toward Garris and aimed at him, the officer fired a second time, police said. Nghiem was taken to Ben Taub General Hospital, where he was in critical condition."
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

dolanp
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dolanp »

Makes me wonder how it would get reported if it was a citizen with a CHL instead of an officer.
Springfield XD 9mm Service

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

In the New York Times it would read:

"Vietnamese Immigrant Blown Away by Texan Gun Nut."
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Baytown

Post by Baytown »

The only problem is the thug went to Ben Taub instead of Earthman's.

Glenn
Winners never quit, and quitters never win; but, if you never win, and never quit, you're a moron.

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Can't these thugs ever use a PC gun?

Baytown

Post by Baytown »

This is a fine example of why the AWB was such a joke. If criminals are going to have guns, I would prefer them to have a TEC-9. This goes to show what a huge POS these things are.

Glenn
Winners never quit, and quitters never win; but, if you never win, and never quit, you're a moron.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Baytown wrote:If criminals are going to have guns, I would prefer them to have a TEC-9. This goes to show what a huge POS these things are.
This reminds me of the "Saturday Night Special" garbage the media and anti-gunners were preaching not too many years ago. News reports talked about how these cheap guns were so unreliable that "good" people wouldn't want or need them, thus there was no reason for them to be produced. Well, guess what; the street "folks" listened and started carrying much better guns. Thanks a lot ABC news!

Like I teach in my classes, my first prayer (literally) is that I never have to use a firearm in self-defense. The second prayer is that, if the first isn't answered the way I want, then let the would-be murder be armed with a cheap .25 ACP, let him be holding it sideways about 18" inches above his head pointing downward. I think I know how that battle will come out.

Regards,
Chas.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Baytown wrote:If criminals are going to have guns, I would prefer them to have a TEC-9. This goes to show what a huge POS these things are.
Well, guess what; the street "folks" listened and started carrying much better guns. Thanks a lot ABC news!
See, reverse psychology really works doesn't it... :wink:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

XD_Dan

Post by XD_Dan »

Does anyone here have (or know someone who has) a reliable Tec-9?

Every one that I've seen is a POS. I was at the range about a month or so ago, and there was a dude about 2 or 3 lanes down with a Tec-9. He couldn't get off more than about 5 rounds without having to clear a malfunction of some sort.

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

I saw one guy in S. Houston who had a TEC-9 that seemed to function okay.

Thing looked like junk to me.

Of course he relied on his mossberg for personal protection...
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

wrt45

Post by wrt45 »

XD_Dan wrote:Does anyone here have (or know someone who has) a reliable Tec-9?

Every one that I've seen is a POS. I was at the range about a month or so ago, and there was a dude about 2 or 3 lanes down with a Tec-9. He couldn't get off more than about 5 rounds without having to clear a malfunction of some sort.

My son and I bought one NIB a few years ago. Yeah, stupid...I know......but we thought our collection needed one. I'd rank its reliability right up there with a Raven or a Jennings. It won't fire more than 50 to 100 rds before breaking a stricker. The carrier is made so poorly that it will never feed reliably.

The only thing its good at is filling up one corner of the shelf it sits on.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”