What should I do?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
misterholt
Posts in topic: 2

What should I do?

Post by misterholt »

I recently bought a Springfield Armory XD 9mm Full Size and I am in a dilemma. Do I save for a S&W M&P AR 15 Sport or do I buy a S&W bodyguard .380? Upcoming elections are sure to drive gun prices up too high and I'll have enough to buy either before November. Help me out.
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." Matt 5:9

ajwakeboarder
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What should I do?

Post by ajwakeboarder »

I'd go for the AR. I don't foresee anyone trying to ban a .380 anytime soon.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

AR.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

AR because a pistol is just a pistol, a rifle is a weapon!
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

apostate

Post by apostate »

It's totally up to you but I would suggest it depends on your budget and why you're buying.

I believe AR prices are likely to continue to climb as we approach the election. Afterward, it depends who loses. On the other hand, demand for pocket .380s is steady, or perhaps declining, so prices shouldn't increase much if any. You're also more likely to find a gently used .380 that someone replaced with a pocket 9mm.

This is not investment advice and past performance is no guarantee of future results. ;-)

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Don't buy a gun, guns are dangerous
"rlol"
Buy high capacity magazines, they are cheaper than guns; if you are lucky and people start panicking, they increase in price when they are about to be banned, you sell as many as you don't need and buy whatever gun you want with the profits.
:evil2:
Example- Glock 17 ... you can easily find 10 round mags for them later... and Glock 17s are still selling in States with 10-round limits with the crippled capacity mags
Invest in Mags they'll ban; sell mags just before transfer is outlawed, and profit enough to win a free Glock 17 ...
And, if they don't ban the mags, you have plenty for the end of the Mayan Calendar or whatever

When I was young long long ago, I used to own a LOT of 20/30/40/50 round SKS/AK/Mini-30 mags ... sold them ... didn't want them sittin' around rusting when people were paying double what I got them for ;-)

Wanna Bet certain Democrats don't do investments similarly based on potential legislation?

Just Kidding ... sorta.

I'd hold off on the .380 and buy what will increase in price later/what you can use even if there's no increase/what you might not can get some day/what you want.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

By the AR. A pistol is for fighting your way back to the long gun you never should have put down.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Texas Dan Mosby

Post by Texas Dan Mosby »

AR....
88 day wait for the state to approve my constitutional right to bear arms...

Post by 77346 »

I do like the BG380, that's my EDC... however, if in your shoes, I would save for the AR.
Alex
NRA Benefactor Life & TSRA Life Member
Bay Area Shooting Club Member
CHL since 7/12 | 28 days mailbox-to-mailbox

stealthfightrf17

Post by stealthfightrf17 »

AR, then if you have extra money you can buy me on to- just kidding, unless you really want to buy me one "rlol"

jgallego

Post by jgallego »

Buy the AR.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

I vote with the consensus: go for the carbine. IMHO, everyone should have at least one service-sized handgun, one carbine, and one defensive shotgun. Three different tools for three different jobs. Augment and add new tools from there. :mrgreen:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

The Annoyed Man wrote:By the AR. A pistol is for fighting your way back to the long gun you never should have put down.
:iagree:

Bummer. This gave me an idea for a poll, but alas, I don't have that ability.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jeremae

Post by Jeremae »

AR next is good advice. I strongly suggest you purchase one of the 22lr conversions at the same time. It will allow a lot more practice for less money, makes a great platform for teaching new shooters and gives you an effective small game gun as well. I love my CMMG conversion and have put hundreds if not thousands of 22lr downrange for every 223 I have fired.

Another alternative wouuld be a 22lr pistol that is a close as possible to the current pistol for same reasons.
Reasonable gun control is hitting your target with the first shot.

Topic author
misterholt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by misterholt »

Thanks for the imput everyone. Think I'll go with the general concensus and get an AR. :txflag:
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." Matt 5:9

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”