Anybody know what this is?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
BigGuy
Posts in topic: 3

Anybody know what this is?

Post by BigGuy »

Saw it posted on a biker forum, but wan't identified.

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anybody know what this is?

Post by flechero »

looks like a .410 derringer

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPB »

Guessing:
[youtube][/youtube]
Cobray or
Leinad
DD Double Barrel Derringer 45/410 Side By Side Pistol Shotgun. 3" Magnum!
http://www.gunsamerica.com/973779144/Gu ... _Magnu.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Leinad videos
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... 9UhvfsaMI0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cobray videos
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... YyHbk9EkmM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

COBRAY
Model FMJ DD, FMJ DD11, FMJ DD5Revolver(pepper box)
OWNED BY :
Leinad Inc.

P.O. Box 579
Ducktown, TN 37326
Main 1-800-642-1600
423-496-7060

Searched: side by side 410 pistol
https://www.google.com/search?q=side+by ... 19&bih=594" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

American Derringer and Bond Arms make Over/Under in Texas

http://bondarms.com/bond-arms-guns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and
http://www.amderringer.com/guns.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Topic author
BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

Thanks guys. That was quick. A co-worker of mine want's a double barrel shotgun for home defense. I'm wondering how this might work out.

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

home defense with a Bond Arms snakeslayer/american derringer.(3" shell odels) cobray .410 with 2 round capacity?

Those derringers are good for snakes or carjacking defense or certain situations when confronted by a single varmit/attacker at your car door but home invasion?
IMHO, 2 rounds against 3 home invaders is not a home defense gun

I'd rather a XD45, original magazine 13 round, add a Pearce grip for a 15 round mag +1chambered = 16 rounds of expanding .45 ACP, add a flashlight and green laser dot on the rail and sights yu can see inside the house at night/low light... you got a home defense gun which should entertain the intruders on your way to getting a shotgun or rifle which holds more than 2 shells.

2 rounds does not provide enough entertainment for your guests.
How many R.S.V.P.'d ?

just my opinion.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Jeremae

Post by Jeremae »

The shotgun pistols like the Bond Derringer and Taurus judge are still handguns and therefore are primarily intended to be carried on person to provide immediate response to surprise attack. In order to keep size and weight down, limits on ammo size and capacity are incurred.

Home defense tools have different tasks and restrictions. More effective ammo (larger faster) is called for and a larger number of rounds is always better. In addition who may need to use the weapon affects the choice of tool.

A shotgun as the bump in the night grab gun is a stereotype because for longer than any of us have been it was the most effect bang for the buck. It balenced power and capacity and was affordable/available. If you friend likes the coach gun then he might be better served with one of the Stoeger sxs or baikal uo. If the household includes members that fight in lower weight class maybe a 20shotgun gauge is a better choice. I believe they cost about the same as one of the pistols. A step up to good economy pump like a rem 870 gives same effective ammo and hold more rounds.

I personally keep an ar15. It is as light/short as I could get with a light mounted on it and loaded with 55gr varmint round to minimize over penetration. Everyone from my youngest daughter can use it at need.

Whatever gun iis chosen, everyone in house should be able to use it and practice with it occasionally.
Reasonable gun control is hitting your target with the first shot.

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

BigGuy wrote:Thanks guys. That was quick. A co-worker of mine want's a double barrel shotgun for home defense. I'm wondering how this might work out.
This is a derringer. It won't be nearly as effective as a shotgun.

Any reason he wants a double barrel shotgun over a pump or semi?
TANSTAAFL

Topic author
BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

74novaman wrote: Any reason he wants a double barrel shotgun over a pump or semi?
Strictly an aesthetic thing. He'll also have his EDC readily available. Currently that is a Ruger LCP, but he's also looking to move up to a sub-compact 9mm on that.

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

BigGuy wrote:
74novaman wrote: Any reason he wants a double barrel shotgun over a pump or semi?
Strictly an aesthetic thing. He'll also have his EDC readily available. Currently that is a Ruger LCP, but he's also looking to move up to a sub-compact 9mm on that.
No offense to your friend, but if we're talking about self defense, aesthetics should be the very last thing on the list.

I know most of us will never have to defend ourselves either in our homes or outside of it, but I'd heavily try to sway him towards pump/semi if he's looking at a home defense shotgun. Most of the time capacity with a shotgun probably won't matter, but when it does matter...it REALLY matters.

Edit: Of course, this is all my .02. You can defend yourself handily with a double barrel shotgun. But unless he's getting one for disability/familiarity reasons, I don't see any advantages over a higher capacity design.
TANSTAAFL

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

AndyC wrote:It's a... it's a.... it's a small, off-duty, Czechoslovakian traffic warden.
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

BigGuy wrote:
I keep picturing Eddie Murphy in Harlem Nights when he finds that little tiny gun under the pillow. "It's so cute" is what the BG will say. "Hey. That thing is pretty cool looking. What is that." NOT!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

AndyC wrote:It's a... it's a.... it's a small, off-duty, Czechoslovakian traffic warden.
I must be an eejit.....I don't get the joke. :???:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
I must be an eejit.....I don't get the joke. :???:
Possibly this?
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”