gigag04
Posts in topic: 4

New Larue Stance

Post by gigag04 »

Just got this e-mail from Mark -
NEWS RELEASE:
02/08/2012 LEANDER, TX.

Updated Policy for State and Local Agency Law Enforcement Sales:

Due to the recent and numerous new Anti-gun/Anti-2nd Amendment laws passed and/or pending across our country, LaRue Tactical has been forced to reconsider how we provide products to state and local agencies.

Effective today, in an effort to see that no legal mistakes are made by LaRue Tactical and/or its employees, we will apply all current State and Local Laws (as applied to civilians) to state and local law enforcement / government agencies. In other words, LaRue Tactical will limit all sales to what law-abiding citizens residing in their districts can purchase or possess.

State and local laws have always been a serious focus of this firm, and we are now dovetailing that focus with the constitutional rights of the residents covered in their different areas by the old and new regulations.

We realize this effort will have an impact on this firm's sales - and have decided the lost sales are less danger to this firm than potential lawsuits from erroneous shipments generated by something as simple as human error.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Mark LaRue
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

glbedd53
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New Larue Stance

Post by glbedd53 »

My new hero.

brainman
Posts in topic: 3

Post by brainman »

You beat me to it, Gig. I just saw the same email. If I could afford a LaRue rifle, I'd go buy one right now. I hope every gun manufacturer does this.

AEA

Post by AEA »

So does that letter mean no more Select Fire to LEO Agency's? Or....does it mean more Select Fire to us guys?

In either case, I guess if the law drops our mags to 10 rounds, it means Larue will not ship 30's to LEO Agency's anymore.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Topic author
gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

While I approve of the e-mail, when I saw it in the inbox, I was really hoping it was going to be a shipping notification of one of the many backorders I have open with them.

And AEA - I think it is a state by state thing right now. Meaning NYPD can only get fixed stocks, 10rd mags etc.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

brainman

Post by brainman »

Though I did just see on their facebook page that they are not applying this rule to federal agencies. I really don't like that part.

Topic author
gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

brainman wrote:Though I did just see on their facebook page that they are not applying this rule to federal agencies. I really don't like that part.
Fed agencies haven't really limited us (yet)

brainman

Post by brainman »

gigag04 wrote: Fed agencies haven't really limited us (yet)
Excellent point.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

Unless I misunderstand, they are saying that they will not arm the police any better than the civilians. Do I have that right?

I guess that means that LEOs will not be able to get SBRs or select fire rifles without a tax stamp. That shouldn't be too hard to get for a LEO, though, right? I mean, it is for department use after all.

GigAg04, do you know what that means for your order?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

MasterOfNone

Post by MasterOfNone »

Now, if they went one step further and limited their government sales based on pending legislation, we might see some of these bills disappear so they're not hanging over our heads.
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

Moby

Post by Moby »

AWESOME!!!!!!
Be without fear in the face of your enemies.
Stand brave and upright that the Lord may love thee.
Speak the truth always even if it means your death.
Protect the helpless and do no wrong!

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

gigag04 wrote:While I approve of the e-mail, when I saw it in the inbox, I was really hoping it was going to be a shipping notification of one of the many backorders I have open with them.

And AEA - I think it is a state by state thing right now. Meaning NYPD can only get fixed stocks, 7rd mags etc.
Fixed it for ya :tiphat:
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Topic author
gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

C-dub wrote:Unless I misunderstand, they are saying that they will not arm the police any better than the civilians. Do I have that right?

I guess that means that LEOs will not be able to get SBRs or select fire rifles without a tax stamp. That shouldn't be too hard to get for a LEO, though, right? I mean, it is for department use after all.

Shouldn't mean anything - Texas isn't proposing any stupid laws like NY, CA, CT, NJ, etc etc. Or for any non-leos in TX either as I read it.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

gigag04 wrote:
C-dub wrote:Unless I misunderstand, they are saying that they will not arm the police any better than the civilians. Do I have that right?

Shouldn't mean anything - Texas isn't proposing any stupid laws like NY, CA, CT, NJ, etc etc. Or for any non-leos in TX either as I read it.
I guess that means you didn't order anything with select fire. Could you have even done that or does something like that have to be department issued?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

atxtj

Post by atxtj »

I love it. What's good for the goose... :rules:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”