banshee

Re: Links for gun safe info in the works

Post by banshee »

got a liberty, did not there was such a vast amount of choices

SunKing
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SunKing »

I recently purchased a gun safe from Steelwater. After doing a lot of research and comparing different companies/safes/materials, I decided on the 22 gun with TWO HOUR fire protection: http://www.steelwatergunsafes.com/index ... &Itemid=30.

For the price, it had the best fire protection and thickest guage steel. It was delivered on time, and I'm very happy with it.
3rd generation Houstonian.
NRA life member.
TSRA member.

sdmahoney

Re: Re:

Post by sdmahoney »

Sangiovese wrote:
govnor wrote:I met these guys at the Fort Worth gun show this weekend. http://www.agunsafe.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The salesman I met, Bill, was really nice. They only represent two companies, but I like the fact that deliver for around $100 in the metroplex. Another cool thing is that they will move your safe to another house for about $200.

I haven't done business with these guys, but thought I'd put it out as an option. One thing I would advise is to go to a gun show and look for the "gun show special" on the safe you want. The guy I talked to said they would most likely honor that price later on, but write down how much it was so you can remind them...
The guys from agunsafe just installed my safe today :)

From the time I walked through their door asking questions all the way until they were walking out of my door after the installation I was very impressed with how friendly, knowledgeable, and professional they were. Took plenty of time to answer our questions and never pressured us at all.

We got a Champion Triumph model at a good price. Here's a link to the specs - http://www.championsafe.com/triumph.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a pic of the new bedroom furniture :)

http://www.xdtalk.com/gallery/showphoto ... ig&cat=575" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these guys for purchase/installation.

I got an Amsec from The Safe Company (agunsafe.com) delivered and installed for around $1000 earlier this year. They did a great job, and I would have no problem buying from them again. They did seem kind of surprised that I wanted a manual dial rather than an electronic, but they swapped it out for me with no hassles. I decided on the Amsec because of the steel plate on the door rather than just formed thin sheet metal. It seemed like the best bang for the buck, and it fit perfectly in a cubby basically rendering access to the back and sides impossible without some demolition.

bjackso

Post by bjackso »

Great info... :tiphat:

TBJK

Post by TBJK »

Here is another, the construction seems to be excellent. 3/16" on a small handgun safe is almost unheard of. I have no dealings with them yet but intend to for my bedside storage. Also I think they are in the San Antonio area but can't be sure.
http://fas1safe.com/main.sc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BAW1967

Post by BAW1967 »

RCP wrote:
rentz wrote:
AFAmmo wrote:
Ace_Inthe_O wrote:Does anyone have any experience with the Winchester line of gun safes? They are made by granite safes right here in Ft. Worth.
I bought one about three years ago. The first time that it broke was about three months after I bought it. The locksmith pretty much destroyed it getting it open, and Granite replaced the safe free of charge. The lock on my replacement safe just broke. I called Granite again and they told me that since it is now out of warrenty, I'm on my own.
:banghead:
was it a securam e-lock? the cheaper lines all have those and im leery of them,
I bought a Winchester safe this year and am happy with my purchase. Mine came with a LaGard lock, it is an electronic but it is not plastic and it comes with a 2 year warranty on the lock itself for 2 years from the date of purchase. For an additional $75 I was able to purchase an extra 9 years worth of warranty on the lock. I'm ok with 11 years of warranty on the lock and a lifetime warranty on the safe itself. I compared it to similar priced Cannons and the Winchester wins hands down as far as build quality, features, and warranty.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
Looks just like mine I got at Tractor Supply Company for $699.99 Saturday.

smokejensen

Post by smokejensen »

My wife found this little jewel. It's a single pistol safe that can be mounted in any position or taken with you on the road.
They have three models right now with RFID, RFID/BIO (fingerprint), or RFID/BIO + GPS tracking in the event of theft.
I these safes will be a big hit.
http://www.thegunbox.com/order.php
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

JackMKessler

Post by JackMKessler »

Don't forget to check some reviews before buying a Gun Safe. :???:

Dad24GreatKids

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

pmacelad wrote:Anyone have any experience using this from V-Line. I've searched the forum and this thread and found nothing.

http://www.vlineind.com/html/top_draw.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks,

Dale
Pearland, tX
That link doesn't work. Try this one: http://vlineind.com/Default.php or http://vlineind.com/ProductDetail.php?product_id=27
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Patriot Safe needs to be removed from the list. It's my understanding is that they have gone out of business and took a lot of customers' money in the process. I also saw a posting with links on a safe review site that the owner was a registered sex offender. You don't exactly want a felon making your safe.

bagman45
Banned

Bolting Safe Down on a Post-Tension Foundation??

Post by bagman45 »

Hey all, does anyone have their safe bolted down on a post-tension foundation (slab) common here in North Texas? If so, what precautions did you or the installer take to make sure that a cable didn't get damaged/snapped during the drilling process?? A friend of mine has finally listened to my whining that he needs a safe to secure his guns, but the safe would need to be installed on the first floor of his home with a post-tension slab.

If you've had it done, any references to a reputable installer would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pawpaw »

I watched and photographed my house being built from the time they scraped the ground until I took possession. Then I had my safe delivered and bolted down.

The cables in my foundation are far deeper than they had to drill to set those anchors.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Aveenb

Post by Aveenb »

I read many reviews of gun safes, ended up with the conclusion, Liberty is top of the line.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

The cables in my foundation are far deeper than they had to drill to set those anchors.

How thick is you slab?

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”