Urgent: XDs recall...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

mr surveyor
Posts in topic: 15

Re: Urgent: XDs recall...

Post by mr surveyor »

I'm guessing that the first day's deliveries on 09/03 just went into a big pile (by date received) and they were logged in for repair at random from that pile. Probably the same for each day's receipts, or possibly they even let 2-3 days worth pile up before randomly processing from the batch.

I bet you'll see a change in status pretty soon.
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

my status went to "Your Gun has been sent back to you" sometime tonight (Monday night)

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Excaliber »

Teamless wrote:Status shows "your gun has been received" still.
What is the link for checking the gun's status?
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 17

Post by RogueUSMC »

same place you used to 'get started'...just enter like you are checking to see if you need to send it back...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Excaliber »

RogueUSMC wrote:same place you used to 'get started'...just enter like you are checking to see if you need to send it back...
Thanks!

It would have been nice if they had put that link under FAQ.....
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

ATDM
Posts in topic: 54

Post by ATDM »

Shoot_First wrote: Mine was delivered at 9:58am on Sep 3rd and I think ATDM's and Teamless' also arrived about the same time. Unlike Sookandy, I have not received a return notice from SA. Teamless? ATDM?
Mine was delivered at 9:58 on September 3rd, too. The status has not changed as of yet, but there is a file on my XD-S due to the "slam fire" issue I experienced (you can read about the incident in the following thread: http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=68869" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )

So, SA has been in communication with me regarding this issue, and I expect to receive my XD-S later than other people, whose guns were received by SA on that day.

In addition, Springfield received more than 7,000 guns on that day, and, by the estimates, they are fixing 2,500 per week (hopefully, more than that now, as they hired more people since the estimate was first established). So, even pessimistically speaking, it will take almost 3 weeks to fix the guns they received on September 3rd.

The wait doesn't really bother me, it was SA's initial absence of communication that was the problem, which they have addressed recently. Not the end of the world, but a little disappointing. I am glad they course corrected and set up regular updates.
I cling to my God — Jesus Christ.
I love my wife and kids.
I am proud to be an American and Texan.
And... I cling to my guns.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 30

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ATDM wrote: The status has not changed as of yet, but there is a file on my XD-S due to the "slam fire" issue I experienced (you can read about the incident in the following thread: http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=68869" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )
Praise the Lord it wasn't a water bed.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Sangiovese
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Sangiovese »

Hooray... I got my shipping notice today. My little peashooter is on its way home :)
NRA Endowment Member. Texas LTC Instructor. NRA certified Pistol & Home Firearm Safety Instructor - Range Safety Officer

Any comments about legal matters are general in nature and are not legal advice. Nothing posted on this forum is intended to establish an attorney-client relationship.

ChillMickelson
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ChillMickelson »

ATDM wrote:
Shoot_First wrote: Mine was delivered at 9:58am on Sep 3rd and I think ATDM's and Teamless' also arrived about the same time. Unlike Sookandy, I have not received a return notice from SA. Teamless? ATDM?
Mine was delivered at 9:58 on September 3rd, too. The status has not changed as of yet, but there is a file on my XD-S due to the "slam fire" issue I experienced (you can read about the incident in the following thread: http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=68869" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )

So, SA has been in communication with me regarding this issue, and I expect to receive my XD-S later than other people, whose guns were received by SA on that day.

In addition, Springfield received more than 7,000 guns on that day, and, by the estimates, they are fixing 2,500 per week (hopefully, more than that now, as they hired more people since the estimate was first established). So, even pessimistically speaking, it will take almost 3 weeks to fix the guns they received on September 3rd.

The wait doesn't really bother me, it was SA's initial absence of communication that was the problem, which they have addressed recently. Not the end of the world, but a little disappointing. I am glad they course corrected and set up regular updates.
I think they owe you a new bed.
EDC: Springfield XDs .45 w/ Minotaur MTAC
NRA Member / TSRA Member
Phat Beats & Bassline Enthusiast
Family Man.

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

just got mine back

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 30

Post by The Annoyed Man »

mr surveyor wrote:just got mine back
How long did it take?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
mr surveyor wrote:just got mine back
How long did it take?
shipped out on Aug 29, delivered to SA the morning of Sept 3, showed as "fixed" last Friday afternoon, and got the shipping notice this Monday.

As has been described many times on other forums (particularly the "XD Forum"), even though I shipped it wrapped in bubble wrap in a plain box mine was returned in a "used" small generic black plastic SA case in addition to the promised 7 round extended mag (with both small and large grip extensions). Nice touch.

I did take a few minutes to handle it a bit before getting back to my work duties. The gun was just as clean as it was when I sent it in after a good cleaning (had less than a couple hundred rounds through it in the two weeks I actually "had possession"). A little dry firing gave me a feel for what to expect with live fire, although having so few rounds through it some seven weeks ago I don't really have a good gauge to compare the "before and after". It does seem to have a tiny bit more slack "take up", but a bit shorter (maybe a tiny bit heavier?) engagement .... with a very nice sharp break. Since I didn't have it long enough to develop a real feel for it, the whole experience with the XDs for me will be new.

Personally, although I've owned quite a few, I'm not a big fan of the "plastic fantastics". This was just one of a very few I had to try, and I do think it will fit a niche for me.

JD

Teamless
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Teamless »

mine still shows "your gun has been received"

grrrrr
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Shoot_First
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Shoot_First »

Talked to SA today and was informed they have 4 status reports on their XDs recall web site at http://springfieldrecall.com/RecallUpdate.asp. Under the Get Started tab, enter your pistols SN. The status are: label provided; firearm received; firearm fixed; and firearm shipped back to you. I suggested they provide this information in tomorrow's update.

ATDM
Posts in topic: 54

Post by ATDM »

Shoot_First wrote:Talked to SA today and was informed they have 4 status reports on their XDs recall web site at http://springfieldrecall.com/RecallUpdate.asp. Under the Get Started tab, enter your pistols SN. The status are: label provided; firearm received; firearm fixed; and firearm shipped back to you. I suggested they provide this information in tomorrow's update.
Thanks, but the statuses for each firearm have been available for over a month now. I think, people know about it, although since it was new info for you, maybe adding it to the update is not a bad idea.

:txflag:
I cling to my God — Jesus Christ.
I love my wife and kids.
I am proud to be an American and Texan.
And... I cling to my guns.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”