Jesse James going into the gun business

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
JMod45
Posts in topic: 1

Jesse James going into the gun business

Post by JMod45 »

Saw an article this morning that I found interesting. Jesse James is starting a firearm company, and his official launch will be in Austin next month. What are you guys thoughts on this? Personally, I've always liked his creativity when building motorcycles, and would like to see what he plans to do with guns.

Link to the article:
http://www.guns.com/2013/10/30/introduc ... g-company/

StewNTexas

Re: Jesse James going into the gun business

Post by StewNTexas »

Well, when you have one of the finest women in America, and treat her like trash, I would hate to think how badly he could screw up a decent 1911.

Mr. Browning may be known as 'whirling John' from the great beyond.
If the 2nd admendment only applies to muskets and muzzle-loaders, then the 1st admentment must apply only to the spoken or printed word. Printing must be done on hand presses, news stories must be written in longhand, no keyboards or electric processes may be used.

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

This will be interesting to watch and see what happens. Just because the bikes he builds bring a premium price because of his name I doubt the same will happen for firearms. The question is what he will actually manufacture himself or will he just buy the various pieces and assemble with some cosmetic differences.
Salty1

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Marketing. Self-promotion. Go back to CA, Jesse.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

I'm not a fan of Jesse James. Neither the original or this one.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

puma guy wrote:I'm not a fan of Jesse James. Neither the original or this one.
At least with the original one you knew what you had. There are enough "gunsmiths" out there hacking up perfectly serviceable firearms and making horrible, high priced, pieces of junk. :tiphat:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Rrash

Post by Rrash »

I'm not a fan of Jesse James, and I agree he has made some very poor decisions, but I do think he is very creative. I'm interested to see what he does if it is innovative. I'm not interested if its just going to be novelty firearms or stupid flame designs. Either way, I'm sure I can't afford them.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Well, just remember his show where perfectly good cars were turned into useless creations designed to do nothing related to driving down the road. Maybe a 1911 conversion to a leaf blower?? :biggrinjester:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Rrash

Post by Rrash »

puma guy wrote:Well, just remember his show where perfectly good cars were turned into useless creations designed to do nothing related to driving down the road. Maybe a 1911 conversion to a leaf blower?? :biggrinjester:
Hopefully its better than these ideas.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

I wish him all the best, but I don't think there are enough people with the budget for custom work to justify starting another small custom gun shop. I'd love to be wrong, though.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Considering my ill concealed feelings for Sandra Bullock, which have nothing to do with anything logical, I harbor nothing but ill will toward someone I perceive as having mistreated her.

Besides, having watched part of his show once, more out of morbid curiosity than anything else, I agree with the remark above, that considering what he does to cars, he is likely to really mangle guns.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Announcing the world's first AR-15 with sissy bars and a springer front end. And 1911's with wide profile Dunlop load rated grips.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

mewalke
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mewalke »

Salty1 wrote:This will be interesting to watch and see what happens. Just because the bikes he builds bring a premium price because of his name I doubt the same will happen for firearms. The question is what he will actually manufacture himself or will he just buy the various pieces and assemble with some cosmetic differences.
"Neve' been done befo'"

His whole goal may be to get another TV gig

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

How about an AR-15 with a 100 round magazine with chain drive? Or a 1911 with a side car to hold extra magazines??? The possibilities are endless. :biggrinjester:
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

mewalke
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mewalke »

baldeagle wrote:How about an AR-15 with a 100 round magazine with chain drive? Or a 1911 with a side car to hold extra magazines??? The possibilities are endless. :biggrinjester:
"rlol"
I bed the chain drive would be 120% more efficient and reliable than DI! And it would look cool!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”