Gun Belt help (amazon)

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gun Belt help (amazon)

Post by cb1000rider »

After buying a legit gun belt, I'll never go back, even when not carrying...

rdcrags

Post by rdcrags »

After buying a legit gun belt, I'll never go back, even when not carrying...
Amen
TX CHL 1997

TDDude

Post by TDDude »

cb1000rider wrote:After buying a legit gun belt, I'll never go back, even when not carrying...
All my belts are gun belts and have been for a long time. Of course, it's a rare day when there's not a pistol hanging off of it.

:patriot: :txflag: :patriot: :txflag: :patriot: :txflag: :patriot: :txflag: :patriot: :txflag: :patriot: :txflag: :patriot: :txflag: :patriot: :txflag:
Ray F.
Luke 22:35-38 "Gear up boys, I gotta go and it's gonna get rough." JC
-- Darrell Royal, former UT football coach - "If worms carried pistols, birds wouldn't eat 'em."

Big Bronze Rim

Post by Big Bronze Rim »

I have a couple of 5.11 leather belts and they have held up well. My favorite belt though is a Wilderness Tactical 5 stitch Original Instructors Belt.

NEB

Post by NEB »

I have two bullhide belts from AG Custom Gun Leather. I need to order another. Not because they have worn out, but because I need another color. :mrgreen: I've been wearing 1 of the 2 I have almost daily for 3 years. GREAT belts.

http://agcustomgunleather.com/store/ou- ... gun-belts/

I don't have stiffiners, and have never found a need for them with these belts. I recommend 7 hole belts at 3/4" spacing as I find it easier to find a comfortable tightness both when carrying IWB and when not carrying IWB. A quality leather belt with break into you just the same way a pair of shoes or a custom holster will.

--NEB

Topic author
jwine
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jwine »

I appreciate all the advice! I ordered a shepherd leather belt with my gift card. I got a black one from them and will still need a brown one so I will definitely use all the suggestions in the future. With a little luck I will need another belt soon if I can lose a couple pounds. :lol:

Topic author
jwine
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jwine »

In case anyone else is in the market, this is the belt I ordered and I am very pleased. Just got it today and have only worn in once so I can't speak on long term durability but at first site it is a great, sturdy belt.

And to anyone wondering if it is actually worth spending the extra money on a gun belt vs. a regular dress belt, it is most definitely a good investment. I just got my CHL in today but I have been carrying around the house for a the past month with just my regular dockers dress belt and boy can I tell a difference. Not only does the gun belt keep the holster/gun from moving at all but it also makes concealing much easier because it keeps everything snug against my body much better.

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jmra »

jwine wrote:
In case anyone else is in the market, this is the belt I ordered and I am very pleased. Just got it today and have only worn in once so I can't speak on long term durability but at first site it is a great, sturdy belt.

And to anyone wondering if it is actually worth spending the extra money on a gun belt vs. a regular dress belt, it is most definitely a good investment. I just got my CHL in today but I have been carrying around the house for a the past month with just my regular dockers dress belt and boy can I tell a difference. Not only does the gun belt keep the holster/gun from moving at all but it also makes concealing much easier because it keeps everything snug against my body much better.
Glad you like it. I have one of their holsters and like it a lot.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Murindo

Post by Murindo »

I've had good luck with thebeltman.com and crossbreedholsters.com

Don't go cheap on a belt or holster. They are the key to comfortable safe carry and will last a life time.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”