What's a good price on a used LCP or LC9?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Texsquatch
Posts in topic: 2

What's a good price on a used LCP or LC9?

Post by Texsquatch »

I checked a few spots online and failed to get a good feel on the true market value, but what would be a good price on a used LCP or LC9? Does anyone have any solid experience with either and is anyone considering selling one?

Wodathunkit
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What's a good price on a used LCP or LC9?

Post by Wodathunkit »

Free? :biggrinjester:
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

jmra

Post by jmra »

If you are a good shopper you can walk out the door with a new LCP for $300. So I wouldn't give more than $225 for a used one. Any accessories would add value of course.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Bud's Guns has them for $299.00 free shipping.

nyj

Post by nyj »

If I were in the market, I'd pay $250 for a used one with extra mags + ammo. No idea on the LC9.

BLG

Post by BLG »

I don't know about the LC9, but I wouldn't charge more than $20.00 to dispose of someone's LCP

CWOOD

Post by CWOOD »

I just paid $250 for a Coyote Special in almost unused condition just 2 weeks ago. It had original box, papers and lock. It is the only LCP that I was really interested in because I am not a fan of the .380 round. As it works out, someone in the family had a need for a VERY concealable handgun at work(alone in a late night fast food business). This is certainly that. And it is a lot better than a sandwich knife.

I was pleased with the deal and the little pistol is pretty neat. Shoots well. I also bought a factory 7-round magazine which is a good addition with the Critical Defense ammo.

I regret the lack of a slide lock back on empty magazine. I also regret the need for a small lever tool to disassemble,

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

CWOOD wrote:I regret the lack of a slide lock back on empty magazine. I also regret the need for a small lever tool to disassemble,
+1 on both. I really like my little Elsie Pea. (It's not the Coyote Special edition though) I've gone to an SR9c as primary EDC, but the LCP is a great little BUG. Occasionally I find it difficult to pack the 9MM, but the little .380 is with me absolutely everywhere legal.
I agree with you about the slide locking back on empty, and I really don't like having to get something that could scratch the finish (or poke a hole in my finger) to pry out the locking pin.

Topic author
Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

For what it is/does, I really want one now. Wish I could have run into that coyote one. I don't have enough time to get into Austin enough to look. I've seen a couple over priced LC9's, but I guess I'll hold out until I find the LCR I want.

... Unless your pal decides they no longer need the piece you bought them. :lol:

CWOOD

Post by CWOOD »

BigGuy wrote:
CWOOD wrote: I really like my little Elsie Pea. I've gone to an SR9c as primary EDC, but the LCP is a great little BUG.
I love your name for it 'Elsie Pea'. My family member's EDC is also SR9c. Great gun but not absolutely concealable.
I think the family member named it 'Wiley'...as in Coyote.
Texsquatch wrote:For what it is/does, I really want one now. Wish I could have run into that coyote one. I don't have enough time to get into Austin enough to look. I've seen a couple over priced LC9's, but I guess I'll hold out until I find the LCR I want.

... Unless your pal decides they no longer need the piece you bought them. :lol:
I found it on TexasGunTrader.com. I have seen more than one thee from time to time. Also, 'Elsie Pea' or 'Wiley' is a loaner. It has not been given. I made that clear to the person involved.I think

nyj

Post by nyj »

CWOOD wrote:
BigGuy wrote:
CWOOD wrote: I really like my little Elsie Pea. I've gone to an SR9c as primary EDC, but the LCP is a great little BUG.
I love your name for it 'Elsie Pea'. My family member's EDC is also SR9c. Great gun but not absolutely concealable.
Texsquatch wrote:For what it is/does, I really want one now. Wish I could have run into that coyote one. I don't have enough time to get into Austin enough to look. I've seen a couple over priced LC9's, but I guess I'll hold out until I find the LCR I want.

I found it on TexasGunTrader.com. I have seen more than one thee from time to time. Also, 'Elsie Pea' or 'Wiley' is a loaner. It has not been given. I made that clear to the person involved.I think
I saw that one. Almost bought it.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

OP: Grab a Gun in Coppell, Texas (DFW area) has new LCP's for $307.10.

A week or so ago they had a special on LCP's - Brand new for $265.

Of course since you are in "Central Texas", you'd either have to make a road trip
or pay an FFL transfer fee, which would alter the price/value ratio in making the purchase.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

edorgon

Post by edorgon »

I have both LCP and LC9. LCP more for the wife in her handbag, my LC9 IWB. Both shot very accurately from an encounter range -- 7-15 feet. Got the LCP new for $309, the LC9 for $379. Highly recommend. Quality build, good looking little guns, packing some accuracy and impact.

SAK

Post by SAK »

CWOOD wrote:I just paid $250 for a Coyote Special in almost unused condition just 2 weeks ago. It had original box, papers and lock. It is the only LCP that I was really interested in because I am not a fan of the .380 round. As it works out, someone in the family had a need for a VERY concealable handgun at work(alone in a late night fast food business). This is certainly that. And it is a lot better than a sandwich knife.

I was pleased with the deal and the little pistol is pretty neat. Shoots well. I also bought a factory 7-round magazine which is a good addition with the Critical Defense ammo.

I regret the lack of a slide lock back on empty magazine. I also regret the need for a small lever tool to disassemble,

Just use the rim of a cartridge to flick the pin back.

Selina Kyle

Post by Selina Kyle »

CWOOD wrote:
BigGuy wrote:

I'm going to keep an eye on TexasGunTrader.com. I'm trying to find a Coyote Special. Hopefully I will luck out like you did.
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”