Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 4

Guns Over Texas radio program

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I'll be on the KSEV 700AM "Guns Over Texas" radio program to day from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. If anyone is interested, you can listen live on their website at http://ksevradio.com/schedule/sunday" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chas.

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Guns Over Texas radio program

Post by jmra »

Thanks for the heads up. Will tune in.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Abraham »

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll record it if I can - I'd really like to hear it.

My wife is the technically knowledgable one, so I'll ask for her help in this endeavor.

The most technical thing I can operate is an ax or sledge hammer and yes my hairy, troglodytic knuckles drag the ground when I walk partially upright...

williamkevin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by williamkevin »

Looking forward to listening Charles.

For those who might miss this brodcast, the following is the official blog website for the show. They will post a podcast of the show you can play right from your browser. It normally can take up to a couple of days for them to post it, so keep checking back. I'll try to post the direct link to the podcast when they put it up.

http://gunsovertexasradio.com

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Didn't see this until just now and tuned in over the internet. Thanks Charles.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

ffemt300

Post by ffemt300 »

Well done, Mr. Cotton. A lot of good discussion. I enjoyed hearing how the legislation in Austin works. It appealed to the realist in me.

williamkevin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by williamkevin »

The podcast is up already. You can listen to it here.....

http://gunsovertexasradio.com/2014/06/2 ... 4-podcast/

jmra

Post by jmra »

Didn't get to listen to the live broadcast but did listen to the podcast.
I simply do not understand why people like CJ continue to bury their heads in the sand regarding the Texas legislature. If you want to change who sits in those seats you do that through the campaign and election process. But, once that process is complete and you approach the legislative session, you have to work with the people sitting in those seats. This means writing bills that restore rights but still have a chance of passing.
I do think that CJ pointed out something very important (maybe unintentionally). In talking about the positive reception he has received carrying a revolver (black powder or air soft in his case), he confirms what I have stated many times - the open carry of a holstered revolver and the open carry of an AR15 are two very different animals. Why anyone would think demonstrating by open carrying long guns would promote passage of OC of handguns when the two actions receive such different reactions from the public is simply mind boggling to me.

As always, great job Mr. Cotton!
Last edited by jmra on Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

I had a great time on the Guns Over Texas radio program and I can recommend it to everyone. It airs on Sundays from 5:00pm to 7:00pm and it's a great roundtable on gun-related issues. Normally, there's a lot of technical discussion about guns and gun-related products and activities, but last night was an exception. Open-carry is such a hot topic that it dominated the program last night.

The three regulars on the program do a great job of making the program both fun and interesting. If you aren't available from 5:00pm to 7:00pm then you can listen to the show at http://gunsovertexasradio.com/2014/06/2 ... 4-podcast/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; a day or two after it is converted to a podcast.

Give the show a try, I think you'll like it.
Chas.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

There is one thing I'd like to ask you to clarify Charles. If I heard it correctly, one thing that was said late had to do with the carrying of shotguns and rifles by the New Black Panthers. Either you or the host said that they were being carried unloaded as required by law. If that is what was said, is that correct? I didn't think the code said anything about loaded vs. unloaded. Maybe it has changed and I missed it or I just didn't hear what I thought I heard.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jmra

Post by jmra »

C-dub wrote:There is one thing I'd like to ask you to clarify Charles. If I heard it correctly, one thing that was said late had to do with the carrying of shotguns and rifles by the New Black Panthers. Either you or the host said that they were being carried unloaded as required by law. If that is what was said, is that correct? I didn't think the code said anything about loaded vs. unloaded. Maybe it has changed and I missed it or I just didn't hear what I thought I heard.
That was a reference to an event in CA. The law at that time required OC weapons to be unloaded. There was a later event in Texas - those weapons did not have to be unloaded.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

jmra wrote:
C-dub wrote:There is one thing I'd like to ask you to clarify Charles. If I heard it correctly, one thing that was said late had to do with the carrying of shotguns and rifles by the New Black Panthers. Either you or the host said that they were being carried unloaded as required by law. If that is what was said, is that correct? I didn't think the code said anything about loaded vs. unloaded. Maybe it has changed and I missed it or I just didn't hear what I thought I heard.
That was a reference to an event in CA. The law at that time required OC weapons to be unloaded. There was a later event in Texas - those weapons did not have to be unloaded.
Correct.

Chas.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Thanks guys. I did miss the part about that event being in CA.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

For those with limited time (or attention span :mrgreen: ) the meat of the discussion (for me) started at 1:06:50.

The direct question is asked, (paraphrasing) "why give the media the ammunition [dudebros showing up at Chipotle carrying EBR's AT me] to use against us?"

The question never gets a clear direct answer, but the discussion gets interesting from there.

IMO, Gresham doesn't sufficiently understand the political process. He's ready to sacrifice steady gains in favor of shooting for the brass ring.
I believe he doesn't realize (or refuses to acknowledge) how his tactics impact the ability to get legislation passed.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”