pocket pistols

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

lws380
Posts in topic: 1

Re: pocket pistols

Post by lws380 »

A Seecamp will fit in any pocket and makes a great NY reload when carrying a larger gun.

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

I have carried a 380 LCP since they came out with them . Carried in a leather cut out holster in my right front pocket , it does not print and works well in a regular size pocket . I have shoulder rigs etc but I know I won't 'rig' out to just run an errand or short trip , the LPC is no more trouble than putting your wallet in a pocket . Carrying a pocket pistol never changed my dress or lifestyle at all . I recommend it , it's easy .

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

Wtxchooter wrote:RugerLCP gets 5 gold stars. I have a Glock 27, an XDS, Sig 938, and a full size 1911, but my LCP in a superfly holster sees way more carry time from simple ease of carry. Throw it in your pocket and forget it. No matter what your dress, it conceals.
I agree it's a great carry gun.

However, it's not what I'd like to see in my hand when I'm looking over the sights at an adversary with a Glock, or two or more adversaries with anything.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

AggieMM

Post by AggieMM »

Kahr PM 9 in a Concealment Solutions Pocket Viper holster.

Ryan

WhiteLightning

Post by WhiteLightning »

I carry my KelTec P-11 in my front pocket in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster. Works for me, but I'm a big guy.

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

I'd decide between revolver or semi auto first. If budget allows for quality I'd consider a S&W airweight in the revolver section. For a semi auto I'd go with a SIG P938 (which is my choice) or a Kahr PM9 which is about of similar size as the SIG mentioned. A good pocket holster is a must and also make sure there is the gun in that pocket and nothing else. Another concern is the shootability of a small gun, it takes exercise, drawing and shooting needs practice if you change to a small size firearm. Quiet frankly I'd say a smallfirearm can be more dangerous than a larger one without adequate training. I choose the SIG P938 and a Desantis pocket holster for that particular gun because it is a fit to my pocket size and it doesn't print. For the selection of the gun I like the fact there is a manual safety besides the natural trigger safety. Make sure the pocket holster sits firmly in your pants in terms of size. There are some "one size fits all" type of pocket holsters available but going through some expenses by myself I'd not recommend any of besides the Desantis or similar. Anything floating in your average pants pocket is useless because you have to fiddle before you can get a grip on it.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

barres

Post by barres »

My choice is a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm. It has great sights and is wonderfully accurate. I've owned and carried .380s. I just don't trust the stopping power (or lack thereof) of them. I've owned and carried a Kel-Tec PF-9, and it was a fine pistol. I like my wife's Glock 26, and, yes, I can carry it concealed in my front pocket. I know that not everyone can. Heck, with some shorts I have worn, I have been known to pocket carry a Glock 30! I have no problem with revolvers, but I prefer the capacity and faster reload of a semi-auto. YMMV.
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

ripnbst

Post by ripnbst »

EEllis wrote:I think first you have to define pocket pistol. I think the gun must fit in the front pocket and you have to have room to have you hand and you gun inside that pocket at the same time. If you carry in a cargo pocket that doesn't equal pocket gun. It's not just a gun you can kind of fit in a pocket sometimes. Basically I have never seen anything larger than .380 that I place in that category. Some 9's fit some peoples pockets but not others. Revolvers, 32's and bigger anyway, have the same issue as far as I'm concerned. So aside from a doubletap or such I think only single stack .380 on down qualify for a pocket gun. Right now there are a lot of great guns that fit the bill.
I disagree. They are pricey but check out the Rohrbaugh R9.

EEllis
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by EEllis »

ripnbst wrote:
EEllis wrote:I think first you have to define pocket pistol. I think the gun must fit in the front pocket and you have to have room to have you hand and you gun inside that pocket at the same time. If you carry in a cargo pocket that doesn't equal pocket gun. It's not just a gun you can kind of fit in a pocket sometimes. Basically I have never seen anything larger than .380 that I place in that category. Some 9's fit some peoples pockets but not others. Revolvers, 32's and bigger anyway, have the same issue as far as I'm concerned. So aside from a doubletap or such I think only single stack .380 on down qualify for a pocket gun. Right now there are a lot of great guns that fit the bill.
I have never seen one. I go to many stores, always check out the guns, good luck finding one. If it works for you and you can afford it then great. Right now I would still stand behind my statement but hey, your pockets might be bigger, and deeper, than mine.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

EEllis wrote:
ripnbst wrote:
I have never seen one. I go to many stores, always check out the guns, good luck finding one. If it works for you and you can afford it then great. Right now I would still stand behind my statement but hey, your pockets might be bigger, and deeper, than mine.
Great pun there EEllis.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

silverbear

Post by silverbear »

My pocket carry is a S&W 642 in Desantis pocket holster. I use it exactly as described in your use case.
I support the right to arm bears.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

I have my .32NAA Guardian, and sometimes my wife's .380 P238, but would carry a revolver as an alternative, if I had one.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Rayden

Post by Rayden »

Anyone know if the Kahr PM9 is rated for +P or +P+? I couldn't find that info on their site.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I have two pocket pistol options: 1. Sig P230 Si and, 2. S&W 638, I'm comfortable with either in my britches. I do not expect to be in any long drawn out gun battles. Should I be forced to pull my gun, it will be over, one way or another, in short order. YMMV. :tiphat:

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

J frame snubbie or Sig P938.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”