Tyler burglar killed by homeowner

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TheArmedFarmer
Posts in topic: 2

Tyler burglar killed by homeowner

Post by TheArmedFarmer »

http://www.ketknbc.com/news/update-poli ... -tyler-hom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Authorities have identified the burglar as Luke Garrison, 44, of Brownsboro. He is the owner of Garrison Custom Homes in Brownsboro.

The homeowner is 77-year-old Bobby Shaw.
This is kind of a strange one here. I'm surprised that this burglar wasn't some random thug but an actual local business owner. The home was a nice house in a nice area of Tyler.
Life member: NRA, THSC, HSLDA.

patterson
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Tyler burglar killed by homeowner

Post by patterson »

TheArmedFarmer wrote:http://www.ketknbc.com/news/update-poli ... -tyler-hom
Authorities have identified the burglar as Luke Garrison, 44, of Brownsboro. He is the owner of Garrison Custom Homes in Brownsboro.

This is kind of a strange one here. I'm surprised that this burglar wasn't some random thug but an actual local business owner. The home was a nice house in a nice area of Tyler.
I didn't hear about this and there was no story to the link, do you what area in tyler this took place

CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CoffeeNut »

patterson wrote:

I didn't hear about this and there was no story to the link, do you what area in tyler this took place
"Tyler Police are on the scene of a residential shooting on Charleston Drive.

According to police, a burglar broke into a home through a window in the 900 block of Charleston. When the homeowner heard a crash, he came out of his bedroom and was charged by a burglar with the item used to get inside the house. The homeowner then shot the burglar one time with a shotgun and killed him.

The burglar was found dead near the front door with a gunshot wound to the left portion of his chest when medical officials arrived."

Link worked fine for me.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

patterson

Post by patterson »

All it showed for me was a picture of the burglar but I found info on KYTX website but thanks anyway

CleverNickname

Post by CleverNickname »

Yeah that does seem a bit strange. I wonder if the dead guy was high or drunk or something and not actually trying to buglarize the home.

Sounds like a good shoot either way though.

patterson

Post by patterson »

the article I read said there was an attempted break in at the same residence on Dec. 7th

ELB

Post by ELB »

This is kind of a strange one here. I'm surprised that this burglar wasn't some random thug but an actual local business owner...
Yes, I googled the guy and he has a work history for what looks like his whole adult life, looks like he moved up periodically. Not usual profile for a burglar. Will be interested to see if there is a connection between him and the homeowner prior to this event.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
TheArmedFarmer

Post by TheArmedFarmer »

ELB wrote: Will be interested to see if there is a connection between him and the homeowner prior to this event.
That was my initial thought.

The evidence showing the possibility that a different residence was also burglarized by this same guy, though, leads me to expect that the guy just turned to a life of crime for some reason. Failed business? Drug habit?
Life member: NRA, THSC, HSLDA.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I went to the website for Garrison Custom Homes in Brownsboro and noticed it has a .org extension ???? :headscratch
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

According to one of his family members, he was mentally ill. This is a post she made on KETK's facebook page earlier today.
Cheryl L. Garrison Hope
This is my brother, he had mental illness and had been displaying a lot of disturbing behavior for several months now. He has a wife and two children and a family. I knew him. We were all trying to get him psychiatric treatment but he refused to go because he was so paranoid and did not believe we wanted to help him. He was a wonderful person. You all have no idea. He was not well, mentally. I believe he was paranoid psychzoprenic to be honest. We tried to have him committed but you can't do that any more. His wife had just convinced him to start counseling with her as a last resort. He would have never done this. He was very loved.

Like · Reply · 76 · 5 hours ago
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

Saffron

Post by Saffron »

puma guy wrote:I went to the website for Garrison Custom Homes in Brownsboro and noticed it has a .org extension ???? :headscratch
It looks like the .com was registered five years earlier. It's dormant now but probably was active at some point seeing how many construction and general contractor businesses named Garrison that show up in a Google search.
I do know my Bible, sir.

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

.org domains are cheaper...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

RogueUSMC wrote:.org domains are cheaper...
Not true, just more available, because everyone wants .com, not .org. So it's easier to get the .org with the name you want.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

ELB

Post by ELB »

tomtexan wrote:According to one of his family members, he was mentally ill. This is a post she made on KETK's facebook page earlier today.
Cheryl L. Garrison Hope
This is my brother, he had mental illness and had been displaying a lot of disturbing behavior for several months now. He has a wife and two children and a family. I knew him. We were all trying to get him psychiatric treatment but he refused to go because he was so paranoid and did not believe we wanted to help him. He was a wonderful person. You all have no idea. He was not well, mentally. I believe he was paranoid psychzoprenic to be honest. We tried to have him committed but you can't do that any more. His wife had just convinced him to start counseling with her as a last resort. He would have never done this. He was very loved.

Like · Reply · 76 · 5 hours ago
That seems plausible. How sad.
USAF 1982-2005

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

mr1337 wrote:
RogueUSMC wrote:.org domains are cheaper...
Not true, just more available, because everyone wants .com, not .org. So it's easier to get the .org with the name you want.
Every registrar I have used priced .org domains at $8.99/year and .com domains at $12.99/year...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”