Ammo Cans

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
brhalltx
Posts in topic: 4

Ammo Cans

Post by brhalltx »

Has anyone seen any deals on ammo cans at Houston surplus places? 50 caliber preferred, but I could probably use some 30 caliber cans...

PBR
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ammo Cans

Post by PBR »

http://houston.texasguntrader.com/index ... 2&b=636271" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -- shows he has 20 30cal cans for 10 each -- says new / clean
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

Topic author
brhalltx

Post by brhalltx »

Thanks; I may have to pick up a few.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

Yes, I know I'm resurrecting a 2 year old thread! :mrgreen:

I'm looking to buy a quantity of ammo cans, preferably military surplus, to store all of my ammo and other items. I've bought a couple here and there, such as 1 yesterday at WalMart.

Today looking at place to buy military surplus, ran across a "Government Liquidation" site that has many lots of ammo boxes for sale.
http://www.govliquidation.com/c/ammo-cans.html

Wondering if anyone on the forum has ever purchased a large lot like this and actually gotten it for some of the ridiculously low bids I'm seeing? Like $25 for a lot of 105 cans.
If this is legit it appears that a civilian could buy a lot, arrange to pick it up at the Army base and have it placed in the back of the truck. I'm going to do more research on this, so if anyone else is interested perhaps we could go in together to split costs of the lot and expenses to pick up.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
brhalltx

Post by brhalltx »

A 2 year old thread? Really? :fire :nono:

You have to pay 12.5% buyer's premium and sales tax... They do ship through third party companies. If you can pick up in San Antonio, it might be worth trying.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

brhalltx wrote:A 2 year old thread? Really? :fire :nono:

You have to pay 12.5% buyer's premium and sales tax... They do ship through third party companies. If you can pick up in San Antonio, it might be worth trying.
Yeah, but 12.5% of $25 and sales tax isn't much. Ft. Sill, OK would be closer pick up for me out of DFW. I'm thinking that even if the entire transaction and cost to pick up runs $150-200 that's only $1.50-$2.00 per can on a lot of 100.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
brhalltx

Post by brhalltx »

You can drop some off in Dallas for me...

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Just have to pay attention to details. When it can be picked up, scheduling an appointment, what loading is available, etc.
NRA Benefactor Member

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

I saw a few pallets of 50 cal cans at Academy the other day...
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

You might also check with Omaha Surplus on White Settlement Blvd in short Northwest-ish downtown Fort Worth (N on Henderson from dowtown, then Left (West) on awhite Settlement. They occassionally get a trailer load of various calibre cans and usually have a good price on them.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Piney

Post by Piney »

One of the catches I've seen on the gov liquidation site is in the proverbial fine print-- no help whatsoever loading/removing the items. Many I've seen are by the pallet(s) so would appear to require a forklift and large truck/trailer at minimum.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”