A Look At The Glock 43 (Several Photos)

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 13

Re: A Look At The Glock 43 (Several Photos)

Post by carlson1 »

jmra wrote:How much difference in width between the 42 and the 43?
The second photo shows the width. It is very little difference.

CC Italian
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CC Italian »

Shield and PPS are the best polymer single stacks imo.

JSThane
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JSThane »

carlson1 wrote:A few more photos that I thought was interesting. The G43 is just a little larger than the G42. Not much difference at all. My wife enjoys shooting the G42 a lot.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
Very nice illustrations of the size differences, and thanks for the reference! I'm still looking for a G43 myself.

One question: What sights do you have on your pistols, and where can I find some of those? I kinda like the looks of them, and night sights on a carry gun are a but-of-course.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

JSThane wrote:
carlson1 wrote:A few more photos that I thought was interesting. The G43 is just a little larger than the G42. Not much difference at all. My wife enjoys shooting the G42 a lot.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
Very nice illustrations of the size differences, and thanks for the reference! I'm still looking for a G43 myself.

One question: What sights do you have on your pistols, and where can I find some of those? I kinda like the looks of them, and night sights on a carry gun are a but-of-course.
I use the XS Big Dot sights from Ft. Worth. You can find them on EBay sometimes cheaper. I put them on everyone of my carry pistols and I have them on my AR's.

rentz
Posts in topic: 4

Post by rentz »

carlson1 wrote:My thought is if your physically able to handle a 9mm there is no need for G42 unless it is for your BUG. The G43 is Just a tiny bit larger in size, but in a better caliber.
you know whats funny is early this year i decided to try out the g42 for a light carry gun and i dunno i just can't shoot it worth a darn, maybe it's the difference in the trigger from other glocks it feels stiffer but shorter.
is the 43 trigger similar?

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

rentz wrote:
carlson1 wrote:My thought is if your physically able to handle a 9mm there is no need for G42 unless it is for your BUG. The G43 is Just a tiny bit larger in size, but in a better caliber.
you know whats funny is early this year i decided to try out the g42 for a light carry gun and i dunno i just can't shoot it worth a darn, maybe it's the difference in the trigger from other glocks it feels stiffer but shorter.
I don't think the trigger on the G42 or the G43 is as nice as the larger Glocks. Although it states the trigger pull is 4 1/2lbs. That could be to the fact they knew some would pocket carry.

rentz

Post by rentz »

carlson1 wrote:
rentz wrote:
I don't think the trigger on the G42 or the G43 is as nice as the larger Glocks. Although it states the trigger pull is 4 1/2lbs. That could be to the fact they knew some would pocket carry.
i havent measured the pull but i don't think there is any way its 4.5, maybe i'll try a ghost connector before i sell it.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I held one in my hand for the first time today and was surprised that a) it is as small as it is, and b) that it isn't as small as I had thought it would be. Yes, it is flatter, but it isn't THAT much smaller than a Glock 26 I compared it to side by side. Since the 26 can accept the magazines of the other double stack 9s, I'm thinking it might make more sense for me than the 43 would.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

rentz

Post by rentz »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I held one in my hand for the first time today and was surprised that a) it is as small as it is, and b) that it isn't as small as I had thought it would be. Yes, it is flatter, but it isn't THAT much smaller than a Glock 26 I compared it to side by side. Since the 26 can accept the magazines of the other double stack 9s, I'm thinking it might make more sense for me than the 43 would.
yup its about shield sized but lighter, it's no pocket pistol. that area is ruled by the pm9

jmra
Posts in topic: 8

Post by jmra »

Well, spent most of the day at the gun show today playing with the 43, shield, XDs, and several other single stack 9s. As much as I wanted to like the shield ($90 cheaper), once I held the 43 with the extended mag I was sold. $459 (only $10 more than the SWFA price but worth it since I didn't have to wait).
I know there isn't a lot of difference in size between the 26 and 43, but when carrying IWB it doesn't take much to feel a difference - I know carrying the XDs was much more comfortable than carrying the 26. Of course it could just be my body type.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I think if Glock would have got busy about putting out a single stack 9 it would be more popular, they drug their feet to long. That being said I already have XS Big Dots on mine and just waiting for my back to heal so I can go to the range.

jmra

Post by jmra »

rentz wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
rentz wrote:
i havent measured the pull but i don't think there is any way its 4.5, maybe i'll try a ghost connector before i sell it.
I watched a video where they measured the trigger pull on a 42 and a 43. The 42 was just under 6.5 and the 43 was just over 6.5. I think both were straight out of the box.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

No bones about it when and if I can find an appendix bolster the G43 it will be my BUG to the G19 or G23. I just have not seen a lot of accessories right now.

SkipB

Post by SkipB »

I have to say something first about price. I know everyone wants to save every penny they can, me included. But when it come to carrying a weapon with the intent of it being used to protect or save your life are the life of a family member I can't see price getting in the way. It is more important to be comfortable with the gun and the way it carries. I bought a G43 a while back and liked it very much. I am a big S&W fan and due to some difficulties with my hands the M&P is very easy for me to break down and clean. The pictures and the info that Carlson posted were very informative and to me very important. All the other input is great to. It's not practical to go out and buy every pistol you want to try and go shoot them to decide which one you want to carry. Having input that you can wrap your mind around and put together and idea of what is out there and what might fit you is important and good. I want to thank Carlson for this thread and all the others who had input here. It has been very informative to me.
Skip Bishop

jmra

Post by jmra »

A bunch of rounds through the 43 today. Recoil is very manageable but the factory sites have to go. Had to stack the sites to get on target. Shoots very low otherwise. Noticed the same thing with the 42. After market sites on my 19 and 26 are right on.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”