Holster Help!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Holster Help!

Post by mrvmax »

I always wear one of the "sport" type undershirts (the shirts similar to Underarmor that will dry easily when sweating). I wear a concealed carry short over that (5.11 or Blackhawk) and always use an OWB holster. I sweat a lot and have never had a problem. Out of all the holsters I have used I like Bravo Concealment and Raven Concealment Kydex holsters. They both make great OWB holsters that fit well enough to hide the pistol fairly well and Bravo is a Texas company.

Divided Attention
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Divided Attention »

+1 on the t-shirt between you and the holster. Additionally, even as a girl I don't glisten, I sweat! I have a combo holster for each of my carry sidearms. At the end of a long summer's day; especially after yard work or something similar I have pulled my sidearm out and had sweat literally drip off. I have a silicone towel that it gets a good wipedown and I have spare mags I swap with ones in the safe which has a dehydrator in it. The joys of CC in SE Texas!
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

sass2924
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sass2924 »

Some good tips. I don't usually were a t shirt but will start. Not only to helping with the sweating but to keep a barrier between the holster and my skin. I have a kydex and one part just sticks me and there is no give. I'm going to try a Crossbreed and a HBE.

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Taypo »

I wear the cotton tank tops underneath my shirts as well, despite my intense dislike for them. Comfort level is much improved, especially if you're using aggressive grips.

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

mrvmax wrote:I always wear one of the "sport" type undershirts (the shirts similar to Underarmor that will dry easily when sweating). I wear a concealed carry short over that (5.11 or Blackhawk) and always use an OWB holster. I sweat a lot and have never had a problem. Out of all the holsters I have used I like Bravo Concealment and Raven Concealment Kydex holsters. They both make great OWB holsters that fit well enough to hide the pistol fairly well and Bravo is a Texas company.
Which Bravo are you wearing? I'm looking at them for my VP9, but I've never worn kydex before. I'm concerned that it's going to print like a mother...

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mrvmax »

Taypo wrote:
mrvmax wrote:I always wear one of the "sport" type undershirts (the shirts similar to Underarmor that will dry easily when sweating). I wear a concealed carry short over that (5.11 or Blackhawk) and always use an OWB holster. I sweat a lot and have never had a problem. Out of all the holsters I have used I like Bravo Concealment and Raven Concealment Kydex holsters. They both make great OWB holsters that fit well enough to hide the pistol fairly well and Bravo is a Texas company.
Which Bravo are you wearing? I'm looking at them for my VP9, but I've never worn kydex before. I'm concerned that it's going to print like a mother...
RTT, with a concealed carry shirt I do not worry about printing. If I was wearing a tee shirt I would have to carry a smaller pistol to conceal well.

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

Gotcha. Thanks for the help!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”