West Houston LGS Featured by Mr. Colion Noir

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

West Houston LGS Featured by Mr. Colion Noir

Post by Vol Texan »

Over the past few years, I've mentioned my favorite Local Gun Store (LGS) a few times.

My wife has a small business as well, so I like when folks support her store instead of Jared, Zales, etc. One less sale for Cabela's won't even affect their bottom line, but one more sale for a small LGS might make a huge difference to them.

This store is a good one, indeed. They have provided great service when I first got my EDC, even better service when I had problems with it long after the sale, and they helped me later to pick out a Back up Gun (BUG) that fit my unique preferences (and they actually steered me from a higher-cost option to a lower-cost one that met nearly all my preferences).

So...when I saw this video about them, I thought they deserved a share on here for all to see:

Now, for some of the back story. In the video, he says, "This is where it all started." After the first time of watching this video, I thought I remembered it as meaning, "This is Houston, it's my hometown, where it all started".

But as I watched it again, I saw that it was actually, "This is where it all started: Defensive and Concealed Handguns." So I did a little checking on it. It turns out that some of his earliest videos (the ones that went viral, the ones that helped make him famous, the ones that helped launch his current career as an NRA spokesman) were filmed at my favorite LGS. I'm not sure that he did ALL of them at Jaime's store, but I did find a few that ended with a credit given (like the ones below):

:tiphat: Thanks to Colion Noir and the NRA for helping to showcase a local shop that helped out 'when it all started'. (I hope that some famous Hollywood star does the same for my wife's little jewelry store someday :evil2: )

So if you're on the west side of Houston, near the corner of Memorial & Dairy Ashford, drop in and give these guys a look-see. It's a small store, but they (Jaime, Maurice, etc.) do take great care of their customers.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

USA1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: West Houston LGS Featured by Mr. Colion Noir

Post by USA1 »

Yep, it was fun having Mr. Noir back at the store with his film crew. He's been a regular fixture here since we opened almost five years ago.
I can remember many evenings that Colion would produce his gun review videos here. He is a true enthusiast.

BTW.. That's me in the background behind the counter helping a customer. :mrgreen:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

USA1:
Long time, no see. Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention,
but it seems you, the prodigal son, have returned to the board!

Rock on, brother.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

winters
Banned

Post by winters »

Does this gun store have a name other then LGS?

USA1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by USA1 »

winters wrote:Does this gun store have a name other then LGS?
Defensive & Concealed Guns
...otherwise known as http://www.defconguns.com
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”