Looking for info on SCCY

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
tk1700
Posts in topic: 1

Looking for info on SCCY

Post by tk1700 »

Anyone have experience with the SCCY 9mm? My nephew is looking for his first semi auto and we saw lots of SCCY's at the gun show in FTW yesterday. Of course the dealers were talking them up trying to get a sale. Looks pretty good, USA made, feels good to hold, 10+1 and very reasonably priced. For the price ($240-$280 depending on style) I might consider one just to have another gun to throw in the mix when I go to the range. Thanks!

rytchard

Re: Looking for info on SCCY

Post by rytchard »

I have one (SCCY CPX-2) and am very happy with it! It is still new but I have put a little over 150 rounds (FMJ, JHP, various brands) through it with no FTF. The last 50-60 rounds impressed me as far as the accuracy. Either the gun is getting broke in or I am getting used to it.... or maybe all of the above! They have a great warranty, good price, and features that usually come with a much higher price tag. For what it is worth ...I recommend it!

Setxjeff

Re: Looking for info on SCCY

Post by Setxjeff »

I have two SCCY CPX-2 and have had very good results with both, had them for a year. The factory mags feed flawsly with any type ammo. Very accurate after getting use to the double action only method of firing. This is a hammer fired pistol with a long heavy trigger pull, but it is smooth. Most holster makers have some holster available.
TSRA Member
M1 Garand Collectors Association

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”