Side affect of HB 910

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Bitterclinger
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Side affect of HB 910

Post by Bitterclinger »

I had a $8.00 top sirloin at an Applebee's just last week. It was tender, flavorful, and perfectly cooked to my specification. I don't visit yelp, or online restaurant review sites because of all the idiot reviewers and self appointed food critics, so I agree with the objection to bringing it up here. What I think about the place or the food has nothing to do with it. On the other hand, what does affect me is that some places who did not prohibit concealed carry are now doing so after open carry goes into effect. Unless the restaurant critic thing just confused me, I think that was OP's point. Will business over-react to open carry and start creating these gun free zones?

I think HEB made the wrong call, but I acknowledge their legal right to make it, and I won't stop shopping there, but if Applebee's goes full-out gun ban, I'll drive down the block and pay a few bucks more for a steak.

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

It sure doesn't help that every reporter covering this has been calling round businesses and asking them what their position is so they can talk about it on the news. :grumble
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Topic author
Tylerscott20
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Tylerscott20 »

The mansfield location has officially put up signage for both 30.06 and 30.07. I assume all others will follow suit as basically every applebee's in texas is under one franchise now.

jminn1

Post by jminn1 »

I was just at Total Wine on South Stemmons in Lewisville TX and they have posted non-compliant 30.06 and 30.07 signs to the left of the front doors.
I spoke to the store manager and was informed that it is a corporate (Maryland) decision and that compliant signs will soon be posted.

On a more personal note - I was afraid of this sort backlash when OC passed, and here we are.

I really liked going to Total Wine...
Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism. Barry Goldwater

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

My town has two movie theaters. The Carmike Cinema has been posted for years so we would go to the Regal which had only a gun buster sign. Just got an email from texas3006 that the Regal has posted both 30.06 and 30.07.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

cbr6864r

Post by cbr6864r »

Applebees wont be missed now if Texas roadhouse post 30.06 signs im going to be irritated

Dutchster

Post by Dutchster »

When carrying in liquor establishments became law in Ohio a few years back, almost every Applebees location began posting. Calls to corporate were met with a non-response response, basically saying that corporate has no official position but it's up to each franchisee to set their policies. Come to find out that there's one or two franchisees that cover the entire state. People sent in receipts and complained repeatedly to both corporate and the franchisees to no avail.

Also, on the comment about Half Price Books - they used to be posted in Ohio but I've heard that the signs have all come down over the past year or so. I don't have one nearby so I can't verify that.

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

Right2Carry wrote:Applebee's food has gone so far downhill that it isn't even worth eating.
I went to one for the first time in years with an Australian friend a year or back... man, it was horrible. Maybe the new signs will stop innocent LTC holders from disappointment ;-)
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

SecurityGeek

Post by SecurityGeek »

The iPic movie theater in Fairview had both signs up yesterday. Sad. Hopefully the Alamo Drafthouse doesn't follow along.
"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"
- S. Paige

WinoVeritas

Post by WinoVeritas »

Total Wine is my favorite, low cost booze emporium and I have shopped there many a time CC'ing and have never seen a sign regarding guns as it is legal to CC in Texas liquor stores which normally only post gunbuster signs or the required TABC Blue sign for alcohol sales. In any case, regardless of how Total Wine signs I will continue doing business with them, as my wallet is more important than carrying a gun for 20 minutes - Their prices beat everyone one else hands down - Gabriels, Don' & Ben's, Spec's, Costco, Twin and all the other local booze shops. YMMV, but I'm not into cutting my nose off to spite my face - my refusing to do business with someone cause they don't do things my way isn't going to amount to one iota drop in their profits, but may affect my bottom line. $10-$20 savings per trip is a good thing in my book.

Since I carry OWB concealed, I can go either way just by placing my shirt behind pistol grip I'm OC and can go CC at the drop of a shirttail. Still have to disarm at those places that we can't carry now in any shape form or fashion.

IMHO, people that push the envelope, walking past "non-compliant" signs to prove a point, or carry long guns (because you can in Texas), do so only to provoke and in the long term hurtful to all licensed carriers in Texas. People screaming 07 signs in absence of 06 are anti gun need to remove their heads from the sand - it just means you can't OC and THAT is NOT anti gun, it's working within the law, whether one likes the law or not.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”