Cajun Gun Works & Rebirth of an old friend

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Cajun Gun Works & Rebirth of an old friend

Post by Take Down Sicko »

E. M. ,Your upgraded gun looks fantastic. Great job. Hope you have fun with it. Stay safe. :fire

Topic author
E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 11

Post by E.Marquez »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:If you don't mind my asking, what work did you have done and what was the cost?.
Don't mind at all, I have not got the final bill yet////// but its looking like I could have bought a nice rifle for what this is going to cost me.... :???:

Once I get the bill I'll post the various work and costs..
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Take Down Sicko wrote:E. M. ,Your upgraded gun looks fantastic. Great job. Hope you have fun with it. Stay safe. :fire
Thank you.......Its not worth much in cash, but the value is not measureable to me.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

AndyC wrote:Looks great :cheers2:

Replacing the rear sight would have cost a pretty penny - designing and cutting a dutchman, welding it in place and machining it smooth, then cutting it again for the new sights, rebluing the slide and installing the new sights... yikes.
Yes, the slide was striped and reblued as part of the build// Had I been given the option of the rest of the work It would have been nice and only a bit of additional cost,since not starting from scratch.

Likely i will do all the machining and welding myself at this point, and then send it out to be reblued again. CGW, as good as they are are not set up for that kind of work, so it did not occur to them to offer it, consider it or ask about it...When I asked for new sight options, they had none to offer and thus said nothing.

My fault, i should have made that a go / no go criteria before allowing them to move forward with any work.
Luckly, there is nothing WRONG with the sights on the gun, so its not a show stopper, just not as good as it could be with sites better suited to me this day.

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Took my daughter in law(and future grandson), both sons and my Lady to the range today.
Among other weapons fired, the CZ was the focus of the day.

All who fired it were impressed.... the trigger is crisp, short take up, smooth and no overtravel with the screw adjusted as needed.
Fired 250 rounds of FMJ and 40 SD rounds. Not a single failure to fire, chamber, extract. :thumbs2:

Very happy with the gun, post build.

Its a family heirloom at this point, never to be sold or traded... one of my sons or grandson will have it when I pass.

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:10 pm If you don't mind my asking, what work did you have done and what was the cost?
Just realized I never updated this thread with the answer to Soccerdad1995
CZ invoice.jpg
$870 total not including return shipping ...thats more than I paid for it new in 1985 :mrgreen:

And still worth it to me when I :fire

flechero

Post by flechero »

I loved the worn look, as I have grown to really appreciate honest wear. But the after pics are pretty awesome! :drool: Congrats again!

Late question, if I may... Curious as to why you chose the def. carry pkg and what it changed on a gun you carried for a long time? Assuming it was always reliable or you wouldn't have carried it?

txhighlander

Post by txhighlander »

I had my P01 done by them, the pro package. Without a doubt it made an excellent pistol extraordinary . The only thing I might have messed up on is the sights. I went with the fiber optic sights and while I hit well with them I don’t like them very well. The front sight is to narrow for my eyes. Your old friend turned out well an I know you enjoy shooting it. :thumbs2:
Truth against the world

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

txhighlander wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:48 pm I had my P01 done by them, the pro package. Without a doubt it made an excellent pistol extraordinary .
:iagree: The Pro Kit makes a CZ a different gun! I've installed four now. The first took me about seven hours and I was ready to throw the kit and gun in the garbage. The second one took about 1.5 hrs. and the third and forth less than an hour. I haven't done one in a year now, so who knows how long it would take.

The decocker models are the hardest and I've read that installing the kit in a gun with a safety is much easier.

Chas.

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

flechero wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:16 am I loved the worn look, as I have grown to really appreciate honest wear. But the after pics are pretty awesome! :drool: Congrats again!

Late question, if I may... Curious as to why you chose the def. carry pkg and what it changed on a gun you carried for a long time? Assuming it was always reliable or you wouldn't have carried it?
This gun was stone reliable, for most of its life I tracked every round fired on a document the Army uses to track such things...(I was a unit armorer when I bought this gun in 85, and it was just fun to do at first along with a few hundred rifles, pistols and missile systems I was tracking anyway) I stopped tracking rounds fired in 2002, it had 10,100 rounds though it..not a single stoppage, failure to fire, failure to eject, ever.

It had a custom trigger, slide stop and hammer when it was sold new and the action crisp, clean and no over travel. I wanted that same thing but in new parts so we decided on the parts shown on the invoice.

74novaman
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 74novaman »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:40 am The decocker models are the hardest and I've read that installing the kit in a gun with a safety is much easier.
Chas.
Absolutely true. I've done CGW upgrades on both decocker and safety models. My experience was similar to yours the first time I did a decocker gun.

The safety equipped models are much, much easier to work on.
TANSTAAFL

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”