Cajun Gun Works & Rebirth of an old friend

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 11

Cajun Gun Works & Rebirth of an old friend

Post by E.Marquez »

Its official...A gun I have had and carried since 1985, a gun that means an awful lot to me,,much more than it's worth in cash. Was finally turned over to a trusted shop to work on..Refurbish, update.
https://www.facebook.com/cajungunworks/

Cajun Gun Works got the job, not in small part to the heaps of praise it received from trusted members here.. So thank you.
Shipped last week, received in 3 days and a personal contact from shop owner letting me know it had arrived and was placed in que.
I was originally told the gun would not get any attention for up to 6 weeks, and the gunsmith would contact me when it was it's tum on the bench.
Imagine my surprise when when I got a phone call friday from Scott wanting to talk about the project.. My wants, needs, and line in the sand for changes I did not want.
We are approaching this as what I would refer to as a RESTRO MOD in the Auto and bike world... The shell will remain true to its design and maker... but the guts, the works will be updated.
there's pictures posted already here in the wear and tear this pistol went in with..And once I have it back i'll share the after pics along with a review of how it shoots.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Cajun Gun Works & Rebirth of an old friend

Post by joe817 »

Nice! From what I've read, you couldn't find a better gunsmith to restore it. :thumbs2:

Keep us posted on its restoration progress!
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

mot7981

Post by mot7981 »

Glad to see you've decided to give your old friend a well deserved rebirth. Too bad I can't send myself off to be updated. :lol: Looking forward to viewing it in it's new glory. Hope you have a great Memorial Day.

extremist

Post by extremist »

Dave is a great guy and CGW is the place to go for CZ parts.
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

74novaman
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 74novaman »

Congrats, looking forward to seeing the results.
TANSTAAFL

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 1:54 PM, erik Marquez <marquezracing@centurylink.net> wrote:
Good after noon
Is there any update on this project? Is it back from the bluer?
Not complaining, not pushing.. just curious if it has moved forward and what is next.
Yes it is, came in last week. Your due date is late July. We will be in touch very soon.

Thanks
:drool:
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas

74novaman
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 74novaman »

Nice!!

CZ day at the range when it comes in? :cool:
TANSTAAFL

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Scott called yesterday...allllllmost done.

Had a little interference, hammer in the pro package with the non stock CZ rear sight installed by Frankonia of Germany..
The rear sight is a bit of an oddball and is going to take a lot of work to replace, more than Scott can give, so that was a bit disappointing... I had hoped for some modern sights to be part of this update.

Looking for pics from CGW by weeks end...(that be today :hurry: )
Last edited by E.Marquez on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Before
left side.jpg
After
left side reblued.jpg
left front reblued.jpg

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

That looks great!

I like the new look. When will you get to play with it?
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

E.Marquez wrote:. . . The rear sight is a bit of an oddball and is going to take a lot of work to replace, more than Scott can give, so that was a bit disappointing... I had hoped for some modern sights to be part of this update.
That rear sight wouldn't bother me at all! It reminds me somewhat of my younger days when the 1911 fad was to install S&W adjustable revolver sights. I still like that configuration.

Chas.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Very impressed by their work!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
E.Marquez wrote:. . . The rear sight is a bit of an oddball and is going to take a lot of work to replace, more than Scott can give, so that was a bit disappointing... I had hoped for some modern sights to be part of this update.
That rear sight wouldn't bother me at all! It reminds me somewhat of my younger days when the 1911 fad was to install S&W adjustable revolver sights. I still like that configuration.

Chas.
Chas, thanks.... and you have a point.

They dont bother me exactly, I shoot this gun quite well...
Two things over the years...the advent of very good night sights
The Deterioration of my sight
With that combo, Id prefer some good open and visible night sights. I may leave it be...
I chose a modern update restoration for this gun, not a strict restoration only... The Model is rare, but not really collectible (ie valuable) So its high value is to me personally..and I wanted a shooter, not a safe queen.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

If you don't mind my asking, what work did you have done and what was the cost?

I have a CZ 75 BD on order from Buds right now and when it comes in I am thinking of sending it in to get the Pro package installed. I have also been toying with the notion of buying one of the used, likely pre-B models that Buds has for $289 and then doing a restoration / upgrade. The benefit of that is my not having to remove the firing pin block (which isn't there in the first place on the pre-B model), and which would allow me to keep the gun IDPA legal.

rentz

Post by rentz »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:If you don't mind my asking, what work did you have done and what was the cost?

I have a CZ 75 BD on order from Buds right now and when it comes in I am thinking of sending it in to get the Pro package installed. I have also been toying with the notion of buying one of the used, likely pre-B models that Buds has for $289 and then doing a restoration / upgrade. The benefit of that is my not having to remove the firing pin block (which isn't there in the first place on the pre-B model), and which would allow me to keep the gun IDPA legal.
ive thought about those used models to but the amount of work and money that would need to go into it ends up being more than buying a new one...learned that the hard way with a hi-power i thought id get cheap then fix it up, price out things and its 2x what a new one costs.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”