Academy and Buying Ammo and carded?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Academy and Buying Ammo and carded?

Post by ScottDLS »

OK but because of the sheer volume of such information it is basically useless to the government. I just don't want Academy recording my DL information because they don't need it, so I don't want to give it to them. It's just more security "theater". If they want to make people "feel" safe, just stop selling guns...I don't care if Ammoman has it because I get cheaper ammo and that's why I gave them my address, so the UPS man could find me.

Now I wait for someone to come along with the dead horse icon and declare this thread over because in their opinion there is nothing more to say... :waiting:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JALLEN »

Sometimes I wonder if some of you are in the Witness Protection Program or something.

Many think that when some mob killer goes into the WPP, they give them a bad haircut and a cheap suit and send them down to Miami. I believe they train them as meter maids and send them to work in La Jolla, CA.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TreyHouston »

GLJJT make a good point, people can find out who you are. SO, be sure to walk to the store without your phone, wear heavy jackets so they cant see your size (or bullet proof vest works well), THICK black shades, FULL beard to hide your face OR a mask, and dont forget your gloves so they cant get your fingerprints!!!!
If anyone is willing, i will record!!!!!!
:mrgreen: :cool: "rlol"
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Topic author
TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TeachMan2016 »

Thanks for all of you who posted to my thread.
I've decided to talk with a manager and get my information back and ask them to purge it from their system (if it was placed there). If they refuse i'm so glad my brother is an attorney and I will have to take legal action.

viking1000

Post by viking1000 »

I had a incident at BASS PRO SHOP , I was looking for two ponds of GOEX black powder, I like making black powder cartridges in 44 Colt, 44 Russian, 45 and 45-90.. They looked at me, and asked, what I was going to use it for ... I replied for my pistols.
Then he said any other answer and we would not sell it to you .

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 5

Post by E.Marquez »

viking1000 wrote:I had a incident at BASS PRO SHOP , I was looking for two ponds of GOEX black powder, I like making black powder cartridges in 44 Colt, 44 Russian, 45 and 45-90.. They looked at me, and asked, what I was going to use it for ... I replied for my pistols.
SO if you had said you were going to use it in your black powder Rifle they would have refused the sale?
If you said you were going to use it in your replica black powder cannon, they would have refused the sale?
If you wanted it as a Priming powder for flintlock, they would have refused the sale?
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

ScottDLS wrote:... Now I wait for someone to come along with the dead horse icon and declare this thread over because in their opinion there is nothing more to say... :waiting:
Hitler was a Nazi.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

viking1000 wrote:I had a incident at BASS PRO SHOP , I was looking for two ponds of GOEX black powder, I like making black powder cartridges in 44 Colt, 44 Russian, 45 and 45-90.. They looked at me, and asked, what I was going to use it for ... I replied for my pistols.
So in other words, they probably wouldn't have sold it to me after I told them it was none of their concern. Is there a legal requirement for vendors to ask these types of questions?

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”