AR digital trigger

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

User avatar

RogueUSMC
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:55 pm
Location: Smith County
Contact:

Re: AR digital trigger

#31

Post by RogueUSMC » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:31 am

AndyC wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:I wonder if the ATF wouldn't look at the PR function and say "that's a burst mode"
Two rounds for a single pull of the trigger...
I think it depends greatly on who is running the ATF for President Trump.
I could make myself available for that... :cool:
ANDY FOR PRE....ummmm...ATF DIRECTOR!
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

User avatar

RogueUSMC
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:55 pm
Location: Smith County
Contact:

Re: AR digital trigger

#32

Post by RogueUSMC » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:32 am

Liberty wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
Ruark wrote:The ugly question of "battery life" arises.
Eh, the battery is only used for the "digital" mode. Unless their design ends up being horrible, I wouldn't worry about it.
How it behaves when the unit fails is important. Battery failures in a device like this might cause some erratic behaviours. Anything that is small, and combines digital with solenoids is subject to strange behavior under low power conditions.
Like power steering when the pump goes out...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

User avatar

Topic author
AndyC
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 10670
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Garland, TX

Re: AR digital trigger

#33

Post by AndyC » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:54 am

RogueUSMC wrote:
AndyC wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:I wonder if the ATF wouldn't look at the PR function and say "that's a burst mode"
Two rounds for a single pull of the trigger...
I think it depends greatly on who is running the ATF for President Trump.
I could make myself available for that... :cool:
ANDY FOR PRE....ummmm...ATF DIRECTOR!
Yeah, you don't want a Brit for the top-spot again - but you'd enjoy what happened if I ran ATF :mrgreen:
Remember Kitty Genovese

Image

Amateurs skip safety-checks - pros don't.
Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club, Iraq
There's nothing quite like the offer of 230 grains to a man's chest to remind him of his manners


Dave2
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 3147
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:39 am
Location: Bay Area, CA

Re: AR digital trigger

#34

Post by Dave2 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:14 pm

RogueUSMC wrote:
Liberty wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
Ruark wrote:The ugly question of "battery life" arises.
Eh, the battery is only used for the "digital" mode. Unless their design ends up being horrible, I wouldn't worry about it.
How it behaves when the unit fails is important. Battery failures in a device like this might cause some erratic behaviours. Anything that is small, and combines digital with solenoids is subject to strange behavior under low power conditions.
Like power steering when the pump goes out...
I suppose it depends on exactly what they mean by "none of these modes are affected by the battery" (with "these" referring to "safe" and "mechanical semi-auto"). From how they've described it, there's no reason the selector switch couldn't be the power switch as well. If they did it that way, any low-battery strangeness would go away as soon as you put the selector in the 1st or 2nd position, because at that point the electronics would be completely unpowered.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

User avatar

gtolbert09
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Flower Mound,Tx

Re: AR digital trigger

#35

Post by gtolbert09 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:13 pm

https://youtu.be/oFSgeWV7hzA

Fostech Echo Trigger video by IraqVeteran8888
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

User avatar

Beiruty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 9271
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Allen, Texas

Re: AR digital trigger

#36

Post by Beiruty » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:02 pm

I like the new version. I hope it is safe and stay legal for while. I may order one after I got my bonus if I do not have to sell a defective kidney of mine.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

User avatar

E10
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:07 am
Location: El Paso

Re: AR digital trigger

#37

Post by E10 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:25 pm

All my guns have "digital" triggers - to shoot, I press the trigger with my index digit. :coolgleamA:

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 25462
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: AR digital trigger

#38

Post by The Annoyed Man » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:59 am

gtolbert09 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:13 pm
https://youtu.be/oFSgeWV7hzA

Fostech Echo Trigger video by IraqVeteran8888
A friend of my son's, who comes over frequently so my son can help him with gun mods, has a binary trigger in his AR based PCC. He loves it. He showed me a video of him shooting it, and the rate of fire was definitely "enhanced". So as to provide no fuel for the antigun fire, that’s all I’ll say about it.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1803
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: AR digital trigger

#39

Post by TreyHouston » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:06 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:59 am
gtolbert09 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:13 pm
https://youtu.be/oFSgeWV7hzA

Fostech Echo Trigger video by IraqVeteran8888
A friend of my son's, who comes over frequently so my son can help him with gun mods, has a binary trigger in his AR based PCC. He loves it. He showed me a video of him shooting it, and the rate of fire was definitely "enhanced". So as to provide no fuel for the antigun fire, that’s all I’ll say about it.
So if you have the trigger pulled, your committed to another shot? What if you don’t want the next shot? :???:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:


jason812
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1319
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: AR digital trigger

#40

Post by jason812 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:22 am

TreyHouston wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:06 am
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:59 am
gtolbert09 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:13 pm
https://youtu.be/oFSgeWV7hzA

Fostech Echo Trigger video by IraqVeteran8888
A friend of my son's, who comes over frequently so my son can help him with gun mods, has a binary trigger in his AR based PCC. He loves it. He showed me a video of him shooting it, and the rate of fire was definitely "enhanced". So as to provide no fuel for the antigun fire, that’s all I’ll say about it.
So if you have the trigger pulled, your committed to another shot? What if you don’t want the next shot? :???:
Put it on safety.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 25462
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: AR digital trigger

#41

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:18 pm

jason812 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:22 am
TreyHouston wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:06 am
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:59 am
gtolbert09 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:13 pm
https://youtu.be/oFSgeWV7hzA

Fostech Echo Trigger video by IraqVeteran8888
A friend of my son's, who comes over frequently so my son can help him with gun mods, has a binary trigger in his AR based PCC. He loves it. He showed me a video of him shooting it, and the rate of fire was definitely "enhanced". So as to provide no fuel for the antigun fire, that’s all I’ll say about it.
So if you have the trigger pulled, your committed to another shot? What if you don’t want the next shot? :???:
Put it on safety.
This.....OR....you can switch it back to "semi".
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.


Rob72
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:08 am
Location: Gulf Coast

Re: AR digital trigger

#42

Post by Rob72 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:13 pm

People get antsy around the Fostech, but it is a safe, reliable system. ALG isn't quite as snappy, but is quite a bit cheaper.

Either option is about the same as running a Ghost Rocket 3# connector with a Vickers flat trigger on a Glock- double tap on-target in the recoil impulse.

Post Reply

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”