Gloves while shooting?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Allons
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gloves while shooting?

Post by Allons »

I don't think I will ever use gloves here due to weather just not being cold enough.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

equin

Post by equin »

I brought a pair of gloves to use in some of the obstacles at a run n gun biathlon and forgot to put them on at a stage that required climbing over an 8-10 ft high chain link fence. Ended up cutting my hand and finger and got blood all over my rifle and gear. I later put them and found it inconvenient and time-consuming taking them off and putting them back after the shooting stages. I should’ve practiced shooting with them on and kept them on the whole time.

Anyway, I used a pair of mechanix wear type knock offs from Autozone that were a little over half their price. These were the strapless kind, which I prefer. A bit easier and faster to take off than the kind with the little adjustable straps that go around the wrist. They got real dirty and muddy at the run n gun event, though, and I eventually took them off for good because of that.
Ed

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I've considered wearing shooting gloves in the past. It seemed like a good idea and I think I've even tried it a couple times. I can certainly remember doing it at least once for a shotgun match. For that it was okay, but it was pretty cold.

I understand there are some special folks that wear gloves when they shoot and the more I thought about it I think I was just trying to emulate what the pros do. For my everyday routine and excursions out into public I will probably never be wearing gloves. So, adhering to the practice real life situations thought, leaves me to shooting without gloves. Since I will probably never be wearing gloves when out and about anyway I don't see any reason to practice with them.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”