GUN BROKER

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

puma guy
Posts in topic: 8

Re: GUN BROKER

Post by puma guy »

Beiruty wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:Gun Broker is actually too good. I have never had a problem except that I need an intervention to stay off that site, it is costing me thousands! :biggrinjester:
I am in your camp. Nearly all my firearms acquisitions are via GB. Stay away, do not look or you will be bankrupt for a long time....
:patriot: :patriot: :txflag:
Beiruty, I don't have your budget, but I succumb way too often myself. I recently picked up two new Gun Broker purchases from my FFL. He charges $15 for CHL/LTC transfers and he only made me pay for one. There are some listed on my area that are only $10, but I don't know them. Got a little H&R Topper .410 from GT Distributing for my grand kids and a nice little Winchester Model 490 .22 LR semi-auto for me. It looks and is sized like the Winchester Model 100 semi-auto. I always tell myself I'll sell something, but I never do it! :lol:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

I purchased one item through Gun Broker. I notified the FFL that I was going to use him. All good. The gun was delivered to me and not the FFL. What a mess. Took the gun to FFL, did required paperwork, etc. Notified the seller that they could have been in serious trouble but they never responded. Got the firearm that I wanted but the seller (with many positive ratings) could have really complicated the deal. My FFL charges $10. Anyone else ever have that kind of problem?

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

rotor wrote:I purchased one item through Gun Broker. I notified the FFL that I was going to use him. All good. The gun was delivered to me and not the FFL. What a mess. Took the gun to FFL, did required paperwork, etc. Notified the seller that they could have been in serious trouble but they never responded. Got the firearm that I wanted but the seller (with many positive ratings) could have really complicated the deal. My FFL charges $10. Anyone else ever have that kind of problem?
Oops! Never had anyone ship a firearm directly to me, only my FFL. I had a seller ship a Ruger SA revolver to my FFL via the USPS which is a no-no.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beiruty »

rotor wrote:I purchased one item through Gun Broker. I notified the FFL that I was going to use him. All good. The gun was delivered to me and not the FFL. What a mess. Took the gun to FFL, did required paperwork, etc. Notified the seller that they could have been in serious trouble but they never responded. Got the firearm that I wanted but the seller (with many positive ratings) could have really complicated the deal. My FFL charges $10. Anyone else ever have that kind of problem?
The FFL has to contact the seller to send a digital copy of his FFL as well as shipping instructions.
My FFL Tom Hart, of Hart Sports in Plano, TX (off Legacy) charges CHLers $10, $20 for those who are not.

The only time that you do not need to use an FFL is when you are shipping back a firearm to the original manufacture for warranty work. (No transfer of ownership)
Last edited by Beiruty on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

rotor

Post by rotor »

puma guy wrote:
Oops! Never had anyone ship a firearm directly to me, only my FFL. I had a seller ship a Ruger SA revolver to my FFL via the USPS which is a no-no.
From what I have read a FFL can ship a hand gun to another FFL by USPS...

"Handguns can only be sent by an FFL holder to an FFL holder. A postal form PS 1508 is filed with each handgun shipment where the sender certifies that they and the recipient are FFL licensed dealers, manufacturers or importers."
Attachments
Buy-Sell-Guns-Online.pdf
(2.7 MiB) Downloaded 39 times

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

rotor wrote:
puma guy wrote:
From what I have read a FFL can ship a hand gun to another FFL by USPS...

"Handguns can only be sent by an FFL holder to an FFL holder. A postal form PS 1508 is filed with each handgun shipment where the sender certifies that they and the recipient are FFL licensed dealers, manufacturers or importers."
Right! It was an individual seller not a FFL seller who shipped it. Should have mentioned that.

FCH

Post by FCH »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I just tried to bid on a gun there but apparently there is a $1.00 fee to register before you can bid on anything. It's only a buck, but I'm not sure I like the idea of giving the auction site my CC info. Seems odd to be charging bidders as opposed to sellers.
I didn't pay anything to register or bid. Is that something new?
NRA Member
TSRA Member

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

FCH wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:I just tried to bid on a gun there but apparently there is a $1.00 fee to register before you can bid on anything. It's only a buck, but I'm not sure I like the idea of giving the auction site my CC info. Seems odd to be charging bidders as opposed to sellers.
It's been so long since I registered I'd forgotten that I had a $1.00 charge when I signed up. It was eventually refunded if I remember right. They do not charge buyers any fees. GB has always been on the up and up for me as a buyer and seller.

FCH

Post by FCH »

puma guy wrote:
FCH wrote:
It's been so long since I registered I'd forgotten that I had a $1.00 charge when I signed up. It was eventually refunded if I remember right. They do not charge buyers any fees. GB has always been on the up and up for me as a buyer and seller.
I was pretty sure I did not pay any fee so I went exploring and found this:
Gunbroker.com wrote:We charge users of free email services, such as Gmail, Yahoo, or AOL, or services which we have identified as employing a loose identity verification protocol, a one-time activation fee of $1.00 to verify their identity.
Since my email is tied to my Internet service provider, I didn't have to pay the fee.
NRA Member
TSRA Member

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

FCH wrote:
puma guy wrote:
FCH wrote:
I was pretty sure I did not pay any fee so I went exploring and found this:
Gunbroker.com wrote:We charge users of free email services, such as Gmail, Yahoo, or AOL, or services which we have identified as employing a loose identity verification protocol, a one-time activation fee of $1.00 to verify their identity.
Since my email is tied to my Internet service provider, I didn't have to pay the fee.
You have refreshed my memory. I use AOL and I recall that explanation. I'm pretty sure I got it back at some point.

Topic author
swilkes
Posts in topic: 6

Post by swilkes »

ok I found the gun I wanna buy. once I press buy it now how do I get him the FFL? my FFl guy sent a copy to me in text? can I email him the pic?

so they will ship it ti the mailing address on the FFL? or do I need toget a hold of him to verify??

rotor

Post by rotor »

swilkes wrote:ok I found the gun I wanna buy. once I press buy it now how do I get him the FFL? my FFl guy sent a copy to me in text? can I email him the pic?

so they will ship it ti the mailing address on the FFL? or do I need toget a hold of him to verify??
This is all under the help section on gunbroker under "Buyer". You need to make sure you notify your FFL before buying. Also make sure he is registered with gunbroker as this makes it easier but it is not required. You can search on gunbroker to see if they have your FFL. They ship to the FFL (except in my case they screwed up and shipped to me). The whole thing is not difficult but read the instructions on gunbroker.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”