S&W Rebate

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 8

S&W Rebate

Post by Lynyrd »

I got an email this week from Smith & Wesson regarding their rebate program. I have not received mine yet, and when I click the link in the email and enter my information, the third party site says "there is no record of a claim with that information." Here is the email I received signed by the president of Smith & Wesson.
Dear Valued Smith & Wesson Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase and on behalf of Smith & Wesson firearms, I would like to personally apologize for the delay you have experienced in receiving your rebate on this purchase. Typically we are able to process rebates within a few weeks of receipt, and our recent performance does not meet our standard.

The “Savings You Can Carry” program has been very popular, and the tremendous response we received temporarily overwhelmed our systems. I have personally overseen our correction of the situation, and am committing to you that if you submitted your rebate in the month of April, your rebate submission will be processed no later than July 7, 2017. If you submitted your rebate in the month of May, your rebate submission will be processed no later than July 31, 2017.

Nothing is more important to us than your loyalty. Please accept our sincerest apologies and our appreciation for your patience, as well as your dedication to the products we are so proud to deliver.

Regards,

Matt Buckingham
President, Smith & Wesson Firearms

To check the status of your rebate, visit http://www.rebateinquiryonline.com. If you have additional questions please call the consumer rebate inquiry line at 1-866-963-7933 or the Smith & Wesson customer service department at 1 (800) 331-0852.
Has anyone else received their rebate check? Is anyone else having problems?
Do what you say you're gonna do.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 5

Re: S&W Rebate

Post by carlson1 »

I received the same email. When I click the link I get the message about my rebate and purchase from 2010. :confused5

JakeTheSnake
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JakeTheSnake »

Same email and same results on status?
Sadness prevails! :confused5

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TreyHouston »

They weren't sending them out a few weeks ago according to S&W forum. Guess they were getting too many calls. My SN stamp is so light, i hope i filled it out correctly!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

striker55
Posts in topic: 10

Post by striker55 »

Got the same email, when I checked the status nothing was found. When I called the number, mailbox was full. Even though I did the online rebate I've decided to mail in the rebate form to be safe.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Lynyrd wrote:I got an email this week from Smith & Wesson regarding their rebate program. I have not received mine yet, and when I click the link in the email and enter my information, the third party site says "there is no record of a claim with that information." Here is the email I received signed by the president of Smith & Wesson.
Dear Valued Smith & Wesson Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase and on behalf of Smith & Wesson firearms, I would like to personally apologize for the delay you have experienced in receiving your rebate on this purchase. Typically we are able to process rebates within a few weeks of receipt, and our recent performance does not meet our standard.

The “Savings You Can Carry” program has been very popular, and the tremendous response we received temporarily overwhelmed our systems. I have personally overseen our correction of the situation, and am committing to you that if you submitted your rebate in the month of April, your rebate submission will be processed no later than July 7, 2017. If you submitted your rebate in the month of May, your rebate submission will be processed no later than July 31, 2017.

Nothing is more important to us than your loyalty. Please accept our sincerest apologies and our appreciation for your patience, as well as your dedication to the products we are so proud to deliver.

Regards,

Matt Buckingham
President, Smith & Wesson Firearms

To check the status of your rebate, visit http://www.rebateinquiryonline.com. If you have additional questions please call the consumer rebate inquiry line at 1-866-963-7933 or the Smith & Wesson customer service department at 1 (800) 331-0852.
Has anyone else received their rebate check? Is anyone else having problems?
Thanks for posting, I was wondering where mine was

dlh
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dlh »

Thanks for the link. I checked my status and it simply said received. No other indication.

I trust Smith and Wesson (so far). They may be a "day late" but I would be shocked if they are a "dollar short." :cool:
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I tried to check my status, but it only shows the Burris Fastfire III that was the free offer with my Burris AR-332. That's not encouraging.

Chas.

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

If a company intends to make good on a rebate submitted online, why wouldn't they send email confirming receipt?
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

krieghoff

Post by krieghoff »

The emails sent are a confirmation of the receipt of the rebate form. Typically a company uses an outside firm to handle the rebates for them. That's the case here. When you "log in" to that address, it's not Smith & Wesson's address, it's that of the company handling the rebate for Smith & Wesson. Those that logged in and got a notice for something other than the S&W rebate had sent in a rebate form for something else through time and it happened to be handled by this same "rebate" company and the info matched.
I got my notice by email and I'm not worried. It said it would take 8-10 weeks when I filed it. Sounds sorta like those people that just filed for their CHL yesterday and want to get it tomorrow!! :biggrinjester:
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Native Texan
CHL Holder Since 1996

comp73
Posts in topic: 2

Post by comp73 »

I called into 1-866-963-7933 and was able to get my rebate confirmed. When I asked about the online inquiry not working, she told me to just enter zip code and last name. I tried that and it worked. Lists my rebate as a "valid submission received".
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. -Thomas Jefferson

rentz
Posts in topic: 8

Post by rentz »

comp73 wrote:I called into 1-866-963-7933 and was able to get my rebate confirmed. When I asked about the online inquiry not working, she told me to just enter zip code and last name. I tried that and it worked. Lists my rebate as a "valid submission received".
still doesnt find mine, but i did get the email.

JayM09

Post by JayM09 »

comp73 wrote:I called into 1-866-963-7933 and was able to get my rebate confirmed. When I asked about the online inquiry not working, she told me to just enter zip code and last name. I tried that and it worked. Lists my rebate as a "valid submission received".
Thank you, just tried this as well and it worked.

apostate

Post by apostate »

I didn't get an email and the website shows not found. I guess I need to resubmit online tonight and if it's not showing by Thursday, re-resubmit. Maybe hard copies too.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”