Shipping a firearm door to door in TX

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

SigM4
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Shipping a firearm door to door in TX

Post by SigM4 »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:46 pm Also while researching this, has anybody heard of the service that Bud's is offering called https://www.shipmygun.com/? Might try this next time as it looks like it might save me around $30 shipping to the same location.
Check out post #23 on page 2 of this topic where ShipMyGun is discussed.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:02 pm I have also been able to ship a firearm to an individual in Texas, using Fed Ex I believe. There is a legal requirement to notify the shipping company that you are shipping a gun. I chose to do this via e-mail so I would have a written record of the notification, but other than that hassle it was pretty easy.

If you want to make the process even easier, or if you are shipping a gun to an FFL out of state, I have recently used the Ship My Gun service that is owned by Buds gun shop. They take care of everything, and it is fairly inexpensive. I paid $32 to ship a handgun to Virginia plus another $9 for optional insurance. They sent me a Fed Ex label that I just attached to the box.
That’s convenient!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

Tom Hart at Hart Sports is FFL. He is in Plano and a great guy. I have used him to ship a gun. Several years ago but I believe that a FFL can ship via USPS.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Scott B. »

mrvmax wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:40 pm Does he charge a transfer fee? If he’s a high volume shipper he gets much better rates. It cost me about $30 for postage and insurance on a handgun, it’s even more if it’s an expensive gun. All firearms shipped USPas have to be dropped off in person at the post office, anything UPS over $1000 has to go to their terminal so it takes time dropping them off. Most times the big three shippers don’t know their own rules, I have to tell new employees at my post office what to do.
We have our USPS driver pick up our outbound all the time. All you have to do is fill out the 1508 form for the postmaster and give that to your carrier along with the package.

UPS/FedEx will pick up high value outbound packages.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mrvmax »

Scott B. wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:58 pm
mrvmax wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:40 pm Does he charge a transfer fee? If he’s a high volume shipper he gets much better rates. It cost me about $30 for postage and insurance on a handgun, it’s even more if it’s an expensive gun. All firearms shipped USPas have to be dropped off in person at the post office, anything UPS over $1000 has to go to their terminal so it takes time dropping them off. Most times the big three shippers don’t know their own rules, I have to tell new employees at my post office what to do.
We have our USPS driver pick up our outbound all the time. All you have to do is fill out the 1508 form for the postmaster and give that to your carrier along with the package.

UPS/FedEx will pick up high value outbound packages.
When I print out the UPS shipping labels it specifically states it has to go to a hub and cannot go to a driver or UPS store so that’s what I do. I also have to get the receiving clerks signature on a form that prints out. I could just ignore it but I don’t want to give them a reason to deny an insurance claim. I’ll have to ask my Postal carrier, they aren’t to familiar with shipping firearms.

RandyM

Post by RandyM »

What I understand that shipping a long gun from individual to individual within the state is legal, and most shippers will ship.
While shipping handguns from individual to individual within the state is also legal, most carriers require an FFL on one end?

rotor

Post by rotor »

RandyM wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:15 pm What I understand that shipping a long gun from individual to individual within the state is legal, and most shippers will ship.
While shipping handguns from individual to individual within the state is also legal, most carriers require an FFL on one end?
This may be helpful...
Attachments
Shipping.pdf
(111.38 KiB) Downloaded 105 times

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

aaangel wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:57 pm
also when picking a location check the "dangerous good shipping" box. but yeah get ready to pay! last time i shipped using fedex, i got "robbed"! :grumble
Why didn't you drive it yourself?
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

aaangel
Posts in topic: 5

Post by aaangel »

chamberc wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:57 pm
also when picking a location check the "dangerous good shipping" box. but yeah get ready to pay! last time i shipped using fedex, i got "robbed"! :grumble
Didn’t really want to drive to Virginia....
'got to Texas ASAIC.

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

aaangel wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:29 am
chamberc wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:57 pm
Didn’t really want to drive to Virginia....
Ah, sounds like you didn't get robbed, but got a good deal!
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”