Your Most Accurate Rifle?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Your Most Accurate Rifle?

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Remington 700 VSF in .308, with 26” heavy profile fluted barrel, in HS Precision stock, with Timney trigger @ 2.25 lbs, and a SWFA 5-20x50 SSHD.

4 rounds into 3/8” groups at 100 yards with 175 grain SMK over 44 grains of Varget. I once hit half of an orange clay pigeon on the 800 yard berm at ETTS with it.

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Beiruty »

TAM, Very nice rifle.
Get ready Lonestar Gun Club in Mesquite would reopen soon. I already signed up for 2018 Membership.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by C-dub »

My most accurate rifle has to be the DPMS AR-10 I bought from TAM a couple years ago. However, I don't spend enough time with it to be as proficient with it as it can be. Right now, I'm shooting my regular old M4 with some surprising accuracy since putting my 4x ACOG on it. Part of my problem is that I don't get to shoot often enough and when I do most of the time it is shotgun stuff like 5-stand, skeet with my daughter, or sporting clays.

I do have a few pretty accurate older rifles that only have iron sights.

I think the next time I can get out to shoot my rifles I'll put my M4 up against the AR-10 at 100 and then 200 yards and see what happens.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”