Collection (Inventory) software

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
1wise1
Posts in topic: 1

Collection (Inventory) software

Post by 1wise1 »

Anybody recommend a program or piece of software recording all your guns,ammunition, and the other "stuff" we keep. (like spare Tru Glo red and green sight parts, magazine springs, Glock assembly pins. There are a few offered on line but it looks like mostly Windows.
Buds is offering an app for iPhones called GunDB but it looks like everything has to be input by hand.. I've already done that on an Excel spread sheet and don't look forward to hand typing it all over again into my phone... plus, I've got old eyes... and a spread sheet on an iPhone 8 looks like flakes of pepper in the gravy. I'm not a windows guy, so need either a Mac or open source program.
"Search" has not been my friend.
Certified Glock Armorer
Combine ignorance, arrogance and low altitude, and the result is guaranteed to be spectacular.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Collection (Inventory) software

Post by Liberty »

Checkout Libre Office and roll your own .. You should be able to import your Excel into a supported database. Libre Office is a suite of software comparable to MSoft Office but it is free. Works well on Windows Linux and Apple. You will need Java Runtime to run the Database portion "Base".

Running a Microsoft product on an Apple computer seems so wrong...
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

Somebody on here many years ago posted one they had made in Access. I just searched for it an cant find it now, maybe somebody can link it again.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

strogg

Post by strogg »

Buds Gun Shop just released a GunDB mobile app that looks pretty good. I downloaded it this morning, and it seemed pretty straightforward and intuitive. The only two downsides is the lack of reload data storage and the "get deals at buds" links strewn all over the place. The latter is to be expected, though, as it is their app after all. Hopefully they'll add reload data to the app at some point.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

I'm pretty low tech in this respect. No databases for me - I have a simple spreadsheet uploaded to Google Drive that has two sections.
The upper section is for firearms that I own. When I sell one, I move the full line down the the lower section which has the same headers, plus two more columns.

Since they are on Google Drive, I can access them from my PC, or from the Google Drive app on my phone.
FA Log.PNG
FA Log.PNG (7.13 KiB) Viewed 1533 times
FA Log 2.PNG
FA Log 2.PNG (6.29 KiB) Viewed 1533 times
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Zombified

Post by Zombified »

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nator.free

I use the paid version of this app. The free version only allows you to input 5 firearms. It allows you to track many things about each firearm with pictures and backup capability. It allows you to print bill of sale and create pdf copies of your firearm data. There is a import from csv feature, but have never tried it.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

I am not sure how a specialized gun inventory would differ from a household inventory prograam. Perhaps that might be easier to find.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”