Why'd you have to go and do that? :lol:

It's not in .45 thankfully hehe.
Psalm 91:2

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Ruger announces pistol caliber carbine in 9mm

Post by bblhd672 »

I asked Ruger rep at NRA meeting about additional calibers. He just smiled and said Ruger is a public company so we’re not allowed to talk about what may or may not be in development.

I got mine in April and really enjoy shooting it. First time out shot a variety of ammo just using the iron sights, which were right on with no adjustments needed. Put an inexpensive red dot and bipod on it after that. Just bought a Holosun micro red dot for it so another trip to the range to zero that is in order.
I did have a couple of failures to eject last range session after couple hundred rounds of S&B 115gr, after ran out of that I shot Remington UMC the rest of the time with no failures.
One change I’ve read about people doing is moving the bolt handle to the left side so you don’t have to let go of the stock with right hand to operate the bolt, I am going to make that change on mine as it seems easier to reach for the bolt left handed when the bolt needs to be manipulated, at least when using a bipod. Actually wonder if you can put a bolt handle on both sides? Don’t know if there’s enough width in the bolt to completely tighten down a handle from both sides, or if the additional weight would cause any issues.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 1

Post by E.Marquez »

Nice, if I carried a glock Id be looking hard at this one.
If they come out with a SA XD compatible magwell Id be interested as well.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K.Mooneyham »

E.Marquez wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:36 am Nice, if I carried a glock Id be looking hard at this one.
I think the modular design of the magazine well lends itself for a variety of different wells being produced, at least for the most popular handgun types, that is. Springfield's XD series would certainly seem to be an attractive one, as well as S&W's M&P, and SIG's 9mm P226/9, etc. There really is a minimum of effort to change out the well, just a couple of screws.

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:51 am
E.Marquez wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:36 am Nice, if I carried a glock Id be looking hard at this one.
I think the modular design of the magazine well lends itself for a variety of different wells being produced, at least for the most popular handgun types, that is. Springfield's XD series would certainly seem to be an attractive one, as well as S&W's M&P, and SIG's 9mm P226/9, etc. There really is a minimum of effort to change out the well, just a couple of screws.
:iagree: Would like to see one for S&W M&P.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

rp_photo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rp_photo »

I got on recently after being dissatisfied with the HiPoint 995TS, which some swear by but I found to be prone to FTF's that didn't go away after several range sessions. The Ruger shot flawlessly the first time with 3 brands of standard and NATO 115 to 125 grain ammo.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”