Concealed carry pants, reinforced waistline *patent pending

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

User avatar

Topic author
allisji
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:44 am
Location: Seabrook

Concealed carry pants, reinforced waistline *patent pending

#1

Post by allisji » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:39 am

Ok, so now that I got your attention. I am going to pitch my shark tank idea.

So... gun belts are so stiff and so thick and they don't even fit in belt loops of some of the pants that I own.

My new pants come with a plastic or steel stiffening insert in the waistband of the pants. A standard IWB holster clip with automatically "click" into place even without a gunbelt.

For the ultimate in concealment you can wear your belt OVER the clips so that the clips are not even visible.



--------------
So does anyone out there already make these pants, or should I pitch this idea on Shark Tank?

:tiphat:
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state rep Dennis Paul about co-sponsoring HB560.

User avatar

Pariah3j
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 861
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:03 pm
Location: Webster

Re: Concealed carry pants, reinforced waistline *patent pending

#2

Post by Pariah3j » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:52 am

Image

"rlol"

On a more serious note, it sounds interesting, would have to see them\try them on before I would know if I'd like it
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson


superstar
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:26 am

Re: Concealed carry pants, reinforced waistline *patent pending

#3

Post by superstar » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:59 am

The plastic would be feasible and economical as opposed to metal. If you plan to fly you might have to take your pants off or get the famous TSA's borderline sexual groping.


WTR
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: Concealed carry pants, reinforced waistline *patent pending

#4

Post by WTR » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:01 am

Personally, I have a 1 3/4" Beltman gun belt. The belt fits all my various pant ( from Wranglers to Suit). I would not have the need.

User avatar

Topic author
allisji
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:44 am
Location: Seabrook

Re: Concealed carry pants, reinforced waistline *patent pending

#5

Post by allisji » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:04 am

I was watching some reviews on the Ulti-clips and seeing people clip the Ulti clip to the waistband of their jeans when I got this idea.

Gun-belts are expensive and if you have one in black leather, one in brown leather, one in black nylon and one in tan nylon. Well... you could have CC Pants. They could make blue jeans, khaki slacks, tactical BDUs, whatever style or pattern you want. Then you can just wear a $20 belt to cover your holster clips and carry your cell phone, flashlight, pocketknife, etc.

I would buy them.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state rep Dennis Paul about co-sponsoring HB560.

User avatar

Topic author
allisji
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:44 am
Location: Seabrook

Re: Concealed carry pants, reinforced waistline *patent pending

#6

Post by allisji » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:04 am

superstar wrote:The plastic would be feasible and economical as opposed to metal. If you plan to fly you might have to take your pants off or get the famous TSA's borderline sexual groping.
good point... take about embarrassing...
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state rep Dennis Paul about co-sponsoring HB560.

User avatar

n5wmk
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Lucas, TX

Re: Concealed carry pants, reinforced waistline *patent pending

#7

Post by n5wmk » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:12 am

So, this would be a "hidden" belt? The reinforcement would need to be removable for laundry and/or dry cleaning. Unless you're one of those people who never wash their blue jeans.... "rlol"
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Patriot Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

User avatar

Middle Age Russ
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1209
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Spring-Woodlands

Re: Concealed carry pants, reinforced waistline *patent pending

#8

Post by Middle Age Russ » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:25 am

The only issue I would have with an internally stiffened waistband in pants would be how to hang/fold them without taking up enormous amounts of space. The ability to pull the stiffener for washing, as mentioned by n5wmk, would certainly be a good idea and might be a way around the closet/shelf space issue.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 7829
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: Concealed carry pants, reinforced waistline *patent pending

#9

Post by Abraham » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:28 am

Doesn't appeal to me at all!


flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1756
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Concealed carry pants, reinforced waistline *patent pending

#10

Post by flechero » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:11 pm

allisji wrote:
So... gun belts are so stiff and so thick and they don't even fit in belt loops of some of the pants that I own.
I love the innovative thinking and wish you luck with the idea! It's not for me but it could be the ticket for many others.

My only observation is- done right, your pants waistband would be equally as stiff, wouldn't it?

I have no issue with jeans or slacks, even with a reinforced, double layer leather belt- maybe I am lucky. For my own use, I think a stiffer belt is actually more comfortable... you don't have to cinch them down on a heavy gun... although I bet each person's "shape" has a lot to do with that. :lol:


Tex1961
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:11 am
Location: Frisco, Texas

Re: Concealed carry pants, reinforced waistline *patent pending

#11

Post by Tex1961 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:39 pm

I run a small business where we come up with our own product ideas and put them out to the market. The logistics on this can be enormous. Time consuming and depending on the product, expensive... Expect to put out about 10k just on the patent itself.

I would be more than happy to chat with you over the phone, or if your in the Plano area, over lunch or something.. Maybe my 15 years of experience doing this might help you out...

Like you, I am currently in the design phase of a new firearm related product and am just about to bring it to market. I've been working on this for the past month averaging 4 - 6 hours per day on it.. And this is just a little small thing..

I think you are on to a good idea, I can see where there would be a market for the product. The problem is how big is that market, what % of that market would even be interested in your product, and then what % has the $$ to purchase it... It can start getting pretty small pretty quickly.

Then you will have to decide what size pants your going to offer... 28 thru 48 ????
Color
Material Type
Jeans
Shorts
Are you going to manufacture them yourself, or try and hook up with an existing brand??

The options, questions, decisions, etc just go on an on...

You might even end up with a completely different product by the time your finished...

Again, If you would like to chat, send me a PM with your cell phone # and I will call or text and we can go from there.

Mike
Beware of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

User avatar

Topic author
allisji
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:44 am
Location: Seabrook

Re: Concealed carry pants, reinforced waistline *patent pending

#12

Post by allisji » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:05 pm

flechero wrote:
allisji wrote:
So... gun belts are so stiff and so thick and they don't even fit in belt loops of some of the pants that I own.
I love the innovative thinking and wish you luck with the idea! It's not for me but it could be the ticket for many others.

My only observation is- done right, your pants waistband would be equally as stiff, wouldn't it?

I have no issue with jeans or slacks, even with a reinforced, double layer leather belt- maybe I am lucky. For my own use, I think a stiffer belt is actually more comfortable... you don't have to cinch them down on a heavy gun... although I bet each person's "shape" has a lot to do with that. :lol:
Yes, the pants would be equally as stiff, but you wouldn't have to thread the stiff belt through the little belt loops.

I'm only joking of course about the patent pending and the shark tank stuff. I just thought that it was an interesting idea and was mostly wondering if it already exists somewhere
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state rep Dennis Paul about co-sponsoring HB560.

User avatar

Topic author
allisji
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:44 am
Location: Seabrook

Re: Concealed carry pants, reinforced waistline *patent pending

#13

Post by allisji » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:07 pm

Tex1961 wrote:I run a small business where we come up with our own product ideas and put them out to the market. The logistics on this can be enormous. Time consuming and depending on the product, expensive... Expect to put out about 10k just on the patent itself.

I would be more than happy to chat with you over the phone, or if your in the Plano area, over lunch or something.. Maybe my 15 years of experience doing this might help you out...

Like you, I am currently in the design phase of a new firearm related product and am just about to bring it to market. I've been working on this for the past month averaging 4 - 6 hours per day on it.. And this is just a little small thing..

I think you are on to a good idea, I can see where there would be a market for the product. The problem is how big is that market, what % of that market would even be interested in your product, and then what % has the $$ to purchase it... It can start getting pretty small pretty quickly.

Then you will have to decide what size pants your going to offer... 28 thru 48 ????
Color
Material Type
Jeans
Shorts
Are you going to manufacture them yourself, or try and hook up with an existing brand??

The options, questions, decisions, etc just go on an on...

You might even end up with a completely different product by the time your finished...

Again, If you would like to chat, send me a PM with your cell phone # and I will call or text and we can go from there.

Mike
I appreciate the offer but I'm only joking about the patent pending and the shark tank stuff. I just thought that it was an interesting idea and was mostly wondering if it already exists somewhere
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state rep Dennis Paul about co-sponsoring HB560.


treadlightly
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1285
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: Concealed carry pants, reinforced waistline *patent pending

#14

Post by treadlightly » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:19 pm

Good thinking.

For completeness, though, the stiffener would need to be removable. Not only would that solve problems related to laundry and clothes storage, it would open up a whole new market.

Instead of removing the belt, nudists could remove the pants and still use your product. :biggrinjester:

Seriously, don't take my comment as jeering. Thinking of something new like that takes creativity. I just can't repress myself when a rogue idea does a mental negligent discharge in my age-weakened brains. Nudists. Really, that was unnecessary of me.

User avatar

Dirvin
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:18 pm
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Re: Concealed carry pants, reinforced waistline *patent pending

#15

Post by Dirvin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:22 pm

removable.. and adjustable? or is this for the segment of the population who's weight never fluctuates?
No Slack-slack is just half a pair of pants
-Charlie "Rowdy" Yates

Post Reply

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”