Crossbreed Super Tuck vs Freedom Carry

Post by Neverenough »

Anyone try both of these holsters? Comparisons? Pros/Cons? Thanks

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Crossbreed Super Tuck vs Freedom Carry

Post by Vol Texan »

Welcome to the forum.

I cannot provide you with comparison on the two, but I can provide you with feedback on the Crossbreed.

Actually, I posted this message some time ago, but I've reprinted it here for your convenience: /viewtopic.php?f=23&t=84202&p=1079838#p1079838
Vol Texan back in 2016 wrote:When I first bought my Crossbreed, I thought their turnaround time was terrible...but I learned something about them about a month ago.

After about 5 years of daily use, the Kydex on my Supertuck started to split. The gun still held OK, because it was IWB, but I knew it was only a matter of time until it split too far. I started shopping around for another IWB, and was about to buy one, when my wife suggested I take Crossbreed up on their warranty service.

So I did. I called, they told me what to do, and I sent it in. THREE DAYS LATER, they shipped me a new holster! No, not a repair of my old one, but a brand new holster.

So here's what I learned. #1 They honor their warranty. #2, They take care of their existing customers.

That #2 is very important to me. We live in a world where companies bend over backwards to get new customers, often at the expense of existing customers (Two free months if you sign up now! Well, what if I'm already a customer? Do I get two free months? No...that's only for NEW customers!). But Crossbreed, which provides a new customer a new holster in 6-8 weeks, put me, an existing customer, at the front of the line so they could give me something for free in only three days' time.

That level of service to existing customers means a lot to me. I'll continue to buy theirs as long as they do just that.

My wife and I both wear Crossbreed almost daily (some days I'll wear a Remora for a change of pace). I think it's a great investment.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

:iagree:

I could not be happier with my Crossbreed. Their CS is first rate. My experience with them has been exceptional.

kayt00
Posts in topic: 3

Post by kayt00 »

I just noticed that the kydex on my CB Supertuck is cracking after barely a year. Guess we'll find out if thier customer support is holding up. Should I call first or just send it in with the form from thier site?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

Mel

Post by Mel »

Yep, Crossbreed replaced my holster when I changed my carry piece. Yep, no charge. Super Service!
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

kayt00 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:53 pm I just noticed that the kydex on my CB Supertuck is cracking after barely a year. Guess we'll find out if thier customer support is holding up. Should I call first or just send it in with the form from thier site?
Just download the RMA form, and send it in. I've had to replace one, and it was a quick turn-around. Of course, I have 2 of them, and both are cracked, so both need to be sent back.

I know some manufacturers are using thicker kydex. I wonder if that would help with Crossbreed.
NRA lifetime member

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

Maybe, I'll ship it back on Tuesday and see what happens.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
Bring back BitterClinger

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

Just wanted to stop and reaffirm the thumbs up for Crossbreed again. I sent my holster in on the 15th with the RMA form. I got a brand new replacement yesterday and I'm glad to have it back. I called once to verify that they recieved it and due to a "high volume of calls" I had to leave a voicemail. They were the first company to ever call me back to let me know what was going on. I cannot recommend them enough.

By the way it does appear that the newer holsters use a slightly heavier kydex than my previous one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
Bring back BitterClinger

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”