Self defense fixed blade

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Self defense fixed blade

Post by Grundy1133 »

Rob72 wrote:I've carrired my CPs for years. Perfect niche blades.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01H810B ... linch+pick

Depends on your budget, and slap-n-tickle style, but for being readily indexed from the draw, easily concealed, legal length anywhere you can carry a fixed blade, and easily modified if you want to texture the grip, it's a best buy.

I am going to have to try one of those Watson PDs...
that one you linked i was looking at a few days ago .. i wasnt to sure about the sheathe tho. how does that work for vertical vs horizontal carrying? also does it allow for IWB?
NRA Member

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

NRA Member

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Abraham »

I think you mean "Tacti-dumb"...

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Rob72 wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote: that one you linked i was looking at a few days ago .. i wasnt to sure about the sheathe tho. how does that work for vertical vs horizontal carrying? also does it allow for IWB?
It is optimized for centerline horizontal carry. Typically, it is set up for off-side draw. For a righty, that means it is just to the left of a beltbuckle, handle to the left. With a 1.5-1.75" belt, it will hang somewhat at an angle, pointing at the inguinal crease.

Left hand draw brings the blade out facing forward, edge up. Right hand draw presents RGEI.

The sheath is compatible with a small Tek-lok, probably the best way to mount for a vertical draw.

It is probably a good bit smaller than you think.

IWB is certainly possible, either with an RCS clip or loop strut, and a bit of modification, but it is challenging to see how this would be better carry, as it conceals completely with a standard fit t-shirt, untucked, horizontal or vertical.
I've got a big belly so I imagine having it OWB i could still have it in deep deep concealment. lol
NRA Member

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Ka-bar TDI is excellant. Or the cold steel kobun. Several LEO’s use the TDI for a last ditch get off me or get your hand off my gun tool. Will sit right behind a mag pouch. NSR makes a great sheath for it.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

If you're still hunting an EDC fixed blade, a CRKT minimalist on my belt. The belt slide/loop is configurable however you'd like it and it fit's my 1 1/2 amish leather belt. Yes it's small, no the steel isn't the best but for what I'm assuming youre wanting to use it for, it'll do the job so you can get to your gun.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

kayt00 wrote:If you're still hunting an EDC fixed blade, a CRKT minimalist on my belt. The belt slide/loop is configurable however you'd like it and it fit's my 1 1/2 amish leather belt. Yes it's small, no the steel isn't the best but for what I'm assuming youre wanting to use it for, it'll do the job so you can get to your gun.
I finally settled on a SOG Instinct. its small and concealable and can be mounted 360 degrees. horizontal vertical diagonal. its a nice little knife. ive practiced drawing it with left and right hands it isnt too difficult to get to. once i can convince myself to spend the money on it, i wanna get a clinch pick.
NRA Member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Grundy1133 wrote:this is the epitome of "Tacticool" :lol: :lol: :lol: https://www.amazon.com/Cyclone-Tri-Edge ... ixed+blade
That thing is overpriced by $69.00. I might pay 99¢ for it, to be used as tent stake or something like that.

It’s strictly for the guy who already has ONE OF THESE. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

txhighlander

Post by txhighlander »

Grundy1133 wrote:this is the epitome of "Tacticool" :lol: :lol: :lol: https://www.amazon.com/Cyclone-Tri-Edge ... ixed+blade
Isn’t that something you use on tv vampires? :biggrinjester:
Truth against the world

Pew Pew

Post by Pew Pew »

txhighlander wrote:
Isn’t that something you use on tv vampires? :biggrinjester:
It sure aint a sgian dubh.
I didn't choose the pew pew life; The the pew pew life chose me.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”