Hudson H9 - Own One? Review Please!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Hudson H9 - Own One? Review Please!

Post by MechAg94 »

Last I looked, someone had a Sphinx SDP Compact for sale on this forum. I don't think it ever sold. I am tempted, but I always seem to want something else first.

http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=90821
Last edited by MechAg94 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

MechAg94 wrote:Last I looked, someone had a Sphinx SDP Compact for sale on this forum. I don't think it ever sold. I am tempted, but I always seem to want someone else first.

Believe me, I was very tempted. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

WildBill wrote:
MechAg94 wrote:Last I looked, someone had a Sphinx SDP Compact for sale on this forum. I don't think it ever sold. I am tempted, but I always seem to want someone else first.

Believe me, I was very tempted. :mrgreen:
It's still available

Rhino1

Post by Rhino1 »

I was fortunate to get to go to SHOT Show in 2017 where I got to see and handle the H9. Met the Hudson’s, both Army vets. I’ve been intrigued and have lusted after one ever since. Ordered from Bud‘s Guns, picked it up at my FFL on Monday, and took to the range on Wednesday. Set up three IDPA targets and ran about 150 rounds thru it in various drills, Mozambique, Bill Drill, transition drills, etc. All but a couple in Zero Down.
First impressions are top notch. Everything in the reviews is true about great trigger, low recoil, low bore access, no muzzle flip are true. If anything still TBD relates to the sights. Have to shoot it more but, in all fairness, I have multiple M&Ps, two XDMs, two G19s, and STI Trojan...none that still have the stock sights.
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Rhino1

Post by Rhino1 »

Oh, one other thing, not a lot of holster/mag holder options yet. Found both from DSG but they are only OK. Would like to see Comp Tac offer both.
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

jason812
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jason812 »

Us at work make fun of this 1911/Glock love child. Got to play with one at the NRA convention. My buddy and I made an agreement not to tell everybody else at work about how good it felt in your hand and how good the trigger was. The H9 booth was at the end of our trails that day as we started on the otherside. So saying how good it felt says a lot cause we felt plenty of nice 1911's beforehand. We want to hate it but can't after actually picking one up.

They had the aluminum framed models too, I think they weren't released for production yet though. If I remember correctly, they said it was half a pound lighter.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

I saw the H9A at the NRA show also. It definitely feels a lot lighter than the H9. Sounds like it will be later this year. They wouldn't predict a release date. I think they got burned doing that last year.

I was told the front sight was a standard front sight from an M&P or something like that. I haven't gone looking for one yet. I think the big dot front sight is growing on me. It does make it easy when shooting quickly.
Last edited by MechAg94 on Fri May 11, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Rhino1 wrote:Oh, one other thing, not a lot of holster/mag holder options yet. Found both from DSG but they are only OK. Would like to see Comp Tac offer both.
DeSantis sells a leather OWB holster for it. I got it through Amazon.

I bought a leather holster from KesterFarmTack.com at the NRA show. It is better than the DeSantis and the big tunnel style belt loops keep it snug on the belt and spread the weight. It is OWB also.

I keep getting attracted to guns that are too new or different to have good holster selection. I have a Rex Zero 1 Compact that I would love to find a leather holster for also.

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

In the general Houston area, if you want a great holster, call Triple T Holsters.

If you bring in your gun, they'll custom make a holster for you.

off 832-864-2389

cell 281-414-1505

They're in Kemah.

President: Robert Thompson

They make quality custom holsters at a reasonable price.

P.S. Be smart, don't bring in a loaded firearm for them to make a holster for...

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

They were up in Dallas also last weekend.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”