What are the gaps in your collection?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Re: What are the gaps in your collection?

Post by bblhd672 »

Venus Pax wrote:I would like an AR-15.

I know this isn't a very popular thing to say on a board like this one, but I really don't have a lot of guns. :oops:

No, it’s perfectly fine to have one or two. Wasn’t that long ago I had one.

There’s still good deals to be had for Modern Muskets (AR-15)!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jusme »

There are a lot of guns on my "wish list" but, for what I consider "needed guns" are a 12 gauge semi auto, with both a short "tactical" barrel and a full length for hunting. A semi auto in 308, a revolver in 357, and a pistol caliber carbine in 9 mm. I would like to outfit my entire family with an AR, just to have the available back up.
Last edited by Jusme on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Ruger Super Redhawk 44 mag
Bolt action 22lr
More Walthers
Custom high precision bolt action 7 mag
338 Lapua
Something in a wildcat, thinking 6x45 or 277 wolverine in an ar platform
Over under shotgun
1911 or a couple. Would like 1 in 10mm and of course one in 45
Bolt action 223, even though I have several ar's and a 204, there's something about a bolt action 223 that intrigues me.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I know this isn't a very popular thing to say on a board like this one, but I really don't have a lot of guns. :oops:
"...a lot of guns..." is is a relative term. I don't have a "lot" of guns but I do have more than I can carry or shoot at any given time.

As for an AR-15, Atwoods has the Ruger® AR-556® for $499.99 about every other week. It is a good rifle that will serve you well. I have one of them and a Bushmaster, both serve me well. This week, Atwoods is featuring the S&W MP Shield EZ for $369.99. I love mine.

BTW, I have no interest/connection in/to Atwoods but they do have fresh popcorn as you browse as well an occasional good sell on gun safes. Atwoods, a farm and ranch store, may not be available in the various crime ridden Texas' big cities?

Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Venus Pax »

Oldgringo wrote:

"...a lot of guns..." is is a relative term. I don't have a "lot" of guns but I do have more than I can carry or shoot at any given time.

As for an AR-15, Atwoods has the Ruger® AR-556® for $499.99 about every other week. It is a good rifle that will serve you well. I have one of them and a Bushmaster, both serve me well. This week, Atwoods is featuring the S&W MP Shield EZ for $369.99. I love mine.

BTW, I have no interest/connection in/to Atwoods but they do have fresh popcorn as you browse as well an occasional good sell on gun safes. Atwoods, a farm and ranch store, may not be available in the various crime ridden Texas' big cities?
I will have to look up Atwoods. Perhaps I can nudge Santa Claus in that direction by the end of the year. lol
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

If the right deal comes along, one of the following might fill a gap in my collection.
Semi-Auto 12 ga "tactical" shotgun -- FN SLP, Benelli, Mossberg 950 or similar
Benelli Ethos 12 ga
Browning (Belgium) Citori or Superposed 12 ga
LC Smith SxS 12 ga
HK P7M13
Dan Wesson (Monson) 445VH 8" or 10"
Dan Wesson (Monson) 715 pistol pack
Dan Wesson (Monson) 22 pistol pack
Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum 7.5" or 10.5"
S&W 29 10.625" with silhouette front site
S&W 686 5"
S&W 41 7.5"
Thomson Center Contender with .22, .44 Magnum and 7mmTCU barrels
Remington XP-100 in 7mmBR
Bren Ten
S&W 460
Ed Brown Kobra Carry or similar 1911
H&R Sportsman 999
LWRC AR-pattern carbine
Winchester 62
Marlin 1895 .45-70
Savage 99 .243 or .308
Calico M100 or M950
M1 Garand
M1 Carbine (WWII era)
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

A great skeet/sporting clays O/U shotgun.
4" S&W 357 revolver
National Match M1A
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

G26, Gen5

Ruger 10-22 takedown integrally suppressed upper

Maybe another .300 B0 pistol with an even shorter bbl (have 10.5") or an AR pistol chambered in .45 acp
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Oh and a crossbow. Everyone needs a crossbow. Knives... lots of knives! Oh and a 1959 Gibson Les Paul guitar. Oh lots of standard capacity mags. 1994 Porsche 964 turbo!

Hello my name is Ray. I have a problem!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

In the past I have never been a fan of the AR-15, Previous to my army enlistment I was a hunter and had shot the Ruger mini 14. My impressions of the M-16 soured me on the AR 15 platform, The M16 had a well earned reputation of jamming when most needed and getting good men killed. Mine had jammed so bad on me on a firing range it had to be sent back to the armorer with a round in the chamber. 50 years later things have changed. The AR15 is affordable to keep and feed and fun to shoot.

There are some guns are work tools to protect ourselves and our loved ones. Others are more for fun. Although my long guns could be used to defend my home and family, they are mostly for fun and the AR 15 is one of the most fun guns to shoot. I think you will find it a lot of fun to shoot.

BTW: welcome back to the forum, I have missed your insight and perspective on issues.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

-12 gauge O/U
-6.5 Creedmore for long range shooting
-M1 Carbine
-WWII vintage 1911
-Full auto(s) - Truth be told, as much as I’d like a couple full auto firearms, I have no use for them. I also fear the novelty would wear off rather quickly and before long they’d be nothing more than a fun toy to show off to new folks. Pray and spray isn’t much of an aiming technique in my book. Then there’s the whole issue of being able to feed them. I’d probably have to find a registered M-16 lower just so I could mate a .22 upper on it to be able to afford to shoot it regularly.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Venus Pax »

Liberty wrote: BTW: welcome back to the forum, I have missed your insight and perspective on issues.
Thank you, Liberty! Glad to be back.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Everybody starts somewhere. Having a single firearm is no disgrace; having many doesn't make you special. The main thing is you have taken the step to own one as a way to protect and defend yourself, your family and propery and actively support our most important right. Kudos to you. :tiphat:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Gunner4640

Post by Gunner4640 »

2 of everything made is what I am missing "rlol"
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

S & W 629 to go with my .460 and .500. Don’t ask me why, but I love big bore revolvers. Bought my 500 several years ago to carry when I took a hunting trip to Alaska. Added the 460 a couple of years ago.
Since I am basically a 1911 guy and have more than a few of them, along with an XD45 and a P938 that I inherited from my wife when she moved to a revolver, I am pretty well set. I have rifles and shotguns so okay there as well.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”