Bought a new toy

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 4

Bought a new toy

Post by gtolbert09 »

I really need to stop going to the Fort worth gun show. :) Picked up a Ruger PC9 carbine. It uses 9mm Ruger SR or Glock magazines. It also breaks down into 2 halves and would easily fit into a backpack. I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet.

USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

QB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Bought a new toy

Post by QB »

Nice, I've been thinking about one of those. Please let us know how it shoots!!! :cool:
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Please report back and let us know how it shoots.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

gtolbert09 wrote:I really need to stop going to the Fort worth gun show. :) Picked up a Ruger PC9 carbine. It uses 9mm Ruger SR or Glock magazines. It also breaks down into 2 halves and would easily fit into a backpack. I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet.

Looking forward to your range report. I've read a lot of reviews and watched some video reviews, generally good. Hickok45 did two reviews due to the first PC Carbine he got had problems with misfeeds from both Ruger and Glock magazines. The second did not have the same issues.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

circumspice_tuebor

Post by circumspice_tuebor »

I picked up mine at my local range last week. Immediately converted it to use Glock mags. Mine shot well with 115, 124 and 147 grain ammo. I noticed quite a bit more gas since the action is closer to your face than a 9mm pistol is.

I have no issue with its function, but oh my! this thing is homely. I hope Magpul produces a better looking stock like they do for the 10/22.
Micah 6:8

Topic author
gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

Well I took it to the range this morning and I’m impressed. It handled 115 gr and 147 gr with ease. Very accurate right out of the box.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Do you mind my asking how much you paid for yours? I have only seen one in person so far - a rental unit as a local range - and it was not for sale. :grumble

I sure wouldn’t mind having one though.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

ml1209

Post by ml1209 »

Congrats! for some reason I like PCC

Topic author
gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Do you mind my asking how much you paid for yours? I have only seen one in person so far - a rental unit as a local range - and it was not for sale. :grumble

I sure wouldn’t mind having one though.
They're running anywhere from $529 to $549. I saw 3 vendors at the Lewisville Tx Gunshow last weekend that had them. The lowest price there was $538. Most Vendors have them listed for $549 which is what I paid for mine.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

10 round model (communist state approved) in stock at Grab A Gun for $475. https://grabagun.com/ruger-pc-9mm-16-12 ... -fltd.html
Have to add your own 17 round magazines to get “freedom capacity”.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

bblhd672 wrote:10 round model (communist state approved) in stock at Grab A Gun for $475. https://grabagun.com/ruger-pc-9mm-16-12 ... -fltd.html
Or use the Glock Mag convertor that comes with it and use a 33 rd Glock mag.

The Ruger SR9 mags that it uses are about $40 for the 17 round.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

gtolbert09 wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:10 round model (communist state approved) in stock at Grab A Gun for $475. https://grabagun.com/ruger-pc-9mm-16-12 ... -fltd.html

That’s what I will do since I have several Glock 33 mags already.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

bblhd672 wrote:
gtolbert09 wrote:

That’s what I will do since I have several Glock 33 mags already.
I already have multiples of G26, G19, G17, and 33-round mags, so it doesn’t really matter to me which magazine the gun comes with, as long as the barrel is threaded to accept my pistol suppressor.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

circumspice_tuebor wrote:I picked up mine at my local range last week. Immediately converted it to use Glock mags. Mine shot well with 115, 124 and 147 grain ammo. I noticed quite a bit more gas since the action is closer to your face than a 9mm pistol is.

I have no issue with its function, but oh my! this thing is homely. I hope Magpul produces a better looking stock like they do for the 10/22.
I tried a couple of times to talk to a rep in the Magpul booth at NRA meeting to see if they knew of any plans to make aftermarket stock for the PCC. Neither time could I get any of them to quit talking to each other and pay attention to a customer.

I also talked to Ruger rep who was stationed in front of the PCC's in the Ruger booth about potential additional calibers or models. He just smiled and said because Ruger is public company he was unable to talk about it.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

bblhd672 wrote:
circumspice_tuebor wrote:I picked up mine at my local range last week. Immediately converted it to use Glock mags. Mine shot well with 115, 124 and 147 grain ammo. I noticed quite a bit more gas since the action is closer to your face than a 9mm pistol is.

I tried a couple of times to talk to a rep in the Magpul booth at NRA meeting to see if they knew of any plans to make aftermarket stock for the PCC. Neither time could I get any of them to quit talking to each other and pay attention to a customer.

I also talked to Ruger rep who was stationed in front of the PCC's in the Ruger booth about potential additional calibers or models. He just smiled and said because Ruger is public company he was unable to talk about it.
Since they can take Glock magazines, I would think they could adapt the design to fit pretty much any caliber Glock makes pistols for. The question is can it be done with a new barrel and bolt or not.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”