Do Own A Sig 365?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 10

Re: Do Own A Sig 365?

Post by Abraham »

Now, my interest in the Sig 365 is second to the Kel-Tec PMR-30.

Almost no recoil, meaning you get to stay on target, and the capacity, hoo-boy, 30+1 of .22 cal Magnum.

This cartridge has oommpph!

Far and away more potent than the .22 cal LR.

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 7

Post by cmgee67 »

Check out military arms channel and Harry’s holsters videos on YouTube. The firing pins on the 365s are breaking. They don’t show any early signs of it. They just break. Several have reported them breaking on the first magazine through the gun. Others have said it took 1000 rounds. This is do to bad heat treat and striker drag when it hits the primer of the cartridge. Sig has said this as well. I think sig is one of the most innovative gun manufacturers in the business but sometimes they don’t thoroughly test the gun before selling it. I understand all new guns pretty much have growing pains for the first year. Sig will get it right. I’m not a sig fan boy but they do make some mighty fine firearms and I have no doubt once they get this worked out it will be a good gun. What sig did with the 365 was raise the bar. They proved 10-12 rounds can be fitted in a gun that small so other companies will have to step up to the plate to stay relevant. I still prefer my Glock 43. I held the 365 and it didn’t feel right in my hands.

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Scott B. »

Abraham wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:30 am Now, my interest in the Sig 365 is second to the Kel-Tec PMR-30.

Almost no recoil, meaning you get to stay on target, and the capacity, hoo-boy, 30+1 of .22 cal Magnum.

This cartridge has oommpph!

Far and away more potent than the .22 cal LR.
PMR-30 is okay as long as front sights stay on, they tended to lose a few. :mrgreen:
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

DEB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DEB »

Two of my co-workers bought the Sig 365. Both of them lost their trigger return springs after firing only one magazine for my one and around 50 rounds for the other. The gun smith stated to both of them that this is a common problem he has been seeing. I don't know if it is or not, but when two people who you know went out and bought a firearm, and then shot said firearm and had the exact same problem, seems like an issue to me.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

This gun is definitely having issues. But I still ordered one as soon as I could find it in stock. It won't be my only gun, so I have others I can carry if this one has issues. And I have always had good experiences with Sig CS. So I guess we will see.

John Galt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by John Galt »

I held one the other day and decided that I will stick with my 43(with either of a 7 or 8 round mag). If I want more rounds than that, I will just carry my FNS 9c (12 rounds with the shorter mag).

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

John Galt wrote:I held one the other day and decided that I will stick with my 43(with either of a 7 or 8 round mag). If I want more rounds than that, I will just carry my FNS 9c (12 rounds with the shorter mag).

:iagree:
But if I want more I carry a Glock 19.

I have heard sigs customer service is really good as well but should there be something said about most sig owners I know end up sending their guns in a lot more than say everyone else I know who shoots Glock? Sorry I had to stir the pot.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

cmgee67 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:35 pm
John Galt wrote:I held one the other day and decided that I will stick with my 43(with either of a 7 or 8 round mag). If I want more rounds than that, I will just carry my FNS 9c (12 rounds with the shorter mag).

I have heard sigs customer service is really good as well but should there be something said about most sig owners I know end up sending their guns in a lot more than say everyone else I know who shoots Glock? Sorry I had to stir the pot.
It depends on the individual gun I would guess, unless there are some official stats available. Glocks do have a good reputation for reliability, but I have had to send a Glock back. And I had to send a Sig back. I've owned roughly the same number of guns from both brands.

If I had to guess, based only on reputation, I would probably guess that Glocks have the lowest failure rate of any mass produced semi-auto. But I have no stats to back that up.

John Galt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by John Galt »

cmgee67 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:35 pm

My 19 is my other carry gun when not carrying the FN.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

cmgee67 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 4:03 pm Check out military arms channel and Harry’s holsters videos on YouTube. The firing pins on the 365s are breaking. They don’t show any early signs of it. They just break. Several have reported them breaking on the first magazine through the gun. Others have said it took 1000 rounds. This is do to bad heat treat and striker drag when it hits the primer of the cartridge. Sig has said this as well. I think sig is one of the most innovative gun manufacturers in the business but sometimes they don’t thoroughly test the gun before selling it. I understand all new guns pretty much have growing pains for the first year. Sig will get it right. I’m not a sig fan boy but they do make some mighty fine firearms and I have no doubt once they get this worked out it will be a good gun. What sig did with the 365 was raise the bar. They proved 10-12 rounds can be fitted in a gun that small so other companies will have to step up to the plate to stay relevant. I still prefer my Glock 43. I held the 365 and it didn’t feel right in my hands.
See my post on page 2 of this thread, where I posted that video. You couldn’t pay me to buy a newer model of Sig these days. The not-drop-safe P320 was bad enough, but the P365 is a disaster.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

TAM sorry to steal your thunder my friend. I wouldn’t buy a new model sig either. One of these days I’d like to own a West German 226 though.

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MaduroBU »

How do they feel when you shoot them? How is the recoil? What is the trigger like?

The reliability issues will get fixed. Ergonomics can be hard or impossible to improve.

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Scott B. »

cmgee67 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:02 pm TAM sorry to steal your thunder my friend. I wouldn’t buy a new model sig either. One of these days I’d like to own a West German 226 though.
There's plenty floating around if you want one. Police trade-ins, etc.

I've got one on my bench right now that's in for updates/upgrades. Unless you just want "Made in W. Germany" on the slide, the new production guns are superior.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

extremist
Posts in topic: 4

Post by extremist »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:08 pm ... but the P365 is a disaster.
Oh good grief it is not. Mine is perfect, probably 400 rounds downrange, another 100 today. OVERWHELMING majority of owners are happy. YES, there have been some issues with some guns, just as there has been with EVERY OTHER gun ever manufactured (Caniks, Glock 42, 43, Gen 4 19, M&P 380EZ, CCP, SA XDS, M&P Shield, Ruger LCP, and on and on).

The internet allows users with issues to immediately highlight THEIR issues and when copied to a multitude of FORUMS, etc, appears to magnify issues. It's just not so. More and MORE users on the Facebook P365 groups are posting POSITIVE reports, and are starting to outnumber the Hyper-VOCAL users with negative issues.

Yes, I own a Sig p365. Yes, mine works fine. There are Tens of Thousands of us that are satisfied. Many owners don't participate in the forums free-for-all.

So, bottom line - if you have an issue with the P365, Sig will fix it. So, what's the problem?
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 6

Post by cyphertext »

extremist wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:24 pm So, bottom line - if you have an issue with the P365, Sig will fix it. So, what's the problem?
The problem is that if you need that weapon for defensive purposes and the firing pin has broken, or the trigger has went dead without you being aware, you might not be around for Sig to fix the problem.

I would not carry the P365 right now since the firearm is known to have these issues.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”