Carry at gun show

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Aggiedan
Posts in topic: 4

Carry at gun show

Post by Aggiedan »

New LTC , can I carry my weapon at the saxet gunshow?

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Carry at gun show

Post by treadlightly »

Good question, but a gun show is like any other place in the world. Property owners have their rights, and we must respect them. There is the complication that many gun shows take place on public property, where lawful carry should not be discouraged, but in general the rules for carry at a gun show are like anywhere else. If not legally posted otherwise, you can carry.

The one gun show I've carried at had good advice for walking their aisles cocked, locked, and chambered. Remember not to play show and tell. If you can legally carry, fine, but don't draw your weapon unless you're answering a deadly threat, something overwhelmingly unlikely at civilized venues (like gun shows).

Topic author
Aggiedan

Post by Aggiedan »

Thanks for your reply. I mainly want to take it and try various holsters.

apostate

Post by apostate »

Most shows will let you in with an unloaded, zip tied gun.

Allons
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Allons »

apostate wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:21 pm Most shows will let you in with an unloaded, zip tied gun.

Correct, went to SAXET last month they will zip tie your gun at entrance, leave your magazines in the car.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Allons wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:05 pm
apostate wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:21 pm Most shows will let you in with an unloaded, zip tied gun.

Correct, went to SAXET last month they will zip tie your gun at entrance, leave your magazines in the car.
So why carry at all?

Allons

Post by Allons »

WTR wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:18 pm
Allons wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:05 pm

So why carry at all?

OP said he needed a holster, that's the only reason I carried mine in.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

If they are not posted carry away, but do not remove that firearm from its holster. If you are taking one in to look for holster, accessories, etc than remove the magazine, the round from the chamber, and let them zip tie it.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Bruin98

Post by Bruin98 »

This thread brings back great memories of the last time I went to the mesquite gun show.

He was only 7 at the time, but my son was giving the ticket seller a run for his money about the sign that said I couldn't carry.

He asked me why and I said I don't know ask him. He did and then he debated the answer. He must've been winning cause they let us in early.

Topic author
Aggiedan

Post by Aggiedan »

Thanks to all for your feedback. I will leave mag in car and take my glock 26 in. Need to find good IWB holster for it. I'm also looking for walther PPS

Allons

Post by Allons »

Aggiedan wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:47 am Thanks to all for your feedback. I will leave mag in car and take my glock 26 in. Need to find good IWB holster for it. I'm also looking for walther PPS
You should be able to find a walther, but honestly I did not see any deals on new guns. Everything that I was looking for it was only about a 5 to 10 dollar difference from gun shop prices. When you add parking and entry fee about the same. IT was fun though talking to all the people they were really nice. I got a Tucker and Byrd leather pancake holster and ammo while I was there. They did have good deals on ammo though.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Topic author
Aggiedan

Post by Aggiedan »

I agree, the ammo was reasonable. Got my wife a m&p .380 reasonable price.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Aggiedan wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:47 am Thanks to all for your feedback. I will leave mag in car and take my glock 26 in. Need to find good IWB holster for it. I'm also looking for walther PPS
My wife really likes her Walther PPS LE M2. Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore is selling the Walther for $349.99.
https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore ... /ID/169707
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

Allons wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:22 am
You should be able to find a walther, but honestly I did not see any deals on new guns. Everything that I was looking for it was only about a 5 to 10 dollar difference from gun shop prices. When you add parking and entry fee about the same. IT was fun though talking to all the people they were really nice. I got a Tucker and Byrd leather pancake holster and ammo while I was there. They did have good deals on ammo though.
Dont go for the new prices, go to buy from the individuals walking around selling. Some good deals there usually.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

I get way more entertainment value out of going and seeing interesting things than I do a potential discount. As stated before, most prices are pretty much the same as big box stores. I found it convenient for me to find everything I need under one roof rather than running around to different stores or buying online. As for carry, if it’s not posted just carry on like you would anywhere else.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”