10 Round Mag States

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
MJR
Posts in topic: 1

10 Round Mag States

Post by MJR »

Couple of questions for travel by car in States having 10 round max in mag limits:
I will travel with a Glock 26
1. Can it have one on the chamber giving 11 rounds in gun?
2. In Texas this gun is always in my truck (have steel safe in console) wth a Glock 19 mag giving 16 rounds. So travel to most states i would think this is ok, BUT in those 10 round mag States (Calf and such) i would have a regular 10 round. Is it legal to have the 15 round mag unloaded in the car??
Thank you

SQLGeek

Re: 10 Round Mag States

Post by SQLGeek »

For California:

10+1 is legally ok in and of itself but there are not many times you can have a loaded gun. Having a California LTC is one example where you can. You can't transport a loaded gun, even if locked in the trunk. It has to be locked up and unloaded.

You cannot bring larger than 10 round magazines into the state, even if unloaded. Although now I think you can't possess them at all even if you owned them in state prior to the ban.
Psalm 91:2

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

moral of the story: avoid california :mrgreen:
NRA Member

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I know in Massachusetts that any possession of a standard capacity magazine is illegal whether in gun or not. You have to be licensed to possess a magazine or ammo. Standard capacity Magazines are grandfathered although I don't know how you can prove how old they are. The crimminal types don't worry so much about the confusing rules.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Be aware that some of the 10 round States also have other onerous restrictions. NJ, for example, will arrest you for having hollow point ammo. No non-law enforcement people are allowed to possess hollow points in that State So even if you were following the FOPA rules, you could still be arrested.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

chasfm11 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:17 am Be aware that some of the 10 round States also have other onerous restrictions. NJ, for example, will arrest you for having hollow point ammo. No non-law enforcement people are allowed to possess hollow points in that State So even if you were following the FOPA rules, you could still be arrested.
Is there an overpopulation problem in NJ that makes them want to have more bystanders killed by ricochets and pass throughs? Maybe they should also have a minimum caliber requirement to ensure even more lethality.

strogg

Post by strogg »

I would imagine people would be more likely to choose larger calibers in 10 round mag states. For some, a deciding factor in caliber is the magazine capacity count. If the max capacity of a 9mm is 10 rounds, while the maximum capacity of a 10mm or a .45 is also 10 rounds, it's a no brainer for some.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Stay the heck out of commie states.

But, but I have family there.

I've been offered a job there or my job takes me there.

Either don't take the job or threaten to quit if they insist you go to a commie state and actually quit if they insist...

Family: Have them visit you or email them (that's actually what I do as one of my closest relatives lives in Mass. & I won't go there nor she here) or some other tech type communication, but never under any circumstances place yourself in a commie state.

Would you visit E. Germany when it was commie cuz you had family there?

Admit it, you wouldn't.

Why these recommendations: You may spend the rest of your life there...while not wanting to, as prison can be difficult to get out of...and they always have a vacancy for you.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:41 am
chasfm11 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:17 am Be aware that some of the 10 round States also have other onerous restrictions. NJ, for example, will arrest you for having hollow point ammo. No non-law enforcement people are allowed to possess hollow points in that State So even if you were following the FOPA rules, you could still be arrested.
Is there an overpopulation problem in NJ that makes them want to have more bystanders killed by ricochets and pass throughs? Maybe they should also have a minimum caliber requirement to ensure even more lethality.
Not overpopulation. Over dose of Liberalism. :biggrinjester:
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:41 am
It would seem they still subscribe to the (wrong) idea that hollow points are "designed for cruelty only" (cue ominous music, DUN DUN DUN!) and/or the (wrong) idea that "rules of war" (via the Hague Convention of 1899) apply when a law-abiding citizen is set upon by armed criminals bent upon evil acts.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”