Knife Recomendacion!!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

aaangel
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Knife Recomendacion!!

Post by aaangel »

Most of the time, i carry the SOG trident. Nothing special. But when i want to get lethal, i go with my fox 599 karambit . "rlol"
'got to Texas ASAIC.

Daddio-on-patio
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

I will likely get beat up for this, however, I generally suggest folks to look for a knife blade that is 440c steel. Easy guys, here's my defense. 440 can be sharpened adequately by many novices using different types of sharpening equipment. Yes, the edge may not be as durable as S30 etc. but is easier to hone for those of us who do not have the dexterity to use stones or strops appropriately. BTW. Love my Lansky sharpener!
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Daddio-on-patio wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:23 pm I will likely get beat up for this, however, I generally suggest folks to look for a knife blade that is 440c steel. Easy guys, here's my defense. 440 can be sharpened adequately by many novices using different types of sharpening equipment. Yes, the edge may not be as durable as S30 etc. but is easier to hone for those of us who do not have the dexterity to use stones or strops appropriately. BTW. Love my Lansky sharpener!
Get a rope!
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

Richbirdhunter wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:08 pm
Daddio-on-patio wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:23 pm I will likely get beat up for this, however, I generally suggest folks to look for a knife blade that is 440c steel. Easy guys, here's my defense. 440 can be sharpened adequately by many novices using different types of sharpening equipment. Yes, the edge may not be as durable as S30 etc. but is easier to hone for those of us who do not have the dexterity to use stones or strops appropriately. BTW. Love my Lansky sharpener!
Get a rope!

I knew it! :thumbs2: "rlol"
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”