Knife Recomendacion!!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
fernando1027
Posts in topic: 2

Knife Recomendacion!!

Post by fernando1027 »

Too many brands .... wondering what everyone else is caring every day ... I do not have a price range was looking some benchmade knifes :)

dcphoto
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Knife Recomendacion!!

Post by dcphoto »

Spyderco Delica 4 without serrations.

I've had numerous other knives, but (except for work) I always end up switching back to the Delica 4. It's light; made with good steel; and comes in several colors.

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

if its for self defense give this a gander. http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... ilit=knife
NRA Member

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Spyderco Delica 4 full flat ground blade no serrations
Get a Spyderco sharpmaker a leather strop and some stropping compounds. You can keep your knife hair shaving sharp by just stropping it weekly. Use the sharpmaker if you get it really dull or a deformation then strop. The secret is to strop. You will build up a wire edge after using stones and the strop takes it off. If you don’t then when you cut something the wire edge will fold over and dull your knife.
Last edited by cmgee67 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

fernando1027 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:39 pm Too many brands .... wondering what everyone else is caring every day ... I do not have a price range was looking some benchmade knifes :)
Benchmade makes some great knives. Be prepared to end up with more knives than you know what to do with. Sure, you're going to just buy one EDC knife. We all tell ourselves that. :biggrinjester:

For pocket carry, consider how it fits in the pocket. Will corners or other surfaces poke you uncomfortably, and so on. The pocket clip, is it well thought out? I like the deep pocket clips so there's no knife sticking up out of my pocket.

Going auto-knife, assisted opening, fold out? If auto, is that kosher in the all the states you travel to? Would be terrible to be legally carrying a firearm, but get popped for an auto knife, double edge, or a blade length issue.

I've been carrying a gray version of this lately: https://www.bladehq.com/item--Gerber-Co ... atic--3965

Not the best knife. The lockup isn't as tight as I'd like. But it rides in my pocket so nicely I forget it's there. Plus, if it gets lost or messed up, I'm not going to cry too much over the price tag.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Topic author
fernando1027

Post by fernando1027 »

mmm the one you point out is not bad.... the thing is there are now legal in Texas ? i did looked it up just what to confirm if you live in tx

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Another vote for spyderco, I prefer them with an Emerson opener
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

GreenMan0352

Post by GreenMan0352 »

I carry a Benchmade Griptillian 99% of the time. Occasionally I carry a Benchmade Infidel in my boot. For work though I carry a Leatherman Wave Plus in addition to the Griptillian. Pick whatever feels right in your hand and that you are confident with.

txhighlander

Post by txhighlander »

Richbirdhunter wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:51 am Another vote for spyderco, I prefer them with an Emerson opener
I second that one.
Truth against the world

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Benchmade automatic is all there is for me now days.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Case medium Stockman for in the pocket carry. SAK with mini pliers and bit driver, forget the model name. And Spyderco Assist because you never know when you may need the special features.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

fernando1027 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:39 pm Too many brands .... wondering what everyone else is caring every day ... I do not have a price range was looking some benchmade knifes :)
There are other good brands, but if you looked no further than Benchmade, you’d still be well served. I currently own 3 Benchmade folders (485 Valet, 940-2 Osborne, 570 Presidio II “First Production”), a Benchmade fixed blade (183BK Contego), and two Benchmade 7 BLKW Rescue Hooks.

It is worth noting that I paid nowhere near MSRP for any of these items. I bought three of the items on Amazon - the 485, the 183, and the Rescue Hooks. I bought the limited edition 570 Presidio II on ebay. And I bought the 940-2 on sale at a considerably discounted price at the 5.11 Tactical store in Frisco.

Of all of those, the 940-2 is my EDC knife; and IMHO, if a pocket folder is what you want, then the 940 family of knives may be the best EDC knives ever made.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

I’ve got loads of knives. 90% of them are 1 of three brands; ZT, Spyderco, or Benchmade.

Surfer
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

growlerVII

Post by growlerVII »

Get a mikov. Won't break the bank, it's a decent blade geometry, easy to sharpen/rework, and it's a leverlock.........plus you can get them with different scales and corkscrews & such. And they pair up nicely with a cz 75 or p01

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”