Tuning a mag

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Gunner4640
Posts in topic: 1

Tuning a mag

Post by Gunner4640 »

I found this video about tuning a mag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6VkcpVZJDk I tried this out using the a digital caliper to measure and it worked great (no I did not buy the $100.00 plies in the video) on my Springfield range officer champ 9mm mags. I did streach one a little to far and it would not eject the mags so made the adjustment again now it works great. I compared the stock mag to the tuned while the slide was locked and there is a difference in bullet angle to the feed ramp. I set them to .355 like the video said. I guess I am going to buy the plies to make it easier :fire
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

twomillenium

Re: Tuning a mag

Post by twomillenium »

Rob72 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:11 pm Buy a *cough**cough*GLOCK*cough*... :mrgreen:
That's what I am thinking.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Setxjeff

Post by Setxjeff »

Even a cough ,cough Glock might have to be retuned if dropped on feed lips. No magazine is indestructible, esp as he was tuning 3-5 thousands.
TSRA Member
M1 Garand Collectors Association

flechero

Post by flechero »

Rob72 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:11 pm Buy a *cough**cough*GLOCK*cough*... :mrgreen:
There's a difference between tuning a mag and fixing it... especially on raceguns.

but I didn't expect a glock guy to catch that. :biggrinjester:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”